Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:34:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens when there is NO electricity? How does one trade with BTC?  (Read 3075 times)
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:47:01 PM

Lightning network may address this issue. If there are nodes for cities and countries, and every transaction should occur on that node. You do not have to connect to main blockchain until the payment gets out of node.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TontomHit

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:26:00 PM

We could not trade Bitcoin than, so it probably would be the end of Bitcoin. But I guess the whole ecosystem would crash than, so we crypto fans would not be the only ones, feeling the negative effects.

Popov_popov

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:58:55 PM

I think in time this issue will be resolved and it will be possible to pay for crypto currency without light.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:25:54 AM

Electricity is the main requirement of the bitcoun trasingbso if there are calamaty that cut electricity i think there ano possible to do bitcoin trading or even crypto activities
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:42:44 AM

for miners to operate the primary needs for it is electricity and connection to the internet to access and solve some equation that validates the transactions that had been made by us every time we send and receive a transaction miners are the ones responsible to check if that is really existing and correct then if does the transaction will proceed and we will complete our transfer.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1316
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 05:13:54 AM

Electricity is not anymore a problem right now. There are many innovations in our technology, there are many alternative energy that we can replace in geothermal energy such solar and wind power supply. If there is no any source of electricity, mining will become useless and digital currency is worthless. But as of now, it is not yet a big problem.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ehrz22

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:17:39 AM

Electricity is the main requirement of the bitcoun trasingbso if there are calamaty that cut electricity i think there ano possible to do bitcoin trading or even crypto activities

Well, if this will happen only in a smaller area then it will not affect the bitcoin, also there are more high technology devices that can get power using the sun light or the wind so for me if this will not worldwide then this can address and fix easily.

Kris34

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:48:41 AM

Well, if this will happen only in a smaller area then it will not affect the bitcoin, also there are more high technology devices that can get power using the sun light or the wind so for me if this will not worldwide then this can address and fix easily.

That's it, if you turn off the electricity you can always run generators, alternative power sources, such as solar panels and more.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:07:15 PM

How can you trade if there is no electric current? Lol
Do not be silly, bitcoin is included in the digital aset in that point you really need an electric current to make it live. If you do not have an electric current, do not expect to start trading bitcoins or anything. Bitcoin does not have a physical, if bitcoin has a physical then certainly you can trade even though there is no electric current though.
btctime

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:11:53 PM

If you or your friends do not have electricity due to natural disasters, you'd better concentrate on this and not on trading cryptocurrency.
Cynooza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:52:45 PM

Most likely, people return to the sound money such as gold and silver which existed for milleniums. Without electricity and the Internet btc simply won't exist.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:51:17 PM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Is there a way to still trade with BTC in such situations?  

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

we cannot see the world is growing and we are in the dark age without having a chance to make a changing to a better life and there will be any chaos that will happen in many places. and we cannot trade with bitcoin since bitcoin needed an internet connection to make people stay connected to the network and I think bitcoin itself is not introduced to people.
Dortira

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:42:22 AM

In my opinion this is quite a silly question,  because how could you imagine the case in which we would be having a lack of electricity worldwide?
Matic

Activity: 310

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:52:53 PM

We could not trade Bitcoin than, so it probably would be the end of Bitcoin. But I guess the whole ecosystem would crash than, so we crypto fans would not be the only ones, feeling the negative effects.

It can be the end of all Technologies. No electricity no mechanical life. Simple thing. All systems and machines will stop and nobody can help them.

Gumpfire

Activity: 378
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:13:24 PM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

In my own point of view, if there are no electricity simply you cannot trade qith bitcoin or any cryptocurrency because if there are no electricity your computer and internet connection will not work, so therefore you cannot access in bitcoin or any sites. You need to find a place that there are electricity for you to trade with bitcoin.
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:07:29 PM

I don;t think anyone can use Bitcoin trade or exchange crypto without an internet or without electricity. Both are required for crypto currency since it is a digital currency. There is always risk involved in anything in this world and life without internet and electricity will be not possible in another 10 years from now and that time crypto will be very easy to trade.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
shaadsufi

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:37:14 PM

For countries which do not have any electricity or are short on internet facilities, for them to have a prior adaptability of bitcoin is economic suicide as you can not access the assets your invested in and since all of the assets are digitized they must be accessible at all times.
Matic

Activity: 310

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:54:04 AM

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

No electricity means everything stops, You just simply can't access to the world what is bigger problem then no electricity is no Internet, government has the full right to stop the internet. It will be a new era of earning money.

zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:49:02 PM

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

No electricity means everything stops, You just simply can't access to the world what is bigger problem then no electricity is no Internet, government has the full right to stop the internet. It will be a new era of earning money.
Wow, what a horrible question like just asking what happen to a wind mill if there is no wind. Electricity is always been a part of people's live in this advancing world and it cannot be take away and so on for the internet, bitcoin miners needs power source and therefore having no source then no miners and no miners then no transaction, but it would not be happen since blockchain is almost perfect by its design.

stimliall

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:13:34 PM

If there is no electricity, it will lead to no network. Without the network, there will be no blockchain. At this time, the miners cannot confirm the data of the block information because there is no electricity! This means that there is no way for BTC's network to run!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: