Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:59:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling 1 AAPL Share  (Read 1947 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
danieldaniel (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:20:19 PM

I want to make history by selling one REAL SHARE OF STOCK for Bitcoins!

Basically, here's how it'll work:
I have the share in DRS form with ComputerShare (Apple's transfer agent).  In order to transfer that share, I would need (at the minimum) your name and address.  To make the process faster, I would also need your SSN (or other Tax ID).  However, if you're not comfortable giving that to me, you can also be sent a form through the mail (by ComputerShare) and give them your tax ID that way. 

This is not a pass-through with some shady Bitcoin stock exchange.  This is a real share of Apple stock! 

I would want to sell this share for at least market price (at the time of sale) plus $5/1% (whichever is more at time of sale).

You will have to pay with Bitcoins or a wire transfer.  Those are the only two options.  No, I will not accept PayPal.  No, I will not accept ACH.  Stock transfers are irreversible, so I cannot accept any remotely chargeback-able payment methods.

Please PM me, post here, or message me on IRC (danieldaniel) if you're interested! 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davos

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 07:48:57 PM

I have the share in DRS form with ComputerShare (Apple's transfer agent).  In order to transfer that share, I would need (at the minimum) your name and address.  To make the process faster, I would also need your SSN (or other Tax ID).  However, if you're not comfortable giving that to me, you can also be sent a form through the mail (by ComputerShare) and give them your tax ID that way. 

This is not a pass-through with some shady Bitcoin stock exchange.  This is a real share of Apple stock! 

I would want to sell this share for at least market price (at the time of sale) plus $5/1% (whichever is more at time of sale).

You will have to pay with Bitcoins or a wire transfer.  Those are the only two options.  No, I will not accept PayPal.  No, I will not accept ACH.  Stock transfers are irreversible, so I cannot accept any remotely chargeback-able payment methods.

Please PM me, post here, or message me on IRC (danieldaniel) if you're interested! 

History is always fun. I'll offer 101% of whatever the market closing price today (5/31/2013) is. We will likewise use the first BTCUSD transaction to print from MTGOX on or after 21:00:00 UTC today.

danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:52:10 PM

History is always fun. I'll offer 101% of whatever the market closing price today (5/31/2013) is. We will likewise use the first BTCUSD transaction to print from MTGOX on or after 21:00:00 UTC today.
Alright!  I would require escrow with John K (you send BTC to him, I initiate transfer, once I give you proof of transfer he releases).  I'll PM him now.

davos

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 07:53:28 PM

Alright!  I would require escrow with John K (you send BTC to him, I initiate transfer, once I give you proof of transfer he releases).  I'll PM him now.

*handshake*

danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:56:57 PM

*handshake*
Great!  I just PM'd John.  Once he responds with the contract in this thread, you can go ahead and send the BTC to him (and your information to me).  I will then initiate the transfer and provide proof.

davos

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 08:12:21 PM

BTC Price seen @ 21:00:48 UTC (16:00:48 EST): $127.89
AAPL Price seen @ 5/31/2013 Market CLOSE: $449.68

(1.01*449.68)/127.89 = BTC3.55130815

Clark Moody Screencap (full res linked)

danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:13:42 PM

BTC Price seen @ 21:00:48 UTC (16:00:48 EST): $127.89
AAPL Price seen @ 5/31/2013 Market CLOSE: $449.68

(1.01*449.68)/127.89 = BTC3.55130815

Clark Moody Screencap (full res linked)

Sounds good!  We'll wait for John to respond with the escrow details.

davos

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 08:16:40 PM

Great.  Grin

(I'm actually at work at the moment and am walking out the door shortly. I'll follow up when I get home a little later.)

danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:46:57 PM

Great.  Grin

(I'm actually at work at the moment and am walking out the door shortly. I'll follow up when I get home a little later.)
Hmm... If you want, we can skip escrow and you can send to me first.  It'd let me do the transfer today, whereas if we wait for John, I won't be able to do it until tomorrow.

Your choice.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:31:55 AM

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=kKctMt56

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

The escrow address for danieldaniel(the seller) and davos's(the buyer) transaction would be:

14woNCSD8MGmobk5np8BPATDANyamGGyGW

Please state and agree to the conditions (if item is received damaged, item lost with tracking, customs fee etc) beforehand.

If possible, GPG sign your agreement to prevent any discrepancies later on and please ship with tracking to prevent problems during delivery. GPG signing is not a requirement, and any verbal exchange in the form of private messages or posts on bitcointalk.org, or email is effective as a statement of condition.

The fine print:
This Contract is solely generated for the purpose of facilitating the transaction between the seller and the buyer, which refers to the pseudonyms used on bitcointalk.org.
The escrow holder, John, assumes and gives no liability or guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although he agrees to mediate and facilitate the deal to the fullest extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arises, he will release the escrow to whichever party that presents him with the most convincing proof and/or after an open discussion with others or theymos. 
The verbal acceptance by both parties (or the failure to reject) and the sending of Bitcoins to the escrow address above constitutes the acceptance of the terms and conditions stated, and the activation of this Contract.

Please understand that I am assuming the risk of holding the escrowed Bitcoins, and I am using my own time to facilitate this transaction.   
I am imposing a fixed and nonrefundable fee of 1.5% for this transaction, pre-paid to 1NB1KFnFqnP3WSDZQrWV3pfmph5fWRyadz before the start of the escrow.

Thank you.

John (the escrow holder)
31 May 2013
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (MingW32)
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=muGD
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:47:08 AM

I agree to the contract that has been posted by John K. on BitcoinTalk
(also pasted on the bottom of this contract for reference).

I also agree to the following conditions:
- -I will initiate the stock transfer as soon as John confirms that he has recieved the Bitcoins.
- -As soon as I initiate the stock transfer (which will be proven by a tracking number and a scan of the form sent), John will deliver the Bitcoins to me.
- -The condition above is because I cannot reverse the stock transfer once I have mailed that form.

Davos will pay .06 BTC to 1NB1KFnFqnP3WSDZQrWV3pfmph5fWRyadz (for the escrow fee)
and 3.491 to 14woNCSD8MGmobk5np8BPATDANyamGGyGW (for the escrowed money).

This contract is GPG signed with my #bitcoin-otc private key.

- --Contract Posted By John. K (for reference)--
- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

The escrow address for danieldaniel(the seller) and davos's(the buyer) transaction would be:

Please state and agree to the conditions (if item is received damaged, item lost with tracking, customs fee etc) beforehand.

If possible, GPG sign your agreement to prevent any discrepancies later on and please ship with tracking to prevent problems during delivery. GPG signing is not a requirement, and any verbal exchange in the form of private messages or posts on bitcointalk.org, or email is effective as a statement of condition.

The fine print:
This Contract is solely generated for the purpose of facilitating the transaction between the seller and the buyer, which refers to the pseudonyms used on bitcointalk.org.
The escrow holder, John, assumes and gives no liability or guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although he agrees to mediate and facilitate the deal to the fullest extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arises, he will release the escrow to whichever party that presents him with the most convincing proof and/or after an open discussion with others or theymos. 
The verbal acceptance by both parties (or the failure to reject) and the sending of Bitcoins to the escrow address above constitutes the acceptance of the terms and conditions stated, and the activation of this Contract.

Please understand that I am assuming the risk of holding the escrowed Bitcoins, and I am using my own time to facilitate this transaction.   
I am imposing a fixed and nonrefundable fee of 1.5% for this transaction, pre-paid to 1NB1KFnFqnP3WSDZQrWV3pfmph5fWRyadz before the start of the escrow.

Thank you.

John (the escrow holder)
31 May 2013
- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

nlKDhyOV536RQ5+SHAX/
=muGD
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.18 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
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=PSwH

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:59:22 AM

- -I will initiate the stock transfer as soon as John confirms that he has recieved the Bitcoins.
- -As soon as I initiate the stock transfer (which will be proven by a tracking number and a scan of the form sent), John will deliver the Bitcoins to me.
- -The condition above is because I cannot reverse the stock transfer once I have mailed that form.

Davos will pay .06 BTC to 1NB1KFnFqnP3WSDZQrWV3pfmph5fWRyadz (for the escrow fee)

The fine print:

Thank you.

John (the escrow holder)
31 May 2013

nlKDhyOV536RQ5+SHAX/
=muGD

tElN07uu6rjXFLIDamo6
=PSwH

PS: I thought the procedure was -

2. I initiate transfer to Davos through ComputerShare site
3. I give proof of transfer to Davos and you

Huh That said, if Davos agrees to this, I'm fine too.

Thanks,
John
danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 12:00:02 PM

I initiate through the site and then I have to mail a form (as I have to actually sign it).

davos

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 04:21:53 PM

I agree to the contract as submitted by John K. and those conditions in addendum posted and signed by danieldaniel.

- -davos

- - -I will initiate the stock transfer as soon as John confirms that he has recieved the Bitcoins.
- - -As soon as I initiate the stock transfer (which will be proven by a tracking number and a scan of the form sent), John will deliver the
Bitcoins to me.
- - -The condition above is because I cannot reverse the stock transfer once I have mailed that form.

- - --Contract Posted By John. K (for reference)--
- - -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

If possible, GPG sign your agreement to prevent any discrepancies later on and please ship with tracking to prevent problems during delivery. GPG
signing is not a requirement, and any verbal exchange in the form of private messages or posts on bitcointalk.org, or email is effective as a
statement of condition.

The fine print:
This Contract is solely generated for the purpose of facilitating the transaction between the seller and the buyer, which refers to the
pseudonyms used on bitcointalk.org.
The escrow holder, John, assumes and gives no liability or guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although he agrees to mediate
and facilitate the deal to the fullest extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arises, he will release the escrow to whichever
party that presents him with the most convincing proof and/or after an open discussion with others or theymos. 
The verbal acceptance by both parties (or the failure to reject) and the sending of Bitcoins to the escrow address above constitutes the
acceptance of the terms and conditions stated, and the activation of this Contract.

I am imposing a fixed and nonrefundable fee of 1.5% for this transaction, pre-paid to 1NB1KFnFqnP3WSDZQrWV3pfmph5fWRyadz before the start of the
escrow.

Thank you.

John (the escrow holder)
31 May 2013
- - -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

nlKDhyOV536RQ5+SHAX/
=muGD
- - -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

tElN07uu6rjXFLIDamo6
=PSwH
- - --Contract with addendum Posted By danieldaniel (for reference)--
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32)
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=nYxa

danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:27:58 PM

I agree to the contract as submitted by John K. and those conditions in addendum posted and signed by danieldaniel.

- -davos

- - -I will initiate the stock transfer as soon as John confirms that he has recieved the Bitcoins.
- - -As soon as I initiate the stock transfer (which will be proven by a tracking number and a scan of the form sent), John will deliver the
Bitcoins to me.
- - -The condition above is because I cannot reverse the stock transfer once I have mailed that form.

- - -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

If possible, GPG sign your agreement to prevent any discrepancies later on and please ship with tracking to prevent problems during delivery. GPG
signing is not a requirement, and any verbal exchange in the form of private messages or posts on bitcointalk.org, or email is effective as a
statement of condition.

The fine print:
This Contract is solely generated for the purpose of facilitating the transaction between the seller and the buyer, which refers to the
pseudonyms used on bitcointalk.org.
The escrow holder, John, assumes and gives no liability or guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although he agrees to mediate
and facilitate the deal to the fullest extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arises, he will release the escrow to whichever
party that presents him with the most convincing proof and/or after an open discussion with others or theymos. 
The verbal acceptance by both parties (or the failure to reject) and the sending of Bitcoins to the escrow address above constitutes the
acceptance of the terms and conditions stated, and the activation of this Contract.

I am imposing a fixed and nonrefundable fee of 1.5% for this transaction, pre-paid to 1NB1KFnFqnP3WSDZQrWV3pfmph5fWRyadz before the start of the
escrow.

Thank you.

John (the escrow holder)
31 May 2013
- - -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

nlKDhyOV536RQ5+SHAX/
=muGD
- - -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

tElN07uu6rjXFLIDamo6
=PSwH
- - --Contract with addendum Posted By danieldaniel (for reference)--
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32)
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=nYxa

Great!  Once you send the BTC to John, make sure to let me know your information so I can fill out the form.

davos

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 05:45:58 PM

I have, via PM, sent the txid's of the escrow fee and escrow payment to both danieldaniel and JohnK

I have also encrypted the necessary information for transfer of the shares with danieldaniel's OTC GPG Public key and sent it to him via PM - and he may confirm receipt and successful decryption here.

Fun stuff.  Grin

-davos

danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:47:04 PM

I have, via PM, sent the txid's of the escrow fee and escrow payment to both danieldaniel and JohnK

I have also encrypted the necessary information for transfer of the shares with danieldaniel's OTC GPG Public key and sent it to him via PM - and he may confirm receipt and successful decryption here.

Fun stuff.  Grin

-davos
I confirm that I have received the information and have decrypted it.  I am filling out the information now!

I agree, it is fun!

danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:48:46 PM

Also: ComputerShare said that they CAN process it online!  See http://grab.by/n7cS.

Would you want me to do that or do the mail method?  Online would be faster, but mail will give me hard proof that I sent it.

davos

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 05:57:31 PM

Also: ComputerShare said that they CAN process it online!  See http://grab.by/n7cS.

Would you want me to do that or do the mail method?  Online would be faster, but mail will give me hard proof that I sent it.

I'm fine with online if you are.

danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:04:28 PM

I confirm that the trade has been completed.  Escrow will be released now or in 7-10 days, depending on Davos's decision.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: