Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:07:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can the volume of coins be increased?  (Read 1021 times)
Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:20:42 AM

I dont think it needs to be "increased". Bitcoin is infinitely divisible. If the need arises, then it will just be divided to smaller units.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AmXProX

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:29:54 AM

I heard that many people lose their coins and the current volume of BTC is not current at all)
How do you think will Satoshi add some in future?
It could be that only a few owners can take it back with the various conditions set by the authorities. So we must be able to run well so that the possibility of missing coins previously can be returned in accordance with the previous amount because bitcoin often experience a fairly rapid price change.

It is one of the reason why bitcoin is worth something because of the determined number of coins that will be available in the market after everything is mined. What is the use of having additional coins in circulation? If coins can easily be added in the circulation then bitcoin will just be like the dollar that you have in your zinga poker account.

Betnomi300%█████████████████████   ████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

████   ████
UP
TO
20%█████████████████████   ████   ██
WEEKLY
CASHBACK

████   ████
100%█████████████████████   ████   ██
RAKEBACK

████   ████
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Play now!
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
creative-raju33

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:53:58 AM

Volume of coin can be increased in many system. And the volume increased process is not any type of synchronous process.It is a randomly increase.
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:01:27 AM

The total supply of bitcoin is 21 Million, and i think that no more volume can be added.
Is a predetermined volume and can not be increased
b_parin

Activity: 129

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:09:18 AM

I heard that many people lose their coins and the current volume of BTC is not current at all)

In case they increase the volume of bitcoin, then the price of bitcoin will become cheap.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:34:03 AM

Volume of coin can be increased in many system. And the volume increased process is not any type of synchronous process.It is a randomly increase.
Volume is the total amount of Bitcoin being traded/exchanged, of course it can be altered, hence the term 24h/Volume on Coinmarketcap for instance. OP means the max supply, however he is using the wrong term, max supply is the correct one.

The max supply of Bitcoin is 21 million coins, it was created  with that "term", thus, it can't be altered.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
MisterPrada

Activity: 179
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:59:29 PM

The quantity of BTK is limited as one of the factors making it valuable. Oil would have been cheap if it were very large and easy to mine.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:48:25 PM

For the original bitcoin, increasing the maximum possible amount of its production will have a negative impact on its cost. However, in time there will be a lot of breakaway coins from him, and their number can not be limited.
Saifher

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:55:30 PM

What drives bitcoins price is the scarcity of the coin. If the dev team simply starts minting new coins (above the 21kk cap), then it'll be no different than the USD dollar itself (that crypto is battling so hard against).

Alfredjohn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:23:58 AM

The value of coin will increase it depends on the supplier.
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:46:17 AM

The circulating supply of Bitcoin can be increased. This can happen as more people spend their coins, and as more coins are mined. However the overall amount of coins that will be created cannot be increased as its capped at 21 million. This is how Bitcoin was created and won't change.

I agree with Ch1bi. We will be able to collect, spend, and retrieve coins but one thing we should remember is that it has a limited supply. The only thing that is increasing may be the number of people who uses it or there is an escalation on the people who mines it; basically the demand for it will increase but the amount of Bitcoin we have is definitely finite (as Ch1bi mentioned, there are only 21 million Bitcoins that is produced and is in circulation). Despite Bitcoins numbering into millions in amount, the demand for it has constantly increase making its value greater. In a nutshell, the volume of coins can be increased but this will degrade its value. So in order to preserve its worth, it's better to maintain its original volume.
monir34

Activity: 93

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:14:18 PM

I don't think so Bitcoin volume will increase. Because there is max. Supply of Bitcoin 21 million. That's why Bitcoin price is high. Because only limited coin is circulating. If more coin supply then Bitcoin price will be cheap . So in future Bitcoin will not add more coin I believe that.
windsee

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:44:26 PM

In certain extent, it has been increased because of the previous forking, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold.

It is kind of like stock splitting / spin off in the traditional stock market now.
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:48:48 PM

In certain extent, it has been increased because of the previous forking, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold.

It is kind of like stock splitting / spin off in the traditional stock market now.

That is not the increasing of bitcoin bro. Since the Segregated witness take effect on bitcoin, after that block size will be increased and henceforth bitcoin transaction would be much faster than before and the confirmation limit will increase.
Now you guys find few days before since the miners moves to BCH you may find the network delay notification on that but bitcoin transaction still faster all the wallet by going with the default fees.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:51:50 PM

Technically its impossible to add up more bitcoins to the core network the supply limit of the whole blockchain is only 21 Million which cannot be increased in any way. But yes this is the analysis of the bitcoin core. if you talk about the other forks they can surely increase the supply of bitcoins.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:55:59 PM

Bitcoin has finite number and it cannot be grown already. One reason why bitcoin price keeps on growing is because it's supply is becoming more and more limited.  Bitcoon will not be bitcoin if the volume can be easily multiplied. Having definite number or volume is a good thing, and I think It would be also enough to have its current volume. Time will come that bitcoin miners will be having a hard time.mining it simple because its supply is becoming smaller and limited.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:02:00 PM

No Satoshi Nakamoto can not add the numbers of bitcoin, bitcoin is just 21.000.000 maximal supply
it has made bitcoin's price is more expensive and bitcoin be made for deflation,
all of the community of bitcoin especially the people who understand about the programming language
 can see the source of code bitcoin, so they can participate on control of the bitcoin.
redcucumber

Activity: 153
Merit: 14

SOLARIS COIN

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:34:36 PM

bitcoin right now is limited that's why its price is surging like crazy supply and demand law does applies, adding? maybe when bitcoin halving occurs it may happen but that is only a possibility cause it depends on what would the miners are gonna decide

Zekemporium

Activity: 64

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:18:41 PM

I think it is must to increase number or release new BTC, as only 21 millions bitcoins can miners can mine.
hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:29:18 AM

Bitcoin has its own value due to it supply as it is just 21 million in the word and it cannot be increased. I think if the total number of bitcoins are increased than it will affect the price of bitcoin and will disturb the flow too I think so it’s not a good idea for now.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: