Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:50:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should southern Ireland leave the EU?  (Read 126 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 04:44:44 PM

The EU hasn't done a lot for Ireland, and most of their international trade is in Dollars or Sterling. The Irish are intelligent, hard working, and creative people, and they could easily survive on their own abilities. The Brexit negotiations have hit a barrier over the Irish border, and one of the solutions that is being pushed is the split of Northern Ireland from the UK, and this would be disastrous for both Northern and Southern Ireland in my opinion. Another solution that doesn't seem to be mentioned in political circles, but seems to be gaining a bit of popularity, is the break of Southern Ireland away from the EU. I understand that 80% of the Southern Irish support membership of the EU, but this could change as they face increasing taxes in the future.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Goethe

Activity: 99
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:00:00 PM
Merited by krakozyabra (5)

Former Irish ambassador Ray Basset has written a  detailed report for the Uk think-thank Policy Exchange.
The structure of this analysis is based on a set of themes.
The themes are:

1)Trade and the economy
2)British-Irish ties
3)The future direction of the EU
4)European identity
5)Small countries in a globalised world
6)Defence and security
7)Social and environmental protection

He argues that Ireland should seriously consider whether or not stays in the European Union,and he appears to favour an Irish exit.
I totally disagree with him.
Ireland is an amazing country and deserve to be a big player in EU.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 09:16:44 PM

He argues that Ireland should seriously consider whether or not stays in the European Union,and he appears to favour an Irish exit.

I've always admired the Irish, but I don't understand why such a proud race should subjugate themselves to the EU and the globalists.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Goethe

Activity: 99
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:20:14 PM

I've always admired the Irish, but I don't understand why such a proud race should subjugate themselves to the EU and the globalists.

The irish are not subjugate themself to the EU.As you know ,actually,Ireland is the HQ of the most important tech americans companies.You can find in the top management of this companies only irish,so they have more privileges than the others.The others are subjugated.
MJK_Anfaenger

Activity: 196
Merit: 46

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 05:49:49 PM

Oh, it's you again. You really really want Ireland to be as miserable as the UK is right now, huh? And it is:

According to a report by the Office for Budget Responsibility "The UK will save no money from leaving the European Union over the next five years and could be paying its Brexit divorce bill until at least 2064" (https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/mar/13/uk-save-money-brexit-obr-divorce-bill)

A leaked government report shows that any Brexit scenario will negatively impact the British economy. New trade deals will not even come close to replacing what is lost by leaving the EU (https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/30/key-questions-latest-leaked-brexit-forecasts)

I think taxes are the least of the UK's concerns in the future.

The EU hasn't done a lot for Ireland

That is a factually incorrect claim. For example, Ireland is a net recipient of European funds. That's a net gain of €44.6 billion since 1976. That is an insane amount of money that helped make Ireland the developed, modern nation that is, today. And that is just one of many benefits of being an EU member. You  can read all about what the EU does for Ireland here: https://ec.europa.eu/ireland/about-us/impact-of-EU-membership-on-Ireland_en

Why do you think 79% of Irish don't want to leave? I personally suppose it's because they're mostly sane and would prefer economic stability over being isolated and eaten alive by China & friends. Or why don't you ask Theresa May how all these amazing trading deals are coming along that she promised? Or what it's like sitting on a negotiation table without the backing of the world's largest market?

georgecarr

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:52:58 AM

Its fear. Afraid of the unknown. I am Irish and anti EU. From conversations I have had with friends and family they fear that they will lose there jobs and the country will return to the bad old days of the 1980s. Almost all of the politicians are pro EU so theirs very little debate on the issue.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: