Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:07:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens when there is NO electricity? How does one trade with BTC?  (Read 3075 times)
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:14:44 AM

What do you mean no electricity? Now this does not happen. All equipment runs through electricity. Temporary crash can stop trading for bitcoin but without electricity would not work all your devices. In any case, you will have to stop trading. Modern man will die of starvation if you do not work refrigerators. Life without electricity is not possible.

What do you mean no electricity?
no electricity means brownout or a total blackout.

Now this does not happen
it always happened on most countries especially on the poorer ones just like on our country we are experiencing a frequent electric interuptions such as brownout or blackouts about 2 to 3 days every 2 to three hours and mostly on sundays.

but without electricity would not work all your devices
you can still use your other portable devices like mobile or laptops to acces the web online and do trades or post on the bitcoin forum.

Modern man will die of starvation if you do not work refrigerators.

modern man thesedays can survive without electricity or refrigirators because these is not really important to leave. people neeeds food not refrigratos to live.

Life without electricity is not possible.

are you sure? life is still possible without electricity or internet or even bitcoin.  we can still live happily and peacefully without these.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:35:51 AM

Why do people ask these ridiculous questions? The world runs on electricity, it is not just going to shut off across the whole world. If it does in some parts then fine, the part that works will pick up the slack.
This cannot even survive for a week even without electricity. There is hardly any reason to deny this fact that Bitcoin will no longer survive if there is no electricity. In fact, it is not only Bitcoin who will not survive without electricity but so many other things as well. Electricity is the basic necessity of human beings.

For sure you are right because all the people know what actually bitcoin is, it is the digital currency and it is all about the internet and the digital world so it will not be possible to use bitcoin without the electricity. It is very simple thing but I think there are some other source like the solar system and the something like this so it could be helpful in the future
i think in present time we are mostly depend on electricity, and with the passage of time the use and importance of Electricity is increasing more and more, It has become one of an important part of our life, Therefore i think that if there will be no electricity, it will not only effect bitcoin but will also effect so many other aspects of our life, therefore i do not think that there is any chance of running out of electricity from our life.
Indeed, i don't think that there is any chance for the electricity to get lose because if we are going to run out of electricity then all of the aspects in our world will be damaged like businesses, banks and a lot more. Electricity will continue to go on even there will be disasters in our world but it is impossible for us to run out since a lot of things are backing the electricity like the alternative to get electricity.
I cant imagine life without electricity and as being said its nearly impossible for electricity to be gone on a certain country if its unstable then it would really be hard to maintain on doing trading to be like that but if you are really serious on this matter just charged up your phone and load up some for data for internet.Once electricity would be lost then you can easily switch and it wont really last long  on energy outage.

777Bitcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:37:28 AM

Obviously there is a saying “don’t ask something that is commonly answerable by common sense. It is not wrong to asked about things that you do have an answers to it, maybe to make a discussion out of it is acceptable anyway. Bitcoin is a virtual currency and it was traded and used in the virtual world that is run by electricity. I know most have given much lengthy answers I will answer one word “NO”.
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:30:36 AM

That's the greatest drawback of not only bitcoin,but digital transactions as a whole.When such disasters happen,neither ATMs would work,nor credit or debit cards could be used.Bitcoin is an internet currency and there is no other option to be used.When internet gets lost,half of daily activities gets stopped and when electricity gets lost,almost three fourth of activities gets stopped.But such disasters are rare and don't happen frequently.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:45:07 AM

That's the greatest drawback of not only bitcoin,but digital transactions as a whole.When such disasters happen,neither ATMs would work,nor credit or debit cards could be used.Bitcoin is an internet currency and there is no other option to be used.When internet gets lost,half of daily activities gets stopped and when electricity gets lost,almost three fourth of activities gets stopped.But such disasters are rare and don't happen frequently.

I agree with you and thats one of the reasons why they cannot stop bitcoin because Satoshi is so wise to have attach the continued existence of bitcoin to other important things of our lives such as the internet, power, international transactions etc. If bitcoin had been existing on a unique platform of its own, then shutting it down might end bitcoin but now, there is no way to do that because it will mean crippling the whole economy all in the name of taming people that wants to be free.

If power should go, like the example given by Op, people will not be bothered about the internet or the banks or any thing of such including bitcoin and because those things are every essential to human existence, they will fix it very early and everything will be back. You cannot have access to other financial platforms without having access to bitcoin.
z38630610
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:01:31 AM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Is there a way to still trade with BTC in such situations?  

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

We have to think about more essential problems instead of bitcoin trade when there would be no electricity. If we only talk about bitcoin usage, people couldn't use their bitcoins because you need internet connection firstly. It is the main reason. There are more too.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:22:11 AM

Why will you think of bitcoin if there's a disaster? Prioritize your family first before anything else. Bitcoin is still be in its network so you dont have to worry about it. It will remain on its place until you log in again and came for you trader.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:40:36 AM

Why will you think of bitcoin if there's a disaster? Prioritize your family first before anything else. Bitcoin is still be in its network so you dont have to worry about it. It will remain on its place until you log in again and came for you trader.

Yeah, it’s just about the money when something happen your family is still important. Electricity will not last forever because of the people who continue to ruin the nature, trade when everything is fine and money will come again.
Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:41:59 AM

Any serious trader has 10 full charge 20000mAH batteries with him so he can last for a month
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 10:05:29 AM

I dont think people here are talking about any disaster. However if electricity lines are cutoff but some natural calamity and the battery power drains off then the fiat money will be the go-to currency for the current situation. It will be back to plain old school cash. Because without electricity there is not bitcoin transactions possible. But again we must remember that a calamity will be resolved by the authorities in due course and electricity will be restored soon. In the 21st century in most developed countries - a person cannot survive without electricity so there is nothing to worry much.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:10:42 AM

This is the main problem of having bitcoin or any cryptoi currency! the absence of internet in any transaction , bitcoin is very weak in absence of connection but once the problem were solve and bitcoin will appear to the world as the most and the father of any currency by then .

Coin.Master636

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:17:44 AM

Many people don't have much cash anymore. Electricity is needed for digital/electronic banking with FIAT as well.
The same thing would happen with Bitcoin trading as with electronic FIAT trading: it won't work.

In times of crisis and need, we should just hope for the humanity in other people and try to trust each other. Life supplies can also be traded for services like helping with rebuilding stuff instead of money. If the money can't be used anywhere, it's not worth anything at all and you shouldn't worry about getting access to it.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:56:20 AM

This is the main problem of having bitcoin or any cryptoi currency! the absence of internet in any transaction , bitcoin is very weak in absence of connection but once the problem were solve and bitcoin will appear to the world as the most and the father of any currency by then .
There will be no solution for that risk of absence of connection because they are all digital currencies and it means that they will only work if there is a electricity and internet especially. Having no electricity and internet connection is just a rare case so i think that there is nothing to worry about for the possible thing to happen when there is no electricity because it is like impossible to happen.
xYakult

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:28:18 PM

The answer is simple on this one... you can't access your bitcoins without any electricity and internet connection. That's the downside of it tho. Thanks to this post, i only realized it now that with electricity and internet connection, you can't have access with your bitcoins. This can be avoided if your money is not only focused in bitcoins. As the saying goes "Don't put your eggs in one basket"
Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:08:12 PM

It is really a problem because for you to access in bitcoin you need a computer and a internet connection which both of them are powered by electricity, so if there are no electricity, no bitcoin. You better find a place who has a electricity for you to access in bitcoin.
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:35:28 PM

The lack of electricity is not only a problem for bitcoin. I guarantee that modern man can not exist without modern technology. All technologies require a power supply. You remember how the collapse was in America when the accident occurred electricity supply in the major cities. It turns out that bitcoin is immune from power outages.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:40:29 PM

The lack of electricity is not only a problem for bitcoin. I guarantee that modern man can not exist without modern technology. All technologies require a power supply. You remember how the collapse was in America when the accident occurred electricity supply in the major cities. It turns out that bitcoin is immune from power outages.

Well that's the disadvantage of bitcoin because it's 100% being operated by internet.
So if your country running out of internet, there is no other way except move out through another place or country that still able operated internet.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:26:35 PM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

We have to think about more essential problems instead of bitcoin trade when there would be no electricity. If we only talk about bitcoin usage, people couldn't use their bitcoins because you need internet connection firstly. It is the main reason. There are more too.

Well if the electric power went down then trading with bitcoin will also stop. So maybe we should use other ways to trade. Like using of solar power or power wind which can help us to generate some electric power. Sometimes the reason behind power cut is Natural disaster.. Like earthquake etc etc but if you mean total electricity down then how would mankind survive without electricity  Huh
L00n3y

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:18:37 AM

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

PC's and phones are needs electricity to work and so thus the companies that provide you internet is runned by electricity therefore you cannot do trading.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:55:44 AM

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

I think trading bitcoin without electricity is impossible unless if you use cellphone or laptop.because laptop have own battery that can work without electricity. But only take in a small time.even though they need charge so he need electricity
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: