Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:41:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-09-26]Executives of 17 Digital Asset Exchanges In Shanghai Are Asked Not  (Read 5351 times)
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 03:26:59 AM

According to the the Internet financial Risk Rectification Work Group of Shanghai, currently 90% of the ICO projects have completed refunding procedure. Executives of 17 related exchanges are asked to stay in Shanghai to assist refunding work. Previously., the authority has asked related exchanges to issue notice and shut down trading before 30 September. Some exchanges, like BTC38, are operating until the end of October. The “ICO Ban” is devastating to Bitcoin ecosystem in China as exchanges are one of the most important link and provides much needed funding to all elements in the circle.

The “ICO Ban” is straightforward and leaves no exemptions. Bitcoiners are worried that it might render the existence of bitcoin mining farm illegal in China, which will undermine the very bedrock of the network security as 70% of the hashrate are believed to be located in China. So far there is no physical evidence that bitcoin mining would be banned in China.

Update from local media show that there are 17  exchanges based in Shanghai and executives are asked to not to leave the border of China. The 17 exchanges are:

“BTCChina, Binance, Szzc, Lhang, Etcwin,Bitequang, 51szzc, Hanbiwang,Btcb, 19800, FreeWillex,ICOAGE,91ICO,ICOrace,ICOfox,ICORaise,ICO17.”
Aside from BTCC, other exchanges mentioned above are newly emerged and somehow connected to ICO either as a ICO platform and as an exchange. Most of the exchanges have announced trading closure except Binance, which has been listing new assets on its exchange continuously after it banned visitors with Chinese IP address. There are voices in the community that the greed of ICO operators has ruined the industry and the ecosystem.  Bitcoin exchange could have survived the regulatory ban if it were not for the scammy ICOs  in the market.
Since the “ICO Ban” issued by the authority on 4 September, the “Big Three” Bitcoin exchanges announced CNY trading suspension by 15 September, the deadline given by authority. Every move of the exchanges are closely watched, OKCoin posted a weibo about the company’s new office  to clarify rumors that the exchange has fled.

OKCoin moved to new office on 22 Sep (source:weibo)

Actually, domestic exchanges are exploring living space outside mainland China. A post on 8btc forum points to some exchanges that are allegedly the descendants of some Chinese exchanges. However, such effort may be futile as established exchanges abroad provide better user experience and more liquidity.

http://news.8btc.com/executives-of-17-digital-asset-exchanges-in-shanghai-are-asked-not-to-leave-china

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:42:27 AM

Bitcoiners are worried that it might render the existence of bitcoin mining farm illegal in China,

Could someone explain to me how they could have a profitable company without cashed out fiat money, and without be able to use Bitcoin as a currency in their country?
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 07:23:12 AM

Bitcoiners are worried that it might render the existence of bitcoin mining farm illegal in China,

Could someone explain to me how they could have a profitable company without cashed out fiat money, and without be able to use Bitcoin as a currency in their country?

Check localbitcoin transaction.

vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:43:44 PM

I thought they would be banned too. So, p2p is still allowed? And what about physical coins with bitcoin like the ones that BTCC was selling, people could sell that?
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 05:28:36 AM

I thought they would be banned too. So, p2p is still allowed? And what about physical coins with bitcoin like the ones that BTCC was selling, people could sell that?

Localbitcoin is not under the control of the authority. OTC tx still viable at the moment.  The physical coins are more like collectible and could be traded.

Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:32:14 PM

There are voices in the community that the greed of ICO operators has ruined the industry and the ecosystem.  Bitcoin exchange could have survived the regulatory ban if it were not for the scammy ICOs  in the market.

Are there any Chinese exchanges who trading just Bitcoin and still have to shut down?

It reminds me of WhalePanda prediction how the ICO based Ethereum is ticking bomb to its own failure.
https://medium.com/@WhalePanda/i-was-wrong-about-ethereum-804c9a906d36
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 08:16:07 AM

There are voices in the community that the greed of ICO operators has ruined the industry and the ecosystem.  Bitcoin exchange could have survived the regulatory ban if it were not for the scammy ICOs  in the market.

Are there any Chinese exchanges who trading just Bitcoin and still have to shut down?

It reminds me of WhalePanda prediction how the ICO based Ethereum is ticking bomb to its own failure.
https://medium.com/@WhalePanda/i-was-wrong-about-ethereum-804c9a906d36
Doesn't matter if Bitcoin or ICO token or not. No cryptocurrency exchanges are allowed in China.

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:05:20 AM

Doesn't matter if Bitcoin or ICO token or not. No cryptocurrency exchanges are allowed in China.
I have been reading through various articles and conversations that the Chinese authorities are working on special licenses that only a few exchanges will be able to obtain to keep running like usual eventually.

Is that something you have any further information on? It may end up being nothing more than speculation, but at least it does make sense. It would allow the authorities to more than ever control what's happening with exchanges.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: