Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:44:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Powerball Lotto Pool 40 Million Jackpot  (Read 814 times)
LottoPool (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:10:02 PM

Cross post from newbie thread.

Longtime lurker here, looking to expand our small office powerball pool.  After the recent large jackpot, we have decided that we are going to continue a powerball pool, and if mega millions gets large, we may play that also. 

The way we run our pool is you may contribute into it by increments of 2.00.  Any winnings are split based on the total percentage of tickets that you bought.

Example:

The pool bought a total of 50 tickets (2.00 each.)  You contributed 10.00 to the pool (5 tickets).  Since your contribution was 10% of the pool, you receive 10% of the winnings on that drawing.

Powerball drawing are every Wednesday and Saturday.  Tickets will be bought the day of the drawing, and the numbers will be posted to the spreadsheet before the drawing.

Forum members may play by posting in this thread, advising how many tickets you would like to buy for the pool (Increments of 2.00 please), and may either send by btc (small winnings paid back in BTC, if a jackpot hits, would be fiat obviously), or if local to Springfield, MO, may meet if you prefer to pay in cash.

SPREADSHEET LINK (Open to all):  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia-VyJ3tzMudFVhclN2VDVtMFlRc09sUTZuSFdkVXc&usp=sharing

If you want to get in the pool, please post in this thread, and then pm me, and I will provide you an address to send your btc to, so I can make sure that your payment is properly credited.

However, please post in this thread with your address, so I can properly add you to the ledger and make sure you are paid any winnings.  If you want to be paid to an address other than the one you are sending with, it needs to be in your post.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post or PM. 
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LottoPool (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:11:00 PM

This pool closes at 8pm central time tonight.  That is in about 2 hours.
Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:58:06 AM

I feel as if you'd get more entries if you weren't charging so much for one ticket (I'm assuming they're 2.00 BTC ea?).
LottoPool (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:10:11 PM

Each powerball ticket costs 2.00 dollars.  So each entry is 2.00 USD...not 2btc.  As of now, one entry is .0162 btc
Unluckyduck

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:30:05 PM

In the very very very small offchance that you actually win big what's to stop you from just not paying? I mean if it was me i would be reluctant to split 40 million with someone i don't even know...
LottoPool (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:38:04 PM

In the very very very small offchance that you actually win big what's to stop you from just not paying? I mean if it was me i would be reluctant to split 40 million with someone i don't even know...

Good point.

This is part of an office pool, I'm just offering spots to people outside of it as well. Obviouslythe more people who join, the more tickets we get, which gives us better odds.  Yeah, its still a huge longshot, its the lotto.

If we win 40 million, you will get your shares worth.  I'm not some greedy guy that will not pay.  However, everyone says that online, so other than my word, I can't really prove it.  I do know my office mates would probably kill me. Smiley.

When you enter, I enter you on a spreadsheet with your info, so you have proof you are included.  You can use that in court.  I also will send a scan of all of our ticket numbers before the draw, so that you have that as well.

The only thing I can say is I like my life. I don't need somebody with 40 million reasons to end it. Wink
cwil

Activity: 285
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 01:39:57 PM

So I was interested in this, but my only problem is that there were never any numbers posted for yesterday's drawing.  It might help let people know that you're serious if you could scan those tickets.
LottoPool (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 01:46:15 PM

I didn't upload the numbers and tickets because no one outside of the office joined. We generally make copies of tickets at work and pass them out to each member. As people join, they will obviously be included in that procedure, by email if through here. I'm sure not everyone would like everyone else to know if they win a large sum.

I can confirm we did not win 40 million dollars last night lol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: