Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:44:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitFunder - Lets grow together! A request to all users - https://bitfunder.com  (Read 16610 times)
Ukyo (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:43:00 PM

Hello everyone,

I have a request for anyone who is willing to read this. (Even you Burnside! Wink ) And especially users who do not currently use BitFunder.
I have been spending the last few weeks tracking down and fixing small bugs here and there that have really been annoying people and have a few left to go.

What would it take to bring new people into BitFunder?

Also, what would current users love to see the most first?

While I do have some very exciting things in the background going for WeExchange that should become public in the next few weeks, I am still very committed to BitFunder.

Thing's in the works, some more ready than others.

* Authenticated Trading API
* Read-Only REST API (Yes Namworld, I know. Wink )
* Notifications Center ( Full options suite of E-Mail and global SMS notification options )
* Asset Analysts pages

What else would people like to see?

For the record, yes, I know some people are not happy with the WeExchange requirement, however I intend to give it at least another month or two to see how the big changes with WeExchange effect this. But by all means, if it's a major issue stopping you from using BitFunder, please say so. Smiley
Please keep in mind, having WeExchange handle BTC helps protect both it, and you. It also helps to make sure BitFunder remains speedy.

Trade fees: So far, no one has complained to me about our fee structure being the reason to not use BitFunder, but I am open to suggestions.
Would anyone be willing to say thats a primary reason for not using BitFunder?

Someone asked for a trollbox. Sure, why not if people really want it. Thoughts?

I am hoping to have the new trading API further along in the next week. It would be nice to get that going.

Along with that, the new websocket system will also update all page information live, including things like balances.
This means trades will no longer require actual page submissions once fully setup.
For those of you not aware, if you have websocket enabled under 'Settings', then the order books should be 100% live.

As I have said before, BitFunder is made for the community. If the community has demands, let's hear them!

Again, even if I have it listed here already, if it means something to you, either that it really annoys you, something you really want, or something stopping you from using BitFunder, say it here and make it clear. Smiley

Oh, and feel free to discuss it in #bitfunder on irc.freenode.net ( You can also use the easy IRC tab on the BitFunder Help page to come chat with us. )

Thank you for your time and support!
Ukyo
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Caesium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:51:15 PM

The margin-left: -30px on the .row class annoys me the most, everything on the page below the header is shifted left - does nobody else see this?

(Firefox/Aurora on OSX)

The WeExchange requirement was just another hurdle for me. I opened BitFunder and BTCT at the same time, with the sole intention of getting some ASICMINER-PT - you wanted me to go sign up to another website just to get some money in, BTCT didn't, so I went with the one that gave me less work.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:00:23 PM

The margin-left: -30px on the .row class annoys me the most, everything on the page below the header is shifted left - does nobody else see this?

(Firefox/Aurora on OSX)

The WeExchange requirement was just another hurdle for me. I opened BitFunder and BTCT at the same time, with the sole intention of getting some ASICMINER-PT - you wanted me to go sign up to another website just to get some money in, BTCT didn't, so I went with the one that gave me less work.

Well, the margin was an easy fix. Thanks for pointing it out! Smiley

I appreciate your thoughts on WeExchange, it will go a long ways towards future decisions for BitFunder, along with all the others I am sure to get. Wink

-Ukyo
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:02:20 PM

Glad to see this thread, and I really hope people chime in.

I use almost all of the exchanges, so I am already intimately familiar with the differences.

1. For me, Weex is a non-issue. I see it as a bonus layer of security that is no more inconvenient than BTCTC's manual withdrawals.

2. Trading fees are a bit high for new users, but I trade enough to where I have a high Tier and it's less of an issue for me.

3. BTCTC has some subtle, yet very useful little features, like bolding the Ask/Bid when it's me that represents that order; showing full market data within the My Portfolio page, etc. But I also LOVE Bitfunder's live order books.

4. Personally, I hate bots, and I think they deter humans from making more frequent orders, possibly making them zero sum for volume. However, I understand the need for APIs. If bots started to get out of hand on BF, I know I'd trade less.

5. Notifications, yes please, but not high priority for me.

6. Direct BitFunder coin accounts would be very useful, and could coexist with Weex really. I think the barrier with Weex is that many people have trouble with creating their accounts, mostly due to confirmation emails getting lost in limbo/spam. You have already implemented direct Litecoin compatibility, why not Bitcoin too?

7. A chatbox on a stock exchange would be interesting for sure. I'd love to see it, but worry about what degree of moderation would be required. Not sure if this degrades the professionalism of the site...

I probably have more I could think of, but I'll let the thread live a little first. I need to think about some of the things Havelock has that might be worth comparing.
Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:05:33 PM

Thanks for the margin fix - that looks better - but now .span12 (the table holding 'View Asset Market') is shifted 30px to the right, because of it's own margin-left, creating a horizontal scrollbar.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Bonam

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:10:26 PM

Current user here.

Margin and short-selling would be nice additions.
Franktank

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:14:27 PM

Current user here.

Margin and short-selling would be nice additions.

Margin and shortselling would expose BF to risk. A better way to do it would be to allow folks with BTC to facilitate those options on BitFunder at their own rates.
murfshake

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:21:48 PM

When scoping out both exchanges, I initially thought BTC-TC did not appear as user friendly, but in the end I decided I would use both exchanges to try them out.  I like both, but I will not add to my BitFunder portfolio due to the higher fees for small time traders.  I have 15 BTC in BitFunder and 15 BTC in BTC-TC, and I will not be putting any more in BitFunder since the rate is higher.

The Weed Exchange didn't bother me too much but it does add a lot more time to get trades in since they require 7 confirms, then a whole seperate trade, where as BTC-TC only requires 3 confirms so your trades can be done within 30 minutes, instead of over 1 hr.

Also, without a "market analysis' function like BTC-TC has you just don't offer nearly as much to the end user.

As it stands, you have potential, but I will not be putting any more funds in to BitFunder until the fees are lowered or it tailors to the buyer for statistical analysis and market breakdown.

Once you have that all done, release an Android app.

Good luck,
hf

Activity: 98

there will be no fucking vegetables

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:41:46 PM

Suggestion : bug bounty program.

Makes it feel more secure.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:45:56 PM

Thanks for the margin fix - that looks better - but now .span12 (the table holding 'View Asset Market') is shifted 30px to the right, because of it's own margin-left, creating a horizontal scrollbar.

The issue is not that it is shifted to the right. It is a button/tab which has padding to the sides of it. When selected, it lines up perfectly.
To make it more appealing, I offset the BitFunder logo to the right more.
jmutch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:47:25 PM

High fees made me take my volume to btct.co.....first thing i would change.

I like the appearance. I think trollbox would be fun, but definitely not professional.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:51:28 PM

1. weexchange.co's service is horrible (I have an open ticket there for now ~1 week) - please do provide alternatives!

2. Allow pricing in something else than BTC (it can still be only traded in BTC) such as LTC, USD, EUR...

3. Integrate ColoredCoins via OpenTransactions and/or Ripple IOUs so people can actually own shares, not Bitfunder IOUs of IOUs of companies (or even other IOUs).

4. Allow me to offer shares (and BTC!) to people who want to short sell/long buy.

5. An actual registration address + contact information would be nice too

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:59:55 PM

It would be nice to have a custom Y axis graph. Currently this just looks like a straight line (with a couple bumps), even though most of the trades vary slightly:

It would be nice for me to manually set it to show between BTC2-3 to show a better picture.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
luke.watson

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:04:10 PM

2. Allow pricing in something else than BTC (it can still be only traded in BTC) such as LTC, USD, EUR...

How would the price for shares be calculated - there's no exact trade value for BTC to USD or LTC etc - they'd have to be set on an exchange..

And this would assume that BitFunder has a stock pile of BTC that they're happy to accept LTC and USD for - it doesn't seem like a practical alternative..

If they added LTC companies which you can buy and sell shares of it would work, but I dont think it works for buying BTC shares for LTC

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:05:25 PM

For one, no fee for withdraw. Two, no minimum withdraw limit.

These are the only two I really ask for, like how GLBSE had it. All these other stock places like cryptostocks, have these annoying regulations in place, keeping your funds.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:05:57 PM

It would be nice to have a custom Y axis graph. Currently this just looks like a straight line (with a couple bumps), even though most of the trades vary slightly:

It would be nice for me to manually set it to show between BTC2-3 to show a better picture.

This is supposed to be dynamic. I have a ticket in with Highcharts at the moment. Smiley
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:06:40 PM

These are the only two I really ask for, like how GLBSE had it. All these other stock places like cryptostocks, have these annoying regulations in place, keeping your funds.

There is no fee to withdraw...
pekv2

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:07:32 PM

What about minimum withdraw limit? 0.005 should be suffice for minimum.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:09:46 PM

Currently it is at 0.01 to stop system spam attempts due to free transfers.
pekv2

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:13:57 PM

Currently it is at 0.01 to stop system spam attempts due to free transfers.

Can't complain I suppose, as there is no withdraw fee. Like to see atleast anything 0.005 minimum, for this type of amount, limit withdraw once at every three days to a week to stop spam withdraws. If you catch my drift?
Surprise

Activity: 77

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 03:14:36 PM

Random thoughts:

I think that WeExchange is providing a significant barrier to new users, but as an existing user I don't mind it.
Options fees are way too high. 2.5% is much more fair and might even bring higher revenues. I think 10% deters a lot of people from participating in options trading.
Show sales of options on a graph like sales of stock.
No trollbox please.

Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:18:41 PM

1. weexchange.co's service is horrible (I have an open ticket there for now ~1 week) - please do provide alternatives!

3. Integrate ColoredCoins via OpenTransactions and/or Ripple IOUs so people can actually own shares, not Bitfunder IOUs of IOUs of companies (or even other IOUs).

4. Allow me to offer shares (and BTC!) to people who want to short sell/long buy.

5. An actual registration address + contact information would be nice too

1. Unfortunately WeExchange's current site and support system is extremely poorly setup.
Which is why i have been spending the majority of my time on the new site.
I think at this point, every open ticket is regarding Ripple or tickets going back and fourth with users who want to AML verify using PO Box's and argue that they should not have to provide documentation. If your ticket has been somehow overlooked through the masses of complains about ripple's daemon suffering from its internal problems, I apologize.

Please PM me your ticket id on Weex and I will personally get it handled asap.

2. Can you elaborate? You say let pricing be in other things, and then say still in BTC?

3. Currently, there are huge legal concerns above and beyond with Ripple, as well as technical issues. So where that was once a plan and has already been built in, will have to wait until those issues (if ever) can be corrected. As for ColoredCoins, etc, I have been considering it.

4. Options trading? It's there. Unless you mean margins. Did you know that on BitFunder you can do options trading for BTC/USD ? As well as AUD and CAD?

5. As soon as I have wrapped up some very important dealings, I will be able to disclose everything publicly. Doing so in the meantime has a greater chance to harm things then help.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:21:59 PM

High fees made me take my volume to btct.co.....first thing i would change.

I like the appearance. I think trollbox would be fun, but definitely not professional.

Noted on the fees.

And for the trollbox, I have the same issue for the professionalism side of it which is the main reason it has not happened yet.
Any attempt to keep it 'clean' would require too much moderation.
Though, sometimes the people screaming "BITCOINS TANKING!!! SELL!!!" is amusing Tongue

I have considered using weex to help with this. By allowing users to share WeExchange verification status with their BitFunder account.
We can require chat box users to be weex verified. This means once banned from chat for abuse, it's fairly permenant.

Thoughts?

-Ukyo
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:24:31 PM

Random thoughts:

I think that WeExchange is providing a significant barrier to new users, but as an existing user I don't mind it.
Options fees are way too high. 2.5% is much more fair and might even bring higher revenues. I think 10% deters a lot of people from participating in options trading.
No trollbox please.

The 10% fee only applies to the premium amount. Simply reduce the premium and inflate the strike price instead if you want to manage your fees better.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:25:44 PM

Random thoughts:
No trollbox please.

Keep in mind that the 10% fee is only on the premium. Rarely will premiums ever go over 1btc let alone 10.

Options originally on graphs and everywhere else, and everyone complained about "bugged trades" because the pricing can be so off the wall compared to market price.
Price for a complete option has no relevance to the current market price and does nothing but confuse people, esp. new people.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:26:24 PM

Fees are quite simply non-competitive.  You need to lower both the charges at each tier and the BTC thresholds to get there.

Any implementation of bots should include a minimum fee for bots and a minimum time that an order has to be present to allow a human to execute against the bid or offer.  Otherwise you will have bot vs. bot battles that make your site unusable by humans.

The history of BTC securities is littered with the wreckage of scams, frauds, and incompetent management.  You need to take some protective steps to prevent ripoffs.  A few suggestions:
    - have some level of peer review for new issues
    - require an actual legal entity or verified identification of the issuer
    - vet statements for accuracy.  AMC's bullshit revenue forecasts being spammed on the front page every day make you look like a fool.

Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:40:27 PM

Fees are quite simply non-competitive.  You need to lower both the charges at each tier and the BTC thresholds to get there.

Any implementation of bots should include a minimum fee for bots and a minimum time that an order has to be present to allow a human to execute against the bid or offer.  Otherwise you will have bot vs. bot battles that make your site unusable by humans.

The history of BTC securities is littered with the wreckage of scams, frauds, and incompetent management.  You need to take some protective steps to prevent ripoffs.  A few suggestions:
    - vet statements for accuracy.  AMC's bullshit revenue forecasts being spammed on the front page every day make you look like a fool.

To be honest, I could not agree more.

Fee's, well, that's why were in the discussion. Smiley

I have been debating a while about special fees or costs and special time restrictions/allowances for API trading.

As for asset listings, much like I mentioned above for the chatbox idea, I am considering requiring all asset issuers be WeExchange verified. Full AML/KYC doc's.

Currently, I have been manually verifying any BFL/Avalon orders people claim to have. I will not allow anyone say "I have XXX" without proof.
As for checking statements, I too have been very annoyed over the past month about the news system.
Currently, like other sites, issuer's can post whatever they feel in real time. I am looking to change news posts to need an approval process.
drdanishkhan

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:41:11 PM

+1 for the AMC part  Angry

BTC tip jar 1LrwjfQ41DA9u8PLcQBLp7CueoWotdKshq
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:47:34 PM

+1 for the AMC part  Angry

In fact, looking at it, I would say that AMC's news posts have been borderline abusive.
With this, I have blocked AMC's posts from the dashboard.
Entropy-uc

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:49:23 PM

To be honest, I could not agree more.

Fee's, well, that's why were in the discussion. Smiley

I have been debating a while about special fees or costs and special time restrictions/allowances for API trading.

As for asset listings, much like I mentioned above for the chatbox idea, I am considering requiring all asset issuers be WeExchange verified. Full AML/KYC doc's.

Currently, I have been manually verifying any BFL/Avalon orders people claim to have. I will not allow anyone say "I have XXX" without proof.
As for checking statements, I too have been very annoyed over the past month about the news system.
Currently, like other sites, issuer's can post whatever they feel in real time. I am looking to change news posts to need an approval process.

I think it's great that you are requiring proof of orders.

My big beef with AMC is not his Avalon mining plans.  It is his claims to be building his own silicon.  It is BFL all over again.  He and his people have no competency in the field, and no idea of the capital required to deliver devices at the process nodes they claim to be working on delivering a device.

Want to sell stock in a company to develop a device?   Include a stack of resumes showing a background in the field, and a real schedule and budget to get the job done.
drdanishkhan

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:00:49 PM

Some say its ASICminer 2.0 .. well i seriously think they are just BFL 2.0.. big promises no deliveries..

Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:09:03 PM

As I told AMC,

I am only supportive of their mining, and not chip production.
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:29:19 PM

For the record, yes, I know some people are not happy with the WeExchange requirement, however I intend to give it at least another month or two to see how the big changes with WeExchange effect this. But by all means, if it's a major issue stopping you from using BitFunder, please say so. Smiley

It was, the notion of having to deal with another Exchange website to use Bitfunder was enough to convince me to use btct.co instead.
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:47:16 PM

2. Can you elaborate? You say let pricing be in other things, and then say still in BTC?
PM sent and answered, thanks Smiley

I mean something like "selling 1 share of "SUKRIM.DEBT" for 10 USD", then depending on the current market anyone can use 10 USD worth of LTC or BTC to buy 1 share.

This would also make it clarer for mining bond holders what they are investing in, as these need to be priced and valuated in USD imho.

Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:54:04 PM

I'll clarify - as I'm pretty certain Sukrim is referring to a feature I'd find massively useful.

A lot of securities are effectively denominated in different currencies to BTC - generally USD.  But at present all orders have to placed in BTC - leading to securities with face values fixed in BTC when that doesn't reflect the reality of the security value.

What would be useful is to be able to place a bid/ask at $X - and it would be displayed in the order book (in BTC) at whatever the current BTC value of $X was (and automatically maintained at that value).

Consider if I issued a security that had a face value of $1.

At present I'd have to manually calculate what $1 was worth in BTC - and could never leave orders up unattended as if the exchange-rate moved unfavourably I'd end up not receiving or spending the BTC equivalent of $1.

What would be good, instead, is to be able to place them for sale at $1 - then the exchange maintain the BTC price based on latest exchange-rates.  It's not actually quite as useful as it may sound - as unless funds are promptly converted there's still exchange-rate risk.  But it would allow the placement of unattended orders knowing that any loss due to exchange-rate would be because of moves AFTER your orders had been filled, not to people filling your orders after an unfavourable exchange-rate move.  It would allow more liquidity on securities with heavy fiat exposure in particular.

EDIT: I see sukrim responded whilst I was typing my post - it's same point anyway.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:03:23 PM

PM sent and answered, thanks Smiley

I mean something like "selling 1 share of "SUKRIM.DEBT" for 10 USD", then depending on the current market anyone can use 10 USD worth of LTC or BTC to buy 1 share.

This would also make it clarer for mining bond holders what they are investing in, as these need to be priced and valuated in USD imho.

While I do agree this would be useful, it unfortunately opens up a whole new additional legal can of worms.
Not to mention the engine constantly have to check pricing of bids.
Also, as BTC price shifts around (and swings sometimes crazily within minutes) it would cause massive consistent changes to the order books.
For example, if I placed $10 USD worth of a BID on the books for 1 share, as the market price (Which market should be used? gox?) can swing pretty fast in 30 minutes, causing the order to move up or down in the order book constantly.

Also, the main point of these exchanges were to have cryptocurrency based exchanges, not fiat based exchanges. If you want a fiat based exchange, there are plenty around the world. Smiley

Between legal, tech, and reasoning I don't see it happening.
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:06:42 PM

If it is already possible to have options on USD on your platform, why not use these?

Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:12:09 PM

Also, the main point of these exchanges were to have cryptocurrency based exchanges, not fiat based exchanges. If you want a fiat based exchange, there are plenty around the world.

The problem is that the vast majority of offerings on your exchange (same for BTC.CO and LTC-GLobal) actually change value more in line with fiat than with crypto currencies.  All mining shares for starters.  All currency exchanging systems where funds are tied up in USD post-sale.  ANy company whose stock and prices are set in USD.  PM funds.

BTC-denominated securities are largely a pretence - they're USD-valued securities being sold priced in BTC with artifical attempts to try to maintain a stable price in BTC.  There ARE exceptions - but those are a small minority.

Having to place orders in BTC for something which has a value that will change mainly in synch with USD forces the spread to be wider - and liquidity to be lower.

Guess the solution will be to use a bot and the API to maintain orders.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:24:02 PM

If it is already possible to have options on USD on your platform, why not use these?

Actually, you do not hold USD on BitFunder.
You hold shares of the FIAT.USD asset. Smiley
furuknap

Activity: 294

http://coin.furuknap.net/

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 08:28:53 PM

Wee exchange is a deal-breaker for me, always has been, always will be.

Beyond that, I have no idea because I'm not using a site on which I do not trust the security. When I recently got an email that the system had failed to register med for two month because I have non-English characters in my name, I got all the evidence I need that the site is developed by amateurs, and I've seen enough professionally developed money systems fail to stay miles away from anything that looks, acts, and smells like amateur hour and doesn't give me an immedate sense of security.

.b

ThickAsThieves

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:35:58 PM

Beyond that, I have no idea because I'm not using a site on which I do not trust the security. When I recently got an email that the system had failed to register med for two month because I have non-English characters in my name, I got all the evidence I need that the site is developed by amateurs, and I've seen enough professionally developed money systems fail to stay miles away from anything that looks, acts, and smells like amateur hour and doesn't give me an immedate sense of security.

.b

Man, you really love jumping to conclusions based on nearly arbitrary data...
furuknap

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 08:38:43 PM

Man, you really love jumping to conclusions based on nearly arbitrary data...

Indeed, that must be it.

.b

Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:00:50 PM

.b

The issue was the accepting mail server did not like the native characters provided by users on signup and was rejecting the emails. Talk about amateurs ! Tongue

I was able to contact one euro ISP about it, and they had it fixed in 2 days.

Others seem to large to care to response or look at their support emails.

Either way, the problem has been resolved.
furuknap

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 09:04:50 PM

Either way, the problem has been resolved.

Not for me, as long as there's anything that even smells like wee on Bitfunder, I'm staying away.

.b

Peter Lambert

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:08:30 PM

I tried out bitfunder and btct, but have consolidated all my funds over on btct for a couple reasons:

Notifications: with btct I get an email every time I buy, sell or get a dividend. With BitFunder I only knew if my orders had been filled if I load the site, log in, click a couple links to find the transaction history. At the very least a message should show up when you load the site which shows your activity since your last visit.

Charts: Your current charts seem to load slow and do not really give very good information. Instead of having the x-axis have one equally spaced point for each trade, the x-axis should be time and the points should be grouped according to the time.

Minimum withdrawal: I also think this is a bit high, especially since the price of bitcoins went up a factor of ten since you originally set the minimum.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:29:13 PM

I tried out bitfunder and btct, but have consolidated all my funds over on btct for a couple reasons:

Notifications: with btct I get an email every time I buy, sell or get a dividend. With BitFunder I only knew if my orders had been filled if I load the site, log in, click a couple links to find the transaction history. At the very least a message should show up when you load the site which shows your activity since your last visit.

Charts: Your current charts seem to load slow and do not really give very good information. Instead of having the x-axis have one equally spaced point for each trade, the x-axis should be time and the points should be grouped according to the time.

Minimum withdrawal: I also think this is a bit high, especially since the price of bitcoins went up a factor of ten since you originally set the minimum.

Hmm, very good points.

As for the withdraw, you think 0.01btc is too high?
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:43:06 PM

The margin fix now pushes too far to the right.  You should have made the navigation stretch out to a fluid container, and not have in-line margin edits.  You should work more with the native Bootstrap CSS instead of patching over it for using it incorrectly.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 09:44:22 PM

I like the additional layer of security provided by "Weed Exchange."   Cheesy  If you're too impatient to deal with it, go play on a different site.  It's not MPEX, FFS.

I don't like the lengthy response time for WX support because that mitigates the security advantage.  If there is a zero day exploit or other penetration, how long is it going to take before somebody at WX notices or gets the memo?

BF fees should be reduced as volume increases.

Asset owners should have to put up an anti-scammer collateral bond, publicly visible and distributable to shareholders upon them pulling an Ian ScamWell.

We need more info about jurisdictional regulatory legal risk.  Can the Queen seize WX/BF if she gets a bug up Her arse, or Obama "suggests" it's in Her interest to do so?

The News updates only list the asset owner.  There should be a link to the asset too.

I love the BTCE trollbox, but it is a security hazard and has been used for phishing.

Email verification for withdrawal is a good idea, esp. if users may select the threshold (IE, email me for confirmation, but only when more than 5 BTC are being moved).

Let the HFT bots go wild.  As long as they pay their fair share, the increased volume and liquidity are good for the exchange.  Surprising to see Luddites insisting on manual-only trades here.   Tongue

Stop wasting time and risking money on Ripple.  I don't want anything to do with the Sand Hill Road VC mafia's attempt to subsume/contain Bitcoin-type technologies.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 10:00:04 PM

I have a request for anyone who is willing to read this. (Even you Burnside! Wink ) And especially users who do not currently use BitFunder.
I have been spending the last few weeks tracking down and fixing small bugs here and there that have really been annoying people and have a few left to go.

I like it just the way it is.  Don't change a thing.  Wink  (j/k!)

alxs

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:28:06 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 10:51:36 PM by alxs

I have been unable to sign up with weexchange for some reason.  Sent an email and no reply for over a week now.

Basic problem is signed up with weex and it wouldnt accept password, tried a password reset but there is no place to enter
the code that is sent so totally stuck.

EDIT: Tried it again and am able to enter code now to reset password.  Also discovered had to use username vs email address.
hak8or

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:43:22 PM

Here are my suggestions:

When the user is already signed in, the homepage still displays the "Join the crowd and help fund things with your bits! Introducing the bitcoin fund raiser and trader!" part of the page on the homepage. I feel that it would make better use of that space to have the orderbook be displayed here instead once the user is already signed in. Or at least change it to something else, like your logo. Currently, it looks like a bug, so some people may feel that your site is amateurish and not professional.

BTCT's "My Value Analysis" tab is fantastic, and it would be awesome if you guys could implement something similar to view users profits on your site.

Your fees are absolutely not an issue what so ever.

The Weexchange site visually looks very unprofessional and bland, and the way that bitfunder and weexchange work together looks more of a hacked together type of thing. Most users probably were expecting a tighter integration of Bitfunder and Weexchange, not having to find the merchant ID and whatnot.

On your FAQ, the HashPower link is dead.
Q: Can you tell me more about WeExchange?
... around December of 2011. HashPower which has hundreds ...

The bug bounty program idea seems like an interesting one, but it feels somewhat risky. Maybe implementing a copy of your website using virtual assets and whatnot having a bounty seems like a better idea.

I really like your ability to transfer shares for free between accounts on the site, I don't think I have ever seen it before.

On your Dividend Reinvestment page inside the "My Assets" tab, there seems to be some alignment issues going on. For example, the BTC character seems to be far too close to the text box, too high relative to the text box, and too small relative to the text box. I am using chrome with the most recent updates on Windows 7. I can show an image if needed.

I feel that the "News" blue tab and the "DashBoard" tab could be combined somehow, since you are getting for the most part the same information in both tabs. Even better, possibly consider merging the blue tab and the white tab under it to get a cleaner looking site, but this may just be opinion.

Emails or SMS when there is a user definable change in an asset would be useful. For example, if AsicMiner drops more than 40% in the past five minutes, send me an email and an SMS going "HOLYWTFBBQ ALL YOUR MONIES ARE FLYING AWAY!" or something like that.

I love the BTC-E trollbox, it provides endless bouts of humor but also introduces some possible panic behavior, resulting in increased volatility. If it is implemented, then there has to be moderation based on preventing spam and fishing websites. One way would be to allow only links to reddit.com/r/bitcoin and bitcointalk.

Lastly, you guys are very awesome for asking for feedback from the community like this! Keep up the fantastic work!
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:29:10 AM

Add a troll box via coinchat  Smiley
syncretic

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:35:07 AM

I had pretty much an identical experience. I found out about BTCT and BitFunder at the same time. BTCT account creation was much smoother and I was a little put off about having to sign up with a second service for BitFunder, so I went with BTCT.
TaxReturn

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:40:05 AM

My concerns and reasons for preferring btct:

* Don't feel very good about routing my coins through another site first, especially if that site looks like someone saved it from the 90s.
* The stock graphs load painfully slow, I dread using the site on my netbook.
* Notifications via mail, I need them, I want them.
* Value analysis missing: stocks bought at price x, current price y, gain/loss/dividends etc.
* And last but certainly not least: the fees, seriously.

On the plus side: the site looks good, much better than btct, but that's just not enough.
drdanishkhan

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:52:22 PM

BTCT has a value analysis page where your estimated profits are shown for each asset based on average buying price and current price.. It would be great to have that here too.. its a real help sometimes..

ThickAsThieves

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:18:39 PM

BTCT has a value analysis page where your estimated profits are shown for each asset based on average buying price and current price.. It would be great to have that here too.. its a real help sometimes..

I agree, but please note that BTCTC's analysis page does have its limitations. Importing shares and transferring shares can distort your values. Even when you sell shares, the resulting portfolio value is a bit distorted, if I recall correctly.
drdanishkhan

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:21:35 PM

A little error is not that big a problem.. its hard to calculate a weighted average from your transaction history and then determine profitablity.. so any such kind of service would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley

ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 01:42:18 PM

No trollbox.

Reducing the fees while maintaining the volume discounts is an idea I like.

IMHO the biggest problem with WeExchange is lack of competition. Can other services be added? Maybe ensure that the new API will have functionality to allow other services to arise naturally.

I'd like to see something like the BTCT value analysis page.

As far as verification, maybe require it for public listings but still allow unverified private listings so people can outsource their shareholder management.

I like the idea of optionally bonding assets. Maybe don't have a fixed value, but each asset could have a bitcoin address that BitFunder controls that is publicly shown on the asset page with its value - perhaps as a percentage of the asset's market cap. Investors would know that their investment would be worth at least that percent.

Optional email notifications would be nice.

Getting the messaging framework up will be good.

Bring on the bots!

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
Eric Muyser

Activity: 224

You can't kill math.

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:13:44 AM

Please add automated dividends for TAT Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=223442.new#new

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:18:40 PM

Please add automated dividends for TAT Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=223442.new#new

Already on the way. Promised Graet as well. Wink
bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:48:05 PM

Iam suprised I never heard anyone complain about this so it might me only my problem for some reason? Whenever I loard up site with  graph of any security it laggs for a bit like 2-3sec. Its not a big deal I quess but it gets anoying after a while...
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:49:43 PM

Iam suprised I never heard anyone complain about this so it might me only my problem for some reason? Whenever I loard up site with  graph of any security it laggs for a bit like 2-3sec. Its not a big deal I quess but it gets anoying after a while...

This has been mentioned before and is currently being worked on Wink
paul3

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:25:54 PM

You can disable the chart in your account settings: https://bitfunder.com/settings "Asset Charts: Not Dosplayed"
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:31:24 PM

You can disable the chart in your account settings: https://bitfunder.com/settings "Asset Charts: Not Dosplayed"

For the record it does actually say 'Not Displayed' Wink

Thanks paul! Smiley
thatbluedude

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 08:56:43 PM

add good yubikey support (register several keys, can't remove yubikey auth. without yubikey, set conditions that require yubikey authorisation)
it's also annoying that I can't open an asset in a new tab with the middle mousebutton
hf

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:00:12 PM

bug : ATM it is possible to place sell orders for a total amount of ฿184467440737.09551615 per share. Needless to say this exceeds the total amount of bitcoin ever issued.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:06:22 PM

add good yubikey support (register several keys, can't remove yubikey auth. without yubikey, set conditions that require yubikey authorisation)
it's also annoying that I can't open an asset in a new tab with the middle mousebutton

I think you are the second person to ask for Yubikey support.
I will look into it. Smiley

As for the asset page, I was just discussing changes for it with TAT earlier today that will make things better for a lot of people I think.

-Ukyo
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:07:05 PM

bug : ATM it is possible to place sell orders for a total amount of ฿184467440737.09551615 per share. Needless to say this exceeds the total amount of bitcoin ever issued.

I suppose I could put a max trade price of 10,000 btc. It would just be an impossible trade.

Thanks for pointing it out. Smiley

-Ukyo
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:13:43 PM

I suppose I could put a max trade price of 10,000 btc. It would just be an impossible trade.

Thanks for pointing it out. Smiley

-Ukyo
The functionality provides by BTCT should be refer by BITFUNDER.
Such as scheduled future dividends, and remains of recent dividend in main page...I think all those features will help investors more easily accessing to the information they needed for to make a decision...
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:34:11 PM

What's the time zone for the trade times on BitFunder?
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:26:46 PM

What's the time zone for the trade times on BitFunder?

CDT.

Soon things will default to UTC, and allow logged in users to set their timezone in the preferences.
carpetbagger

Activity: 258

You can trust me, I have an avatar

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:01:46 AM

• The market depth graph is quite useless to me. Should be the same as every other exchange.
  • Someone mentioned it already but I want to open assets in new tabs easily.

Keep clam & hodl on
hf

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:56:39 AM

Feature request : When not logged in and trying to access an exclusive part of the website, we're redirected to the home for login, and from there to the dashboard.

I'd like to be redirected to the page I was trying to access. It's really easy to implement.

Example : logged out, access : https://bitfunder.com/myassets
redirected to home, log in, redirected to dashboard, although we should be redirected to https://bitfunder.com/myassets
davidkassa

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:30:22 PM

+1 on the open assets in new tab

It would be nice if the assets were categorized/tagged (e.g. mining, gaming, loans) - possibly self-tagged by the owner

Maybe a toggle to mBTC or others. I'm always paranoid that I'm going to add 1 too few or 1 too many zeros.

Email notification on dividends posted

Not a deal breaker, but WeEx is not preferred

fees

Possibly standardize the Profiles a little bit more. Half the time the Summary and Description are identical and no link to a forum or prospectus, etc. Maybe a tab for docs such as P&L.
josiasrdz

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:58:45 PM

an alternative to weexchange is needed, the minimum direct exchange deposit is BTC0.1 it takes me like 2 days to mine that amount of BTC

17yN2CQsYGBd3jEcNcWQDua4sViVP7YmC1
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:15:23 AM

How about making it possible to change the 2 Factor key on WeEx, or to disable it?  I don't see any way to do that.  If I lose my access to that key, will my funds be stuck on BitFunder forever?
+1
same concern...
bizz

Activity: 492

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:14:10 AM

I'd like an API with market data like btct (OHLC).
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:43:10 AM

I'm waiting for an API
velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:03:13 AM

Feature request : When not logged in and trying to access an exclusive part of the website, we're redirected to the home for login, and from there to the dashboard.

I'd like to be redirected to the page I was trying to access. It's really easy to implement.

redirected to home, log in, redirected to dashboard, although we should be redirected to https://bitfunder.com/myassets

+1

joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 04:34:19 AM

I like bitfunder design and fast transaction, however some of the figures are not updating in real time, like trade history, BTC balance, If real time takes too much server load, I'd like to see Refresh button instead of reloading the whole page.
hf

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 04:48:54 PM

+1

Other feature request - more "request" than really "feature" though :

Please use different titles on different pages. ATM every page says <title>BitFunder.Com - Join the crowd, every BIT helps!</title>, which is plain wrong for so many reasons. SEO, tabs, bookmarks, ...
MikeMark

Activity: 179

Bitcoin: money chosen by the market.

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:22:49 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 05:46:08 AM by MikeMark

Hey Ukyo,

While you're taking care of all those new features, could you implement a setting that makes it so I never lose BTCitcoin on an asset?  Cheesy

Thanks in advance!

The Path of the Just is as the Shining Light...
MikeMark

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:38:39 AM

Seriously though,

The charts are useless at present. I just leave them off. A good charting system needs many options.

It would be nice to have a pathway out for bitcoin other than just through weed (sp?) ex. Possibly you could charge a withdrawal fee for a direct path out?

I like the fill button, but could you also provide an average cost when trading at multiple prices?

I do a lot of trading on iPhone & iPad platforms because of speed and portability. Can you spend some time making interfaces for smaller windows more user friendly. You just can't see the bid and ask pricing lists at the same time. Touch scrolling doesn't always work properly.

jmutch

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:39:51 AM

Answer support requests?  Smiley
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:59:28 PM

Answer support requests?  Smiley

Hi Jmutch,

You had additionally contacted me on IRC in which I replied to you there asking for more data.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:01:22 PM

Seriously though,

The charts are useless at present. I just leave them off. A good charting system needs many options.

It would be nice to have a pathway out for bitcoin other than just through weed (sp?) ex. Possibly you could charge a withdrawal fee for a direct path out?

I like the fill button, but could you also provide an average cost when trading at multiple prices?

I do a lot of trading on iPhone & iPad platforms because of speed and portability. Can you spend some time making interfaces for smaller windows more user friendly. You just can't see the bid and ask pricing lists at the same time. Touch scrolling doesn't always work properly.

I am working on a newer advanced buy/sell box area that gives a lot more details Smiley

Most users want exact total when using the fill buttons, but I do agree that an average is nice to know also.

I guess I will be buying an iPad soon just to test things out.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:01:44 PM

Hey Ukyo,

While you're taking care of all those new features, could you implement a setting that makes it so I never lose BTCitcoin on an asset?  Cheesy

Thanks in advance!

If only I could. Wink
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:03:18 PM

I like bitfunder design and fast transaction, however some of the figures are not updating in real time, like trade history, BTC balance, If real time takes too much server load, I'd like to see Refresh button instead of reloading the whole page.

Everything is real time.

The only thing I can think of is that after doing a trade, the balances may not reflect correctly.
I will probably have a fix for this in the next day or so.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:39:48 PM

Would it be possible to add bid/ask on options? (Currently only can sell/ask)

Also, so owned options show up in your assets?

Finally, market depth graph is screwed up by huge bid/asks throwing off the scale.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
carpetbagger

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:13:13 PM

Forgive me if this has been asked (and answered) before.

What is the significance of the default ordering of assets when you first click on Market?

(edit - punctuation)

It's ordered by 24hr volume of btc.

Keep clam & hodl on
TheEmperor

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:14:48 PM

UKyo

Would it be possible to adapt the Market (asset list) to have an extra column showing percentage change over (x) period, say a days trading or 12 hrs or whatever is best? Also could you make it to allow for me to change the order in which they are listed by biggest gainers or biggest losers?

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
3. Kill people with Kindness.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:06:08 PM

UKyo

Would it be possible to adapt the Market (asset list) to have an extra column showing percentage change over (x) period, say a days trading or 12 hrs or whatever is best? Also could you make it to allow for me to change the order in which they are listed by biggest gainers or biggest losers?

Anything is possible.

And I really like this. Smiley
TheEmperor

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:36:08 PM

Also, would it be possible to have unrealized and realized P/L for the account? On realized, could it also have different time frames, maybe a 1 week, 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and ytd? Oh, a simple line graph showing this?

And is that a yes on the above asks?  Wink

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:30:47 PM

Also, would it be possible to have unrealized and realized P/L for the account? On realized, could it also have different time frames, maybe a 1 week, 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and ytd? Oh, a simple line graph showing this?

Ah hah! something interesting to add to the graphs.

I have added this stuff to the todo list. Smiley

Thanks!
TheEmperor

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:46:46 PM

Ah hah! something interesting to add to the graphs.

I have added this stuff to the todo list. Smiley

Thanks!

My Hero  Grin

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
MikeMark

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:57:03 PM

Ukyo,

I just thought of one I'd really like to see:

Emails when something happens, buy, sell, option etc. That's on the list (I think). Here's what's not: ability for a user to supply a public key (PGP) to secure the emails.

Thanks.

Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:04:09 PM

Ukyo,

I just thought of one I'd really like to see:

Emails when something happens, buy, sell, option etc. That's on the list (I think). Here's what's not: ability for a user to supply a public key (PGP) to secure the emails.

Thanks.

Even better. Just added it to the notifications center stuff. Smiley

Thanks!
canuckgal

Activity: 104

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 10:25:11 PM

How about Primary and Secondary markets?

Cash Bitcoin sales in Winnipeg at www.bitcoinwpg.com. Western Union also available on Local Bitcoins (WinnipegBitcoinSeller)
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/WinnipegBitcoinSeller/

"Don't worry. Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep...in a blender." - Simpson, Homer J.

Tips: 1L5n1xgXzPyHDk84Ccpv5r3TKdiKcrVrfs
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:31:50 PM

How about Primary and Secondary markets?

Are you dating Vbs perchance?
canuckgal

Activity: 104

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 10:59:06 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 11:14:05 PM by canuckgal

I don't spend enough time on here to know who Vbs is, sorry buddy lol.  

But it's hard when a company is releasing additional Stocks, and flippers are undercutting the IPO.  If that makes any sense? I'm still learning!

>>Edit: Ok yes, Vbs is exactly where I got that idea from, in the AMC Thread, now I feel silly, sorry

Cash Bitcoin sales in Winnipeg at www.bitcoinwpg.com. Western Union also available on Local Bitcoins (WinnipegBitcoinSeller)
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/WinnipegBitcoinSeller/

"Don't worry. Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep...in a blender." - Simpson, Homer J.

Tips: 1L5n1xgXzPyHDk84Ccpv5r3TKdiKcrVrfs
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:21:21 PM

I don't spend enough time on here to know who Vbs is, sorry buddy lol.  

But it's hard when a company is releasing additional Stocks, and flippers are undercutting the IPO.  If that makes any sense? I'm still learning!

>>Edit: Ok yes, Vbs is exactly where I got that idea from, in the AMC Thread, now I feel silly, sorry

No worries, was just teasing Smiley
funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:06:05 AM

Sorry if this has already been asked, or sounds "daft".

Would it be possible to have 2FA for withdrawals without having to have it active for logging in?

Thank you for providing this market.
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:15:56 AM

Would it be possible to have 2FA for withdrawals without having to have it active for logging in?

But then you'd need it for orders too.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:22:28 AM

And transfers. And etc.

I like Google's system - trusted computers are auth'd for 30 days.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:53:36 AM

But then you'd need it for orders too.

Yes. I should have a 2-Factor settings area.

30 days is too much when dealing with funds.
Grinny

Activity: 390

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:09:48 PM

My suggestions:
- API support to track the prices of shares and to overview the dividend payments in an external program would be really great!
- A BitFunder News section informing about site updates / new features and also new shares

Crypto-Trade: Invest. Trade. Be free.
BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
zxyzxy

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:38:25 PM

I guess that its not that significant, but it would be nice if i could just right click and open on new tab assets when im on the asset market list.
coinedBit

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:30:25 PM

the market view table uses javascript instead of real a href links currently, so that it is currently not possible to open multiple stocks in separate tabs, in addition the initial asset view takes ages to load (latest google chrome) because of "Loading chart..." (the charts are awesome btw, but maybe there's a way to partially cache things?) - it would be great if you could get these fixed.
pascal257

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:09:10 AM

Just bumping for API
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:42:01 AM

the market view table uses javascript instead of real a href links currently, so that it is currently not possible to open multiple stocks in separate tabs, in addition the initial asset view takes ages to load (latest google chrome) because of "Loading chart..." (the charts are awesome btw, but maybe there's a way to partially cache things?) - it would be great if you could get these fixed.

I have been testing ideas for a replacement for the market page that I think most people will be happier with. Smiley
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:42:36 AM

Just bumping for API

It's moving along, both WebSocket and REST.

A few people have started gaining some access. Smiley
pascal257

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:48:37 AM

Just bumping for API

It's moving along, both WebSocket and REST.

A few people have started gaining some access. Smiley
Any rough estimate when its released to general public?
Grinny

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:31:17 PM

Aside from the API, all that BitFunder needs in my opinion is more Users and more Assets (=higher trade volume and more possibilities for investing money).

This might be done by adding two features:
- Adding LTC as a payment method
- Start a referal program, so that we can link BitFunder in our signature (and get a few mBTC for every registration).

BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:33:53 PM

Aside from the API, all that BitFunder needs in my opinion is more Users and more Assets (=higher trade volume and more possibilities for investing money).

This might be done by adding two features:
- Adding LTC as a payment method
- Start a referal program, so that we can link BitFunder in our signature (and get a few mBTC for every registration).

Referral program is a good idea!

LTC is a good idea too, but only if you set it a separate market. I'm not interested in seeing an asset being able to be paid for by more than one currency.
coinedBit

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:37:19 PM

I agree regarding the referral program, I briefly mentioned that in a message I sent to Ukyo earlier. But there are more options to increase adoption, while also increasing profits for bitFunder through various channels. Ideally, bitFunder would eat its own dog food and actually issue bitFunder shares through bitFunder, that way we could support the project by buying shares, but also get more people involved who can profit from its success, i.e. who are interested in it succeeding in the long run.

Thus, adding a referral program and issuing bitFunder shares should go hand in hand hopefully.
Grinny

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:27:41 PM

I agree regarding the referral program, I briefly mentioned that in a message I sent to Ukyo earlier. But there are more options to increase adoption, while also increasing profits for bitFunder through various channels. Ideally, bitFunder would eat its own dog food and actually issue bitFunder shares through bitFunder, that way we could support the project by buying shares, but also get more people involved who can profit from its success, i.e. who are interested in it succeeding in the long run.

Thus, adding a referral program and issuing bitFunder shares should go hand in hand hopefully.

Agree. BTCGlobal and LTCGlobal are offering shares for their own project, I think.

coinedBit

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 09:07:24 PM

personally, I am not overly concerned regarding the legality of equity-based crowdfunding, on the other hand, the way bitFunder.com is set up, there are some very real attack/regulation vectors, such as the dependence on weExchange, but also its .com TLD, and probably a bunch of other aspects that most of us are not aware of.

given the number of btc exchanges and equity market places that were shut down over time, I would hope these issues to be properly addressed in some way, to ensure that early-adopters of bitFunder.com would not be prone to such a scenario, possibly by supporting other exchanges. For example, see: http://bex.io/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 01:07:45 AM

personally, I am not overly concerned regarding the legality of equity-based crowdfunding, on the other hand, the way bitFunder.com is set up, there are some very real attack/regulation vectors, such as the dependence on weExchange, but also its .com TLD, and probably a bunch of other aspects that most of us are not aware of.

given the number of btc exchanges and equity market places that were shut down over time, I would hope these issues to be properly addressed in some way, to ensure that early-adopters of bitFunder.com would not be prone to such a scenario, possibly by supporting other exchanges. For example, see: http://bex.io/

Good points.  I'd like to see BF establish .onion and .bit backup domains, as well as a diffuse piratebay-like hosting structure.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ArcticWolf

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:38:33 AM

I feel that Bitfunder needs to have either the option to set the time to your own native local time, or a server time situated somewhere at the top of the page, as it's very hard for me to tell when the last trade was on a share/bond.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:18:43 AM

I feel that Bitfunder needs to have either the option to set the time to your own native local time, or a server time situated somewhere at the top of the page, as it's very hard for me to tell when the last trade was on a share/bond.

This is in the works. Smiley
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:19:24 AM

I mentioned to someone in a pm recently that the tld should soon not be an issue. Smiley
Grinny

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:09:10 PM

Is it possible to automatically re-buy shares with the dividend you got from another share?
i.e.

ASICMINER dividends ---> 1 BTC ---> auto-buy GRAET-LOAN

?

funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:24:08 PM

Is it possible to automatically re-buy shares with the dividend you got from another share?
i.e.

ASICMINER dividends ---> 1 BTC ---> auto-buy GRAET-LOAN

?

I was also going to suggest this  Grin
allbiznessman

Activity: 74

SudoSuRootDev... AKA... AllBiznessMan

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 02:45:37 PM

Hey Ukto,

I just discovered that I've lost my 3 asicminer shares. Someone (not me) has transferred them to the vi6ecps account on the 19th.

Please reply to my support ticket! It's been 24 hours already.

nocompare

Activity: 94

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:04:43 PM

please answer my support ticket.i lost assets

nocompare
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:06:14 PM

biggest bug imho: not being able to bring assets online.
i've been following you around for close to three weeks now (pm, irc) to no avail.

ThickAsThieves

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:09:57 PM

i've been following you around for close to three weeks now (pm, irc) to no avail.

It's not that unreasonable for it to take a few weeks to green light a new asset.

Is it possible they are not interested in your asset?
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:27:35 PM

It's not that unreasonable for it to take a few weeks to green light a new asset.

Is it possible they are not interested in your asset?

I already had the OKAY for the assets, albeit they're rather smallish and owned privately 100%.
We just "never got around" to setting them up.
murfshake

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:36:30 PM

Suggestion:
I don't want to use 2 Factor Authenticaion every single time I login to just check my portfolio, but FFS I want it on when I trade or withdraw.  I will be pulling all assets out of BItfunder and moving them to BTC-TC for this very reason in 4 weeks if this is not enabled.

Thank you,
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:53:07 PM

Suggestion:
I don't want to use 2 Factor Authenticaion every single time I login to just check my portfolio, but FFS I want it on when I trade or withdraw.  I will be pulling all assets out of BItfunder and moving them to BTC-TC for this very reason in 4 weeks if this is not enabled.

Thank you,

1. Open Public Asset List https://bitfunder.com/assetlist
2. Ctril+F
3. Paste in your registered wallet address.
4. You're Welcome!
murfshake

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:28:48 AM

Suggestion:
I don't want to use 2 Factor Authenticaion every single time I login to just check my portfolio, but FFS I want it on when I trade or withdraw.  I will be pulling all assets out of BItfunder and moving them to BTC-TC for this very reason in 4 weeks if this is not enabled.

Thank you,

1. Open Public Asset List https://bitfunder.com/assetlist
2. Ctril+F
3. Paste in your registered wallet address.
4. You're Welcome!

lol, thanks TAT but that is way harder and impossible to get an overview on!  I check this from my offices, the car, home, etc and would like to just login and get a great overview.  When I want to trade, I pull out the phone for 2FA!

But ty =)

*** Edit - If that "Asset List" showed the price and my total price of each asset that would actually work.
BitOmni

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:41:35 AM

I actually like the User Interface of BitFunder a lot more than BTCT, and the BitFunder name is easy to remember.

(Firefox/Aurora on OSX)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38877106/Screenies/Screen%20Shot%202013-05-31%20at%2014.50.31.png

lagmo

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:29:49 AM

As for the asset page, I was just discussing changes for it with TAT earlier today that will make things better for a lot of people I think.

-Ukyo

Make that 3 people now, personally hate Google 2F, having an alternative would be nice. Wink
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:01:49 AM

In setting up 2 factor:

Write this down and save it!
Enter code to enable:

Huh Huh  What code do you enter?Huh??
carpetbagger

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:17:39 AM

In setting up 2 factor:

Write this down and save it!
Enter code to enable:

Huh Huh  What code do you enter?Huh??

The code from the Authenticator app.

Keep clam & hodl on
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 07:23:16 AM

got it, thanks.

now i can sleep better.... Cheesy
zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:33:19 PM

The transfer function was being abused with a cross site attack, anyone could have sent POST data to the /transfer page, no matter what website they were sending the data from, and as long as the use was logged in, the transfer would go through.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-site_request_forgery

You may want to set up a transfer confirm email, or you may want to add a CSRF hash to your form data so that it can't be spoofed and the server is checking that each submission is in fact from the right server.

This bug will circumvent 2FA.  So I probably won't stay logged in and clicking external links until this problem is fixed.

Just my two cents.

Glad to see that its disabled right now, guess you are looking into it?  I saw some poor souls getting scammed on reddit Sad
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:38:55 PM

-Ukyo

Make that 3 people now, personally hate Google 2F, having an alternative would be nice. Wink

Agreed. I am going to add Yubikey, and I am working on a new method in the industry that some people will like, others will hate.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:47:10 PM

There have only been a very small amount of accounts abused so far in comparison to the normal daily users who do not have 2-factor enabled.
We have  seen a large number of failed login attempt for email accounts that do not exist on our system. One thought is that another site has been compromised.

I lowered the failed retry amount as some people noticed to lessen the speed at which the list can be tested.

Cross-site POST's using logged in sessions are a bit more difficult but I am putting a check for that.

These transfers happened when users were not at the computer at all.

I am looking to enable an 'email confirmation' method for things.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 10:09:30 PM

Agreed. I am going to add Yubikey, and I am working on a new method in the industry that some people will like, others will hate.

Make it 4 people who hate/nullroute Google and will never use Android/SpyOS Hitlerphones.

+1 for Yubikey and soon, Trezor as well.   Cool

As a buy-and-hold long term investor, I'd like an option to 'Lock down' my account, requiring two email confirmations sent 48 hours apart to transfer or change anything.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TECHICENINE

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 10:53:04 PM

BTCT hit the big boards i bet anyone got 1btc.. I'LL SHOW YOU!  i know why !..lol
felix123

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:57:48 AM

I want to automatically have my G.ASICMINER-PT dividends reinvested into TAT.ASICMINER. Would this be a good feature? Otherwise, email notification of dividend payments would be good too.
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:51:26 PM

PM sent with a suggestion.
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 4718
Merit: 4218

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 09:41:23 PM

I think an options market would be helpful.  Something similar to the securities market screen where you can view all the available options for all the securities, sorted by volume.  I'd like to view options without having to go through each security and also would like to see what people are actually buying to help identify potentially good deals.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:07:35 PM

I think an options market would be helpful.  Something similar to the securities market screen where you can view all the available options for all the securities, sorted by volume.  I'd like to view options without having to go through each security and also would like to see what people are actually buying to help identify potentially good deals.

+1

█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████             █████ █
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
Eric Muyser

Activity: 224

You can't kill math.

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:56:30 PM

API keys please?

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
JoseRolles

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:02:28 AM

Hi,

For now, is it possible to have the current server time listed somewhere on the top where the menu is on each page?

I live in a different time zone and often want to analyze when the last trade actually happen. It would be even better if on our settings page, we can save a setting to display time in our own time zones. But the first will suffice in the meantime so we can compare when things were posted.

Thanks,
Joe
furuknap

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 05:14:28 AM

The transfer function was being abused with a cross site attack, anyone could have sent POST data to the /transfer page, no matter what website they were sending the data from, and as long as the use was logged in, the transfer would go through.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-site_request_forgery

You may want to set up a transfer confirm email, or you may want to add a CSRF hash to your form data so that it can't be spoofed and the server is checking that each submission is in fact from the right server.

This bug will circumvent 2FA.  So I probably won't stay logged in and clicking external links until this problem is fixed.

Just my two cents.

Glad to see that its disabled right now, guess you are looking into it?  I saw some poor souls getting scammed on reddit Sad

Ukyo, are you starting to see my point yet?

.b

SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:56:41 AM

Is the server went down, because I had difficulty to open the website, I am in China.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:10:04 AM

Is the server went down, because I had difficulty to open the website, I am in China.

I have heard of no other complaints.
Possibly a network problem over there?

-Ukyo
redphlegm

Activity: 246

My spoon is too big!

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 09:39:46 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 11:22:06 PM by redphlegm

I haven't read through 8 pages but some sort of logically-defined asks / bids would be nice. Say we've been stable for a while now and I have both FundX and some BTC ... this is just an example but something to the effect of:
If FundX price-rises X%, sell Y shares; set new_high_price
then
If price-falls to (new_high_price - A%), buy B shares (or spend BTC amount)

So for example some logic in there that says sell if the price goes up 20% from your defined starting point and only buy back if that level is reached and do it 10% lower than that (or whatever you want your numbers to be).

This would allow normal people (non-bots) to implement some of the same logic they may use on a daily basis without having to be manually performed.

I'm probably not explaining this very well but hopefully it makes some sense...

Whiskey Fund: (BTC) 1whiSKeYMRevsJMAQwU8NY1YhvPPMjTbM | (Ψ) ALcoHoLsKUfdmGfHVXEShtqrEkasihVyqW
pheaonix

Activity: 392

http://casinobitco.in/ A+ customer support

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:20:13 PM

3 confirmations only required for weex.

this hinders a lot of growth and arbitrage, and is part of the reason why activemining isn't growing as fast as it should.

for large transactions, 6 confirms is fine, but for normal every day transactions i think 3 confirms is the norm. maybe have it scale depending on the transaction size?

thanks ukyo, as an investor i hope you understand my point of view. i want whats best for all of us!

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:51:32 AM

3 confirmations only required for weex.

this hinders a lot of growth and arbitrage, and is part of the reason why activemining isn't growing as fast as it should.

for large transactions, 6 confirms is fine, but for normal every day transactions i think 3 confirms is the norm. maybe have it scale depending on the transaction size?

thanks ukyo, as an investor i hope you understand my point of view. i want whats best for all of us!

Hey there,

Decreasing confirms for smaller amounts is being considered.

Thanks,
Ukyo
hasher87

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 01:52:43 AM

I was hoping to see an email notification features, that everytime i managed to buy/sell shares via market order, i would received an email about Smiley
Tulkas

Activity: 352

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 02:23:14 AM

API keys with trading and account transfer capabilities would be nice.

Our BTCT.co integration works very well and we have several loans per week that have BTCT.co assets as collateral.

In fact none of the secured loans have ever defaulted (in the case you are worried about mass selling efects).

BTCJAM - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending
https://btcjam.com
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:36:09 AM

I was hoping to see an email notification features, that everytime i managed to buy/sell shares via market order, i would received an email about Smiley

I am hoping to start the beta for the notifications center soon. Smiley

Our BTCT.co integration works very well and we have several loans per week that have BTCT.co assets as collateral.

In fact none of the secured loans have ever defaulted (in the case you are worried about mass selling efects).

API Key's are coming along. A bunch of API urls have been released to the beta users.
pascal257

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:17:19 AM

API Key's are coming along. A bunch of API urls have been released to the beta users.
Don't get me wrong, I understand that creating the API is a time intensive process, but you said the same thing a couple weeks if not months ago.

Please be honest, what's the current progress (maybe as percentage estimation) and how long do you honestly think it will take until the API is available for the general public.

You may also want to clarify what qualifies someone to become a beta tester.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:43:19 AM

For the general public, depends on time.
Lot's of people like to create problems that take up time lately.
While I have started adding support staff, I am still needing programming and administrative help. (Which I am also spending time trying to solve.)

I am hoping api get's into the public's hands 'soon'.
Pretty much all api calls are passive(read only) at the moment.

A number of people already have access to these such as Namworld and Franktank.

-Ukyo

Namworld

Activity: 745

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 05:33:21 AM

The API (portfolio/balance read only) is fully functional as well as some other components. Interface coming together. I suppose there's only a few things left to do to give the public access to keys, at least for reading your portfolio, even if making trading bots won't be possible for a while more.
hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 08:03:49 AM

Hi Ukyo,
Is there any plan for BF to issue some kind of stock exchange shares to boost trade volumes?
796.com give free shares to traders inside the website to boost volumes, which is quite effective I have to say. Last week, they settle 10420.9BTC worth of futures alone.
Just a thought.
Cheers

thegoldbug

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 04:10:49 AM

I would like to know (read some text somewhere) on how to set up 2 Factor verification.

I know nothing about 2 Factor, I don't have or use Gmail.

Where can I find directions ?  The BitFunder website has nothing and just assumes everyone knows what to do.

thanks

thegoldbug
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:35:12 AM

Hi there,

We are working on putting a proper guide together.
What you would need to do is download 'Google Authenticator' if you have an Android phone and simply scan the QR code.
If you are using iPhone or Windows phone you will need one of the other apps for that.

Once you scan in the QR code, enter the 6 digit code into the settings page to confirm enabling it.
From then on, when you log in the site will require you to enter the 6 digit code generated by the app.

Hope this helps,
Ukyo

I would like to know (read some text somewhere) on how to set up 2 Factor verification.

I know nothing about 2 Factor, I don't have or use Gmail.

Where can I find directions ?  The BitFunder website has nothing and just assumes everyone knows what to do.

thanks

thegoldbug
Dropthebass

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:53:44 AM

And if you cannot scan the QR code because you don't have any smarphone, how do you activate it ?
Namworld

Activity: 745

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:00:39 AM

And if you cannot scan the QR code because you don't have any smarphone, how do you activate it ?

Then you don't have an android phone/smartphone and don't get to install the app at all. It requires a smartphone.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 08:39:18 AM

There is always the option of using a desktop based google authenticator even if it does kinda beat the point of it.

Also, if you can't scan the QR code, the key that you are supposed to write down that is directly below the QR can generally be manually entered.

-Ukyo
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 11:41:20 AM

I think this was already mentioned but candlestick charts are essential if you want to attract more serious investors, they are standard in the real world securities industry.
ouankou

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:08:33 AM

Hello! Ukyo, I got a problem here. I enable the Google 2-factor verification and forget to disable it temporarily when I change the phone. Now I cannot log in BitFunder anymore and according to the website help I should contact with you via IRC channel. But I've been there for three days with the password reset code and didn't meet you there. So I hope you could tell me how to solve the problem. Any help will be highly appreciated!
fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 11:59:31 AM

Hello! Ukyo, I got a problem here. I enable the Google 2-factor verification and forget to disable it temporarily when I change the phone. Now I cannot log in BitFunder anymore and according to the website help I should contact with you via IRC channel. But I've been there for three days with the password reset code and didn't meet you there. So I hope you could tell me how to solve the problem. Any help will be highly appreciated!

You should always save encrypted the secret code or QR code used to generate the 2FA in case you lost your phone or wherever you hold the 2FA.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: