Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:34:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox: Upgraded me to Trusted in less than 24 hours!  (Read 1890 times)
misterbigg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:52:58 PM

I got the Apostille notarization completed and sent the documentation out on Tuesday. MtGox received the paperwork on Thursday and I was approved overnight. It's Friday and I have achieved "Trusted" status.

It was fast and painless.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1560

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:39:24 PM

Mt. Gox is unusable for me because they don't accept bank statements as proof of address.
threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 04:55:14 PM

Mt. Gox is unusable for me because they don't accept bank statements as proof of address.

MtDox more like it.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:02:29 PM

I got the Apostille notarization completed and sent the documentation out on Tuesday. MtGox received the paperwork on Thursday and I was approved overnight. It's Friday and I have achieved "Trusted" status.

Congratulations. Me jealous  Wink
Albeit... in light of recent delays, would you mind letting us know if you manage to take the fiat out?  Grin

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:03:33 PM

I sent mine out last week but haven't heard anything yet.  Still holding out for a few days before I open a support ticket to see what happened.
TimJBenham

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:07:17 PM

This the first positive news I have heard about MtGox in,... a long time. At least one aspect of the operations is efficient. Pity about all the others.

Was the Apostille expensive?

You are a warlord in the outskirts of the known world struggling to establish a kingdom in the wild lands.
misterbigg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:48:04 PM

in light of  recent delays, would you mind letting us know if you manage to take the fiat out?  Grin

I was already "verified." About two weeks I started wiring the maximum daily amount ($10,000). The wires appeared in my bank account within 48 hours. I reached the monthly limit ($50,000) and that's when I finally committed to becoming "trusted."

It was $300 for two documents. Since the Hollywood / Movie Studio industry is here in Los Angeles and they frequently need to send authorized documents overseas, there are a number of Apostille services that will make house calls. Here's how it works:

1. The notary comes to your house on an appointment
2. They first perform a traditional notarization (this is required to obtain the Apostille).
3. Then they take those documents and head to a government office, the county clerk I believe, and wait in line and get the stamp.
4. They take the documents back to your house. You look it over and then you pay them.
5. Now you send the documents to MtGox
epetroel

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:19:49 PM

in light of  recent delays, would you mind letting us know if you manage to take the fiat out?  Grin

I was already "verified." About two weeks I started wiring the maximum daily amount ($10,000). The wires appeared in my bank account within 48 hours. I reached the monthly limit ($50,000) and that's when I finally committed to becoming "trusted."

It was $300 for two documents. Since the Hollywood / Movie Studio industry is here in Los Angeles and they frequently need to send authorized documents overseas, there are a number of Apostille services that will make house calls. Here's how it works:

1. The notary comes to your house on an appointment
2. They first perform a traditional notarization (this is required to obtain the Apostille).
3. Then they take those documents and head to a government office, the county clerk I believe, and wait in line and get the stamp.
4. They take the documents back to your house. You look it over and then you pay them.
5. Now you send the documents to MtGox

Holy crap.  Are you serious?  I paid a grand total of $4 for mine.  Trip to my bank for the notorization (free) then to the secretary of state's office for the Apostille ($2/page)
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:23:28 PM

Holy crap.  Are you serious?  I paid a grand total of $4 for mine.  Trip to my bank for the notorization (free) then to the secretary of state's office for the Apostille ($2/page)

LOL OP got ripped off.

I guess he got charged for the home service.
epetroel

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:32:16 PM

Holy crap.  Are you serious?  I paid a grand total of $4 for mine.  Trip to my bank for the notorization (free) then to the secretary of state's office for the Apostille ($2/page)

LOL OP got ripped off.

Maybe, although his was approved in 24 hours, and I've been waiting a week and mine hasn't been approved yet, so who knows.
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:44:19 PM

Maybe, although his was approved in 24 hours, and I've been waiting a week and mine hasn't been approved yet, so who knows.

Well he got lucky with gox. Paying somebody more than he should have for apostille service didn't endear him to Gox.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:09:41 AM

Sorry to interrupt but what is "apostille?" Never heard the term before...

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
andrewsg

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:35:36 PM

A certification of authenticity for documents that is valid internationally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostille_Convention

Also, I'm far from a Gox fan, but one of the things they have gotten right (for me) is wire transfers (last time around it took about 16 hours in and 48 hours out).

Bitcoin can be bad for your chi. Improve yours and mine by sending BTC to: 1N1zRYSwKQbZ8Kx1bKvTskrjGMNynVFEr1
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:50:25 PM

Also, I'm far from a Gox fan, but one of the things they have gotten right (for me) is wire transfers (last time around it took about 16 hours in and 48 hours out).

Ah, thanks! That's a new term for me. I didn't even know there were ways to verify documents internationally!

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:07:38 PM

No that is not correct. No one is going to take responsibility for the authenticity of some random person's random documents:

In February 2009 the Hague Conference decided to amend the wording on the Apostille to make it clear that no one was checking whether the document being attested was genuine or a fake. The new wording to be used was as follows. "This Apostille only certifies the signature, the capacity of the signer and the seal or stamp it bears. It does not certify the content of the document for which it was issued."[12]

Apostile or notary they are all the same. Just stamps that someone puts on your dox for a few dollars or less.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:15:28 PM

LOL OP got ripped off.

Well, if he's trading for over 50k a month, I would assume 300$ is pocket change for him.

You realize some people actually loose money when they spend 2 hours in traffic + waiting line rather than paying 300$ for someone else to do it for them ?

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:18:37 PM

LOL OP got ripped off.

Well, if he's trading for over 50k a month, I would assume 300$ is pocket change for him.

You realize some people actually loose money when they spend 2 hours in traffic + waiting line rather than paying 300$ for someone else to do it for them ?

Trading 50k a month doesn't mean he is making 50k a month. That is just the principal amount. Anyway the OP took the time to post here so he must have time to spare.
bigdude

Activity: 896

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:30:13 AM

The interesting question, is how to get an Apostille in a country that is not signed up to the Apostille Convention?

epetroel

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:18:11 PM

LOL OP got ripped off.

... and I now have trusted status (after some mix up with Gox "locating my account").  So guess my $4 apostille was good after all Smiley
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:25:54 PM

Too much loose money obviously.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: