Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:22:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In which Mem trolls Kano and kano predictably bursts into flames  (Read 4996 times)
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 02:45:37 AM

Agreed he is helping with the cgminer, a much better programmed / software than others. What's wrong with awarding him a miner? by doing so he will take the initiative to look after problems and what not and trouble shoot them, and he is also into updating the software as when needed. 

+1

And if he is not given one to work with, why the hell should he make software work with it?   Unless he is paid, he has no responsibility to do it.  Plus, it is MUCH HARDER to program for something you do not have. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:44:39 AM

Quote from: kano
Yes you have so far avoided breaking the license by not even releasing the code coz apparently no one has rightfully requested it

So which one of their customers requested the source code?

It sounds like you admit they were not in violation of the GPLv3

Or why don't you quote the explicit, legal, text of the GPL that they supposedly violated

No, not "the spirit".  The literal text.  There's a world of difference between "violating a license" and "doing something I don't like"
So ... where did I say they violated the license?

One of my points was that they advertised on their site since the beginning of the year, promoting it being OpenSource.
Yet when they released the Avalon, they hid the modified cgminer source code for a month.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 01:31:02 AM

Quote from: kano
Yes you have so far avoided breaking the license by not even releasing the code coz apparently no one has rightfully requested it

So which one of their customers requested the source code?

It sounds like you admit they were not in violation of the GPLv3

Or why don't you quote the explicit, legal, text of the GPL that they supposedly violated

No, not "the spirit".  The literal text.  There's a world of difference between "violating a license" and "doing something I don't like"
So ... where did I say they violated the license?

One of my points was that they advertised on their site since the beginning of the year, promoting it being OpenSource.
Yet when they released the Avalon, they hid the modified cgminer source code for a month.

after having *attempted* working with them and con developing I doubt they actually intentionally hid it. I don't think they had access to it. I'm not quite sure how much communication occurs inside team avalon, but it must not be much or very effective.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 02:31:12 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 04:52:04 AM by Bicknellski

As long as he helps out and contributes like everyone else... then he deserves to be rewarded.

Regardless of his dickish behavior, he has helped and saved miners a lot of effort and heart ache. As a community we should reward that alone. His behavior means nothing given the results. Simply ignore that aspect and give the guy some bitcoin for his contribution. He seems to have jumped in every build and that to me is great because I want things to work and that is really all that matters in the long run. Unlike some who promise and do jack all Kano does provide support to the community. He deserves something for those efforts as do many others that don't bother to toot their own horns and fly low under the radar. If you want to critique him then do it based on what he doesn't provide not on his behavior. Huge difference between being a dick and not delivering shit and being a dick and helping out. Best option ignore em when he is a dick and reward em for what he does something good for you and the community. You don't have to provide him a miner... you can simply burn in your units and allocate some of that to him for his contribution.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
mem (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:40:09 AM

As a linux user & admin of ~14 years I think its revolting to see someone so rude and entitled come out of the OSS camp.

I doubt the 14 years claim. You obviously have not interacted with anyone else in the OSS camp Smiley

LOL, doubt away - my resume is public record.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: