Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:18:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Morgan Stanley CEO is coming again!  (Read 263 times)
intrader (OP)

Activity: 659
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:16:31 AM

Morgan Stanley CEO: Bitcoin Is 'More Than Just A Fad'

The head of one of Wall Street's biggest banks believes bitcoin is "more than just a fad."

James Gorman, CEO of Morgan Stanley, made the comments during an event hosted by the Wall Street Journal today. According to Bloomberg, Gorman said that the privacy features of cryptocurrency are compelling.

He said:

"The concept of anonymous currency is a very interesting concept – interesting for the privacy protections it gives people, interesting because what it says to the central banking system about controlling that."

That said, Gorman isn't personally invested, though he did say he has encountered a number of people who have bought a stake in the market.
Sep 27, 2017
Source: https://www.coindesk.com/morgan-stanley-ceo-bitcoin-just-fad/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
intrader (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:22:02 AM

From 2014 this culprit braind always sticked with bitcoin after attack bitcoin he started to buy on dip this is his SOP
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:43:36 PM

same story same theatre. They always love speculation on what they are going to buy.
They first drop the price then buy then proft. Same old story.
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:51:20 PM

I think everyone who claims that they use their words to influence the price for their own gain is quite unrealistic. The amounts that major banks seem to invest is kind of irrelevant relative to their other investments and so the idea of them trying to influence the price so they can perform better seems quite farfetched because they really don't stand to profit that much from it.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:55:58 PM

Remember when another bank CEO talked bad about bitcoins? Then when bitcoins went down by a lot those big banks suddenly bought a shit ton of bitcoins. Now here they are trying to pump the price. They are all actually abusing their power by doing this. Well, the other problem here is that it can be seen that bitcoin prices are easily influenced.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:01:15 PM

that CEO be like" O shit the price of bitcoin is pumping again but my wallet hasn't full of bitcoin yet, time to shake the market by making nonsense statement again" back then
and now "Shit i want to sell my bitcoin, need ez money immediately"
but hell man, why so many dumb people just believing this shit, it's all planned behind the screen to influence price of the market, and people just follow it lol.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:56:55 PM

Morgan Stanley CEO: Bitcoin Is 'More Than Just A Fad'

The head of one of Wall Street's biggest banks believes bitcoin is "more than just a fad."

James Gorman, CEO of Morgan Stanley, made the comments during an event hosted by the Wall Street Journal today. According to Bloomberg, Gorman said that the privacy features of cryptocurrency are compelling.

He said:

"The concept of anonymous currency is a very interesting concept – interesting for the privacy protections it gives people, interesting because what it says to the central banking system about controlling that."

That said, Gorman isn't personally invested, though he did say he has encountered a number of people who have bought a stake in the market.
Sep 27, 2017
Source: https://www.coindesk.com/morgan-stanley-ceo-bitcoin-just-fad/

Last two weeks it was JP Morgan CEO who gave the credit for the crash and he started feeling himself. I guess what Gorman  is trying to do is to get another of such recognition in case there is a recovery of price which is what is currently happening. Unfortunately for him, I don't buy it because he ain't saying anything different than we already know.

Everybody is bitcoin is expected to be knowledgeable about the issue of anonymity so reminding us of that is not an extra bonus to be earned as a result. Others might credit him, but I don't care and he can keep his opinion on the matter.
LeGaulois
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 4065

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:15:15 PM

He is just saying that cryptos are an interesting concept? What's wrong with that? He isn't saying Bitcoin is shit or something like that. If each time someone well know says something about Bitcoin and you make a topic to making look like a drama you will never end

The amounts invested by banks in Bitcoin/Bitcoin companies wouldn't be so important in their portofolio

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
llyfee4u

Activity: 444
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 02:22:06 PM

In my view, this is a classic case of reverse psychology.  Fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but these bank CEO's aren't just waking up to the concept of bitcoin or crytpto in general.  Surely, there is some sort of hidden agenda behind these statement, i'm not certain what the aim is but some of the suggestions in this post already touched on what it might be.  Obviously, corporations would rather buy-in when the price of btc is low.  Personally, i pay no mind to these guys. 
bitcointarget

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:09:36 PM

In my view, this is a classic case of reverse psychology.  Fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but these bank CEO's aren't just waking up to the concept of bitcoin or crytpto in general.  Surely, there is some sort of hidden agenda behind these statement, i'm not certain what the aim is but some of the suggestions in this post already touched on what it might be.  Obviously, corporations would rather buy-in when the price of btc is low.  Personally, i pay no mind to these guys. 

If they advocate bitcoin, why they shared negative news about bitcoin? And why jp morgan was spreading horror stories about bitcoin last weeks? These questions are driving me crazy folks. They're not consistent with their ideas.
intrader (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:50:40 PM

If they advocate bitcoin, why they shared negative news about bitcoin? And why jp morgan was spreading horror stories about bitcoin last weeks? These questions are driving me crazy folks. They're not consistent with their ideas.
They are very consistent to their ideas, they shared negative and horror stories because jpmorgan want to causing panic sell so they can buy cheap bitcoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: