Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2018, 10:26:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People Still Believes Perception About Bitcoin  (Read 235 times)
StarSLight

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:09:14 AM

it is true that in my place or region there are also many people who think that bitcoin is a ponzi scheme, and we have to always give enlightenment to them to change their mindset.
What for? I do not think that you will succeed in convincing someone. You just lose your time. If someone doubts, it's not our problem anymore.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ND_INVEST

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

Purchase real estate and cars at discounted prices

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 08:16:48 AM

I recently engaged people on an adventure to educate them about cryptocurrency and the use of bitcoin. From their responses, majority  of them still believe bitcoin is a form of ponzi schemes. Their beliefs was base on the fact their bitcoin is nothing tangible and therefore cannot be recognised as a means of payment.
This believe is what kept so many away from bitcoin and this was believed of people for some years. Until we started changing their thoughts and educate them, people will still continue believing in this misconception.
Facebook is not tangible, google is not tangible, Paypal is not tangible. Tangibility is not a guarantee that something is not a ponzi scheme and vice versa. People are already used to online payments of various forms. And bitcoin has no hierarchy, no control and centralization which are usually there in ponzi schemes. Moreover, involving more people into the system to get your money returned is hopeless and useless with bitcoin, while it is the main characteristic of pyramids.
gilbert056

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:26:38 AM

ofcourse for me we as the user or crypto enthusiast must believe on whatever happen to bitcoin simply because we all started here and we earn already in bitcoin in just believing in it the bearish market will not affect those who truly believes because there is always sun that will shine soon in the future so i suggest people to keep in believing in bitcoin because sooner or later bitcoin will go bull run
visionE2

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:33:45 AM

it is difficult to make ordinary people believe that bitcoin can be used as a payment tool, but I'm sure they will believe it when they do it themselves

beyasuli

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:37:36 AM

I recently engaged people on an adventure to educate them about cryptocurrency and the use of bitcoin. From their responses, majority  of them still believe bitcoin is a form of ponzi schemes. Their beliefs was base on the fact their bitcoin is nothing tangible and therefore cannot be recognised as a means of payment.
This believe is what kept so many away from bitcoin and this was believed of people for some years. Until we started changing their thoughts and educate them, people will still continue believing in this misconception.
It's not easy to convince people that bitcoin is real, and is a digital currency that can be used for payments in many countries. If anyone believes that it is a scam or a ponzi scheme, or is not real, then it is our duty to explain correctly about bitcoin so as not to misunderstand. Bitcoin is the future currency, which will be popular in the next few decades.
antonhuda

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:53:44 AM

it is true that in my place or region there are also many people who think that bitcoin is a ponzi scheme, and we have to always give enlightenment to them to change their mindset.
What for? I do not think that you will succeed in convincing someone. You just lose your time. If someone doubts, it's not our problem anymore.

It's only a waste of time to explain and correct bitcoin's perception of people who have believed in ponzi, it will be difficult for this. Gradually time will open their eyes to the understanding about bitcoin.
M.C.V.

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:12:43 AM

it is interesting because I have never encountered anyone who thinks like that! the "Ponzi scheme" way of thinking died sometime around 2010 based on what I can tell. nowadays people are scared of bitcoin because they don't understand how it works and think it is too complicated to use and when it comes to its price they see the volatility and become scared of converting their fiat into something that can go down a large percentage in a short time.
and that is why they stay away. in 2018 with all these big businesses such as Microsoft, Dell, Valve (biggest gaming platform),... big countries such as Japan, Germany, Switzerland, even US and China adopting bitcoin you have to have your head deep in the sand to think bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme!

Like all things you have to be carefull. There is a lot of schemers in crypto but BTC is not one of them.
StatusXX

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:27:29 AM

Personally, I'm really waiting for the bitcoin to be closed and it will be replaced by other alternative payment instruments. Without manipulation
kwakgyimah

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

"DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform"

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:15:22 PM

It is not the fault of those who see bitcoin as a ponzi scheme to think so. In recent times, there has been alot of ponzi schemes in many parts of the world especially on the internet. Most people have also lost huge sums of money to these scam projects. I believe we can use bitcoin to change this negative perception of most individuals.

http://DOMINIUM.me
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
DaWidyaa

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:25:42 PM

In my opinion, people who are successful with Bitcoin are because they can use and deceive Bitcoin well, many people who don't believe in bitcoin have lost, because they can't use bitcoin correctly.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1151

★ ChipMixer | Bitcoin mixing service ★

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:53:10 AM

The thing is most people who has done very little research about the technology, will believe the things that they read in the media. The media is used by some of Bitcoin's competitors to negatively influence the public and this FUD is accepted as fact in their uneducated minds.

You will need to educate them on the reasons why the media and the competitors are spreading this FUD and also who benefits the most from these actions.

People are naturally drawn to this technology, once they understand the benefits of using this technology over other payment options. < Financial freedom from centralized services and also no charge backs for merchants etc. >  Wink

magneto

Activity: 840
Merit: 575

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:58:57 PM

I think one of the reasons why so many people still believe in the fact that bitcoin is a ponzi scheme is that there are several public figures that actively endorse that idea on mainstream media.

Also, it is also possible that it is because of people's own ignorance, and lack of awareness about the problems that bitcoin is trying to solve, and the technological means of which bitcoin is facilitating decentralised transactions.

Especially older generation people are geared into trusting centralised organisations that provide the illusion of trust. Bitcoin is decentralised, and is completely virtual which can be a difficult idea for these people to grasp and trust. But calling it a ponzi scheme is going a bit too far, imo. There is absolutely no one in charge of bitcoin, in fact, decentralisation is one of the key components of how bitcoin is run.

Valentina Ambassador

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

REPUBLIA PRE-SALE : Aug 23rd

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:39:13 PM

I have people around me who doesn't believe in bitcoin or cryptocurrency at all. I have two different opposite groups inside my own family who believes in crypto and the rest of relatives hate it.

coinholic

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 09:56:36 PM

Information thru education is the first step. An introduction on Bitcoin or the crypto space is necessary to give a small picture of what this system is all about. But skepticism is inevitable at first especially for first timers. The only time their doubt will be extinguished is when they have actually used Bitcoin as payment or even better, earned from it.

aliceHortrex

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:59:31 PM

That's a pretty weird thought. If something is intangible, then it doesn't exist... How about electricity then? Such people should understand that bitcoin can be cashed if necessary, as well as just buy something where bitcoin is accepted as a means of payment. The world has changed a long time ago and now we can easily pay with bitcoin in many countries.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Dexion

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:29:45 PM

yes, we must always explain to the public about bitcoin, change their wrong assumptions, and create positive conditions.

I am sure that they don't hate bitcoin, but they only get the wrong information about bitcoin, and before it's too late, we have to make them realize that their bad assumptions about bitcoin are wrong.

maybe, by making of small discussions, training events, and others can make them aware.

suzukiy

Activity: 215

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:35:23 PM

I think many people still believe in the perception of Bitcoin, their responses vary about bitcoin before, they still believe bitcoin is a form of ponzi scheme. Until we began to change our thinking and educate them, people would still believe in this misunderstanding.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
Yamifoud

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:42:50 PM

I think many people still believe in the perception of Bitcoin, their responses vary about bitcoin before, they still believe bitcoin is a form of ponzi scheme. Until we began to change our thinking and educate them, people would still believe in this misunderstanding.
They might be realizing now and will informed. I know not all crypto members have fully believing crypto but they still engage into these aiming for the better future but they can easily change their minds if crisis occur. Even though they behave like that but they have a huge contribution in crypto and helping to have a change.

IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 12:11:14 AM

Funny how others still believe it’s a ponzi scheme even after 10 years? Clearly, they lack information on how blockchain works and what decentralization means. And it’s mind boggling for me that others cannot recognize bitcoin as a means of payment because it’s intangible. I think all of us have made online transactions with our credit card info, right? Why is it difficult to fathom digital payments then?

Indrawan77

Activity: 1036
Merit: 515

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 12:48:59 AM

I encountered so many similar responses like that, some even from an experience investors, they claimed that bitcoin is similar to ponzi due to the system the more people joined the higher price is going to be, so I conclude that there are still lack of knowledge about bitcoin, they don't really know that actually bitcoin price based on the supply and demand, I think most of them only heard the news without doing their own research and we need to give them more explanation by doing seminar or blogging to change the perception

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████