Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:24:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why do some people think atheists have no moral principles ?  (Read 619 times)
salinizm (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:19:06 AM

I always find this idea absurd. People do not need to believe in a religion to be a well-behaved person but many of the people think that people must have religious beliefs to be a good person. What are your opinions of this question ?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
R.Hasan

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:26:59 AM

Religion does not give a person morality, religion gives a person the ability to override morality, so that they can commit atrocities
R.Hasan

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:33:27 AM

One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by Religion. So now people assume that Religion and morality have a necessary connection. But the basis of morality is really VERY simple and doesn't require religion at all. "Arthur C. Clarke"
footballcrazy

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:02:33 PM

It is a old way of thinking in my opinion.

Back in the old days the reason why we didn't commit awful acts was due to the fear of the devil and punishment in the afterlife. You have to think that religion has been around for 100's of years and our civilizations were not always as law abiding as it is today.

Humans are always evolving and now with the big crimes we are taught due to humanities sake not to commit them.

I think now it has turned on it's head and by sticking to religious texts actually do not fit into our society as we have developed passed them.
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:19:50 PM

Atheism in itself is a religion. That is why they are being judge according to their religion. Their religion is to completely deny that there is a God. It is as if you are an Artificial Intelligence(AI) and you deny that you were programmed.

meshe

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:07:31 PM

it's part of religions having the in-built tendency to think they are 'correct', in an absolute sense.  like my idea is right and yours is wrong.  so then it's a natural extension to think that i have morals and you don't!

truth is, of course many atheists have high morals... and many do not!
aborjin

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:11:45 PM

İn general people who think like this do not have moral principles.Because atheists defend morality.But believers are hiding behind their faith.they do not understand that something can be done without fear or an interest.

.▄███     ██████     ███▄
██████   ███████   ██████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
  ██████████████████████
   █████████  ████████
    ██████    ██████
    ███████    ██████
   █████████  █████████
  ██████████████████████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
██████   ██████   ██████
 ▀███     ██████     ███▀
IMPRESSIO     ▄███████████████▄
     ██             ██
     ▀███████████████▀
           ██ ██
           ██ ██
       ▄▄█████████▄▄ ▄███▄
    ▄███▀▀       ▀▀████ ▀██▄
  ▄██▀   ▄▄█████▄▄   ▀██▄ ██
 ▄██  ▄███  █  █████▄  ██▄█▀
 ██  ███         █████  ██
██  ██████  ███   █████  ██
██  ██████  ▀▀▀  ▄█████  ██
██  ██████  ▄▄▄▄  █████  ██
██  ██████  ████   ████  ██
 ██  ███          ████  ██
 ▀██  ▀███  █  █████▀  ██▀
  ▀██▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
R.Hasan

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:33:04 AM

Atheism in itself is a religion. That is why they are being judge according to their religion. Their religion is to completely deny that there is a God. It is as if you are an Artificial Intelligence(AI) and you deny that you were programmed.

Our belief is not a belief. Our principles are not a faith. We do not rely soley upon science and reason, because these are necessary rather than sufficient factors, but we distrust anything that contradicts science or outrages reason. We may differ on many things, but what we respect is free inquiry, openmindedness, and the pursuit of ideas for their own sake. -Christopher Hitchens, god is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything.
R.Hasan

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:40:47 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOHgrnaTxk0
VadikZimnyayaRezina

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:05:53 AM

I always find this idea absurd. People do not need to believe in a religion to be a well-behaved person but many of the people think that people must have religious beliefs to be a good person. What are your opinions of this question ?
Atheism is everyone's thinking, as well as moral principles, and not interconnected. Therefore, there are many options, but most importantly everything depends on the person himself.

yourboss

Activity: 300

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:45:02 AM

I don't agree with that neither. The fact that atheists don't believe in God doesn't make them immoral. In fact sometimes atheists are even more human than religious people
Thyaga

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:49:41 AM

because many people think that atheist is a lazy person but my opinion is atheist is smart because god does not exist.
R.Hasan

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:58:57 AM

because many people think that atheist is a lazy person but my opinion is atheist is smart because god does not exist.

Atheists tend to be more intelligent than religious people. A new review of 63 scientific studies stretching back over decades has concluded that religious people are less intelligent than non-believers!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists-according-to-analysis-of-scores-of-scientific-8758046.html

http://www.iflscience.com/brain/study-suggests-atheists-are-more-intelligent-because-they-can-override-religious-instinct-/
Aladdin-Sane-83

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:01:26 AM

It is hard taking a person serious that beleives we all were created by a man sitting on a cloud....
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:13:04 PM

I think that it is because we always have the wrong notion for peiple who do not believe on a higher being or even to some extent to people who have different beliefs as purs. BUt what is really important is we try to keep an open mind as they are still people and no matter the difference they have humanity. Sometimes much more than people who have beliefs.
QueenOf

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:00:50 PM

It's not so much that Atheists don't have morals, rather there can be no absolute morality without God's existence. If God isn't real, then morals or ethics are relative to everyone or each society. People who believe in God are taught to follow a set of rules which are said to come from a god.  they don’t realize that others (i.e. secular humanists) are able to make rules based on how they affect human lives and the world at large. They also assume that atheists and other religions are amoral because they have different ethical systems.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:11:46 PM

I agree with you entirely. Some religious people tend to be too judgemental when it comes to religion. I think more than what you do to yourself, what you do to others defines you more. It doesn't matter if you have a specific god you worship, what matters is how you treat everyone around you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
0o

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:03:09 AM

This is a good question indeed - people who would not be able to be human without religion wonder how others actually can very well manage that.
marinomario

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:35:57 AM

But, I am more noted in the moral principles of ethical egoism. Thus, according to those who are atheists this moral principle of the goodness of attitude and life must also be held. The term is the golden role.

first: they do good, because they also want to get good treatment from others. For example, they want to love others, in the hope that they will get similar treatment when faced with similar life circumstances. they also do not want to disturb others, in the hope they will not be disturbed. Because, in the goodness of man does not want to interfere with each other. They do not want to be betrayed in the hope of being betrayed by those they trust too.

the second: they want to do good because others like goodness. Thus, the forms of solidarity, friendship, friendship are built on this basis. For example a guy when want to have a girl, then do the best possible to please the girl. to gain praise, recognition, and thus their social rewards have a moral obligation to do or have good principles.

The third, those who are rational humanist principles then think that he needs a good social environment. social goodness can only be achieved if all the smallest elements that build it also have good principles as well. They are part of the 'universe' goodness.

that is, finally they see that there is no reason to see that those who with their honesty can not find God in religion, even then proclaiming themselves as atheists are entitled to commit a crime. on the contrary, they question who gives legitimate rights to the religious to judge them as those who deserve to go to hell ?

radert

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:18:24 AM

Yes, some believe that, but when you look at news broadcasts you often see religious people often committing crimes or being involved in wars.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: