Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:54:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens when there is NO electricity? How does one trade with BTC?  (Read 3075 times)
BulbaLord

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:10:07 PM

t is hard to transfer your btc to other because we need internet connection , if theres no electricity how we transfer it? But i think some areas have generator that automatically used when there is no electricity . So i think this is the other way that can we used to transact btc to others , the generator can help . If you do not have generator . Oh no ! I dont have any idea na . Hahaha

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jameshowlett

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:12:11 PM

if no electricity, of course nobody could trade with btc.

If you really need the money to trade and no electricity due to natural disaster you can use a generator and trade. Else you can use a car battery and trade or you can go to another place so that you can trade. There are a lot of initiative to do in order to trade and make money to be use for the family.
If natural disasters do happen and there is no electricity, I think I will be more worried about my chance of survival more than trading bitcoin. Although there are some ways to trade with bitcoin during power cut like you said, it would be harder and less convenient. This is one of bitcoin's disadvantage to which there hasn't been any practical and effective solution.

PonyBoy

Activity: 313
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:41:22 AM

There's another way that only those rich people can capable to doing this, because they use a generator machine, but the nodes of crypto can't use it for the whole time..
Inikoo

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:44:52 PM

If there is a natural disaster, and the internet, and electricity is gone, well, I am sorry to say, but than you have to neglect cryptocurrencies for a while. But at least you got time to save your life Grin

resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:50:41 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2018, 05:32:17 AM by resty

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Is there a way to still trade with BTC in such situations?  

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

Are you familiar with generators? We can use it in case there are no electricity available. But even there is electricity available but you have no internet I don't think you can trade. Actually, we almost have the same problem. Sometimes there is no signal in my location so that I cannot reach or visit the web. What I only know is that, it really depends on how near you are in a cell site. The closer you are, the stronger signal you can have.
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:02:29 PM

I don't think that there is a way right now that we could get an offline transaction for Bitcoin,
That is why they always say that invest only what you could afford to lose and don't put all your eggs in one basket.
It is always better to keep some Fiat and don't depend too much in the crypto .
onyok

Activity: 120

BLUPASS.CO | ICO LIVE! | 15/5 - 15/7 | JOIN NOW!

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:21:14 PM

If there's a natural disaster cutting off electricity for days, trading bitcoin should be least of your worries really. Priorities man.
priorities over needs... If there is no electricity what would you choose your priorities to do even the electricity is absent or your need to trade that makes your income larger...
How would you deal with that.?

LianaSie

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:38:57 AM

Without internet connection, you will not be able to connect to the Bitcoin network, of course. But in this case, you may will have bigger things to worry about. Pernicious food in the fridge for example. Cheesy

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:03:57 AM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

I do not mean to be pessimistic but I do not think there is anyway possible for a transaction in cryptocurrencies to take place with electricity and Internet connection. This is still one of the major stumbling block to the general acceptability of bitcoin in the world today.
Bitcoin has not reached a level where it can be used for transactions for daily needs such as food and water from a petty trader to consumers. Bitcoin for now can only be used to buy in major online stores.

PonyBoy

Activity: 313
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:48:39 AM

If we talk about the option to store your capital then I consider it to be safe. Bur of we look at it as the object for investing your capital into then I'd call it risky and not thay safe.
abruchifid

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:51:12 AM

There is not much you can do if d not have  access to electricity,internet services will be disrupted and you cannot access the blockchain without internet service.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:04:51 AM

I do not mean to be pessimistic but I do not think there is anyway possible for a transaction in cryptocurrencies to take place with electricity and Internet connection. This is still one of the major stumbling block to the general acceptability of bitcoin in the world today.
Bitcoin has not reached a level where it can be used for transactions for daily needs such as food and water from a petty trader to consumers. Bitcoin for now can only be used to buy in major online stores.

Yeah I quite agree with your statement and my opinion for that, If necessary,  simple, I use my paper money to pay something that really needed In that time because bitcoin Is such an alternative way of paying method through Internet connection.  Without Internet and electricity we can't used bitcoin to pay some bills or other expenses that need to be done.
sultanGol

Activity: 188

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:53:48 PM

We need electricity, and internet connection for Bitcoin, as we all know. So I guess, without that, we would have to say goodby to the crypto world.

ernoo

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 02:29:29 PM

It is pretty hard to imagine a world without electricity, we just depend on it too much. Bitcoin would not be the only asset, failing, if that happened.
anhtuan845

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:25:09 PM

I think you put this issue very well.But after all, if the power out, then we will hardly be able to transaction BTC but when the BTC began to popular people will invent the kind of hard BTC storage card.It It will be as easy to transmit as bluetooth. So do not worry too much about this. Smiley Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Indra32

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:42:33 PM

Without electricity technology is nothing because almost all of technology that we used are commonly need electricity and if you are asking how do we trade without electricity i think bitcoin is not created because bitcoin is a "Electronic Coin or Electronic Currency" by the name itself its created by electronic technology thats simple as that.

I think It's really an unreasonable question, because not only bitcoin trade will be affected, but all things powered by electricity will also disappear. Imagine life without energy, surely you will struggle everyday life by knowing that we are already living in this comfortable world because of gadgets or objects that use electricity. If it's gone then it's messed up.
You will not really bother or to troubleshoot these things first when there is a power outage surely you will find to secure your first family, loved ones about how to live without electricity rather than thinking about how you will be able to trade with bitcoin.
kyori

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:56:28 PM

You obviously cannot trade with any cryptocurrency because cryptocurrenies can only be used and traded with the use of gadgets and If there is no electricity it would be useless

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
King money

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:17:46 PM

This is a situation where I'm worried, digital transactions are useless. This experience will be a lesson for us, we must be prepared if we know this kind of catastrophe will happen to us.

If you want something more complicated, then maybe go elsewhere with electricity and connections to attract money so you can avoid the bitcoin trading complications when you have no connections and electricity.
Because you need an Internet connection, phone or any smart device to log in to your account, and you also want to trade using bitcoin and no electricity or connections, unauthorized trading. Since the preferred payment is btc, and it's unusable, you can use some real money instead?
cheann20

Activity: 344
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:35:15 PM

Well, we all know that It is hard to work when there's no power or electricity . Of course how will you use your cellphones, computer, laptop and other electric things that you use on trasding when they don't have battery,right? So for me, I better suggest that you can ask for some help to those who have powerbank or generator and able to get your money and use it. And also, you can use it in able for your parents or family to get secure and able to sustain your personal needs and of course your family needs. And many people can also help you and lend you some more money in able to use for emergencies and of course you can pay it when electricity come back and you will gain electricity and also a lot of money..

kingkonjac

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:02:50 PM

a simple solution can be to transfer the money from the cold wallet to the merchandiser cold wallet but also for it we would need at least a battery lap top or a device like it. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: