Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:45:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another hard fork coming in October. New Bitcoin name is "Bitcoin Gold"  (Read 5657 times)
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:38:48 AM

Another hard fork seems to come soon. The new bitcoin will be named "Bitcoin Gold". How would you think about this?

Bitcoin Gold will be successful as like Bitcoin Cash?

Bitcoin price will go higher before and after the new hard fork?

https://www.coindesk.com/first-cash-now-gold-another-bitcoin-hard-fork-way/

is it true bitcoin will split into two more? because it is hardfork october this?
hopefully the price can skyrocket: D
it's true, people who hold bitcoin before a snapshot taken from the bitcoin blockchain will probably receive bitcoin gold in 1:1 ration since the supply is as the same as bitcoin.
its also one of many factors why bitcoin price right now pumps a lot.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GazorpPozorpec

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:51:29 AM

Another hard fork seems to come soon. The new bitcoin will be named "Bitcoin Gold". How would you think about this?

is it true bitcoin will split into two more? because it is hardfork october this?
hopefully the price can skyrocket: D
it's true, people who hold bitcoin before a snapshot taken from the bitcoin blockchain will probably receive bitcoin gold in 1:1 ration since the supply is as the same as bitcoin.
its also one of many factors why bitcoin price right now pumps a lot.
Yes, unfortunately it is this and only this pushes the price up. I think after the hard fork bitcoin price fall again because people will no longer need to hold bitcoin.

╔◎      TwitterBounty ┃   [WHITEPAPER]MediumFacebook      ◎╗
╠══════════◎════◎════◎    LeadRex    ◎════◎════◎═══════════╣
╚◎       RedditTelegram[ANN Thread]YoutubeLinkedin       ◎╝
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:55:11 AM

There are already many SHA256 coins and bitcoin forks. I don't think this new forked coin would attract the interest of any miners. Though initially some may jump for low difficulty.
LordDisick

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:47:18 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2017, 01:53:25 PM by LordDisick

Oh well, as we can see bitcoin price is flying to the moon because everyone wants to hold bitcoin before the hard fork happens and get a free money (bitcoin gold) just like what happened with bitcoin cash. I'll expect that after this bull run people will migrate again to altcoins and we can see the market green again.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:03:26 PM

I cannot see why we would want another fork, if Bitcoin Cash already showed that the support for it is weak/average.. This

is just another way for people to receive free coins for zero effort. A lot of people will now buy bitcoins, just to receive those

free coins, when it happens. In the end, those coins will be sold for Bitcoin again. { that is to say, if it follows the same route

as Bitcoin Cash }  Roll Eyes Huh
I think you are right, I will buy to the currency before the fork, and then wait for split ends after selling, get more legal tender, and BTC cash also have shown that it is not how, people will buy the currency instead of the BTC cash! This is just one way for most people to earn extra income, and for investors who regularly invest in bitcoins, this is another windfall from BTC cash.

True another cycle for free coin or cash.
This is just another big mistake and dont know how do they allow in the first place and everything started with bitcoin cash, now gold. Next would be platinum or eternity or something like this. For how long will this be, well until someone is say this is enough now. But if there free coins to receive everybody will love this.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Odora

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:39:00 PM

I think Bitcoin gold was created to suppress the increasingly unstoppable price of BITCOIN,
we know if the Bitcoin price keeps increasing up to 10% in this month alone,
so do not panic when hardfork happens..
QlooQl

Activity: 322
Merit: 122

Hello World!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:49:18 PM

So what exchanges are going to trade and give you bitcoin gold? It needs support. I mean we haven't even seen coinbase give out its bitcoincash yet have we? Now we have another hard fork?

I think the number of exchanges announcing they will support it from the start is a good way to determine the anticipated value of the coin, but I don't see any at all right now. Am I missing something?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:33:01 PM

So what exchanges are going to trade and give you bitcoin gold? It needs support. I mean we haven't even seen coinbase give out its bitcoincash yet have we? Now we have another hard fork?

I think the number of exchanges announcing they will support it from the start is a good way to determine the anticipated value of the coin, but I don't see any at all right now. Am I missing something?

Nope.

Here is the official website for Bitcoin Gold: http://btcgpu.org/

A lot of would-be BTG dumpers are going to be disappointed.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:57:12 PM

how many fork there will be? another marketing operation with no really value
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:19:51 AM

How long after the fork can I sell my BTC and still receice Bitcoin Gold eventually?
1 block? 1 second 1 minute? 1 hour?
And will BTC be available for trading on exchanges immediately after the fork or it will be some time period (maybe minutes) in which you can't trade BTC?

In case there is a sell-off just after the fork, I want to be amongst the first ones to sell and get ahead of the market.
(I have a few hundred $ in BTC, so no fud here.)
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:11:49 AM

It would probably be the same as bitcoin cash. I'm not really too excited about it though so i'm just one of the people waiting on the sidelines for this hardfork to pass

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
arisen725

Activity: 87
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:42:25 AM

It looks like some people are expecting the same price action to happen as when Bitcoin Cash forked. I think the market never does exactly the same thing twice, so we may see very different price action this time, perhaps even negative and catching people unaware.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:49:52 AM

It looks like some people are expecting the same price action to happen as when Bitcoin Cash forked. I think the market never does exactly the same thing twice, so we may see very different price action this time, perhaps even negative and catching people unaware.

Yeah, people just look to the last similar situation and assume the same results with no regard for market cycles or other fundamental factors. Last time around, I don't think Bitcoin Cash had much effect on the market. The BIP91 signalling and lock-in ended market uncertainty around the potential BIP148/UASF chain split, and the market rallied accordingly. Bitcoin Cash just rode the coattails of that rally.

So in that sense, I don't think Bitcoin Cash serves as precedent at all. It could go either way. All I know is that Bitcoin Gold doesn't have nearly the support from big companies/personalities that Bitcoin Cash had (Bitmain, Bitpay, Roger Ver, John McAfee). And they also don't have a working wallet yet, nor have exchanges said a word about it. So I suspect Bitcoin Gold will be much, much smaller than BCH.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:56:54 AM

Yeah, people just look to the last similar situation and assume the same results with no regard for market cycles or other fundamental factors. Last time around, I don't think Bitcoin Cash had much effect on the market. The BIP91 signalling and lock-in ended market uncertainty around the potential BIP148/UASF chain split, and the market rallied accordingly. Bitcoin Cash just rode the coattails of that rally.

So in that sense, I don't think Bitcoin Cash serves as precedent at all. It could go either way. All I know is that Bitcoin Gold doesn't have nearly the support from big companies/personalities that Bitcoin Cash had (Bitmain, Bitpay, Roger Ver, John McAfee). And they also don't have a working wallet yet, nor have exchanges said a word about it. So I suspect Bitcoin Gold will be much, much smaller than BCH.

Support this. Also would like to add that I personally dont expect nothing from this and think it will be scam in the end. For BCH we had good preparation but for this I dont see anything except the word bitcoin gold. No big news just some rumor, with this i suspect that it will end up like big scam and many will lose coins if they invest in this.

Many rush to buy bitcoin cuz they expecting to see same free coins like with bitcoin cash but dont think it will happen any time soon or will happen at all.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

nomenclatur

Activity: 1344
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 10:51:27 AM

Support this. Also would like to add that I personally dont expect nothing from this and think it will be scam in the end. For BCH we had good preparation but for this I dont see anything except the word bitcoin gold. No big news just some rumor, with this i suspect that it will end up like big scam and many will lose coins if they invest in this.

Many rush to buy bitcoin cuz they expecting to see same free coins like with bitcoin cash but dont think it will happen any time soon or will happen at all.

who does not want to get a free snapshot without buying Bitcoingold? Many people buy bitcoin because of that, do not be too complicated to predict the coin will be better and stable than anything, because the volume that he got in the first month will prove a worthy and very profitable price portion. Support can not be done before seeing the birth first.

█▀▄        ▄▀█
      █ ▄▄▀▄    ▄▀▄▄ █
     █ █  █ ▀▄▄▀ █  █ █
    █ █ █▌ █▄▄▄▄█ ▐█ █ █
   █ █ █ ▐▙▄   ▄▟▌ █ █ █
  █ █ █  ▄ ▀▀  ▀▀ ▄  █ █ █
 █ █ █ █▀▀▀▄▄▐▌▄▄▀▀▀█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █     ▄▀▀▄     █ █ █ █
 █ █ █ █    ▀▄▄▄    █ █ █ █
  █ █ █ █   ▄   █  █ █ █ █
   █ █ █ █   ▀█▀  █ █ █ █
    █ █ █ █      █ █ █ █
     █ █ █        █ █ █
      █ █ █      █ █ █
       █ █        █ █
        █ █      █ █
         █        █
E S C R O W
P R O T O C O L
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
GLOBAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT PLATFORM 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▎
   ▐▌
   ██
   ██

██
   ██
   ██
  ████
▄██████▄
█████
 ▀▀██▀▀
  ████
 ██████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram 
Facebook  ⚒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  █▒▒▒ █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
     ▀▀ █▒▒██████▒▒▒▒█
        █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
     █▒▒███████▒▒▒█
  █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ █
█▒▒▒▒████████████
█▒▒▒▀▒▒ ▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▀▄
   █▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  █
     ███████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Youtube
⚒  Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀
Jamjam nitsuga

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:10:30 PM

when in october launch Bitcoin Gold were so excited about this...  Grin Grin Grin
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:09:42 PM

who does not want to get a free snapshot without buying Bitcoingold? Many people buy bitcoin because of that, do not be too complicated to predict the coin will be better and stable than anything, because the volume that he got in the first month will prove a worthy and very profitable price portion. Support can not be done before seeing the birth first.

What you said is right , everyone wants the free bitcoins and about the acceptance , their are some exchanges like yobit , who have given information of accepting the Bitcoin Gold and they are ready to support it.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:32:40 PM

Well, what do you know - the website is actually a website instead of a blank page now: http://btcgpu.org/.  And they list HitBTC, Bitstar and Yobit (exchanges), so maybe there will be a way to sell your BTG after all. I guess maybe this thing is real after all (I was having my doubts).

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:45:57 PM

I have some BTC in a Trezor for long term storage and some on Bittrex to trade with. Should I leave my BTC on Bittrex during the fork? Or would it be safer to transfer it to the Trezor in order to claim the BTC Gold?

Thanks!

NABiT

Activity: 321
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:54:58 PM

I have some BTC in a Trezor for long term storage and some on Bittrex to trade with. Should I leave my BTC on Bittrex during the fork? Or would it be safer to transfer it to the Trezor in order to claim the BTC Gold?

Thanks!

If you leave them on Bittrex then you are at the mercy of their eventual decision…

This is a good video on “Bitcoin Hard Forks - What To Do” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn5ZNwPWhEc

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: