Print  
Author Topic: dfg  (Read 87871 times)
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
December 13, 2010, 02:41:08 AM

Yes, and this time "Bitcoin" is sitting next to "Ron Paul" and "Wikileaks" in the article header.
So it is probably going to get hot soon.

True.  I'd say we may already see this as we can see an other surge for the keyword "bitcoin" in google trends :

http://www.google.com/trends?q=bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vinnie

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2010, 04:30:03 AM

OK, I see it now when I just read the headline.

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2010, 05:33:28 AM

Yes, and this time "Bitcoin" is sitting next to "Ron Paul" and "Wikileaks" in the article header.
So it is probably going to get hot soon.

True.  I'd say we may already see this as we can see an other surge for the keyword "bitcoin" in google trends :

http://www.google.com/trends?q=bitcoin

If you change the graph to show only DEC 2010 it looks like we exceed a search index volume of 10. The previous slashdotting didn't get it quite that high.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
December 14, 2010, 05:35:51 AM

If you change the graph to show only DEC 2010 it looks like we exceed a search index volume of 10. The previous slashdotting didn't get it quite that high.

The first slashdotting is higher than of the second slashdotting attempt.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2010, 05:37:04 AM

Did you change the timline to DEC 2010? I think in the big graph it is getting averaged down and we won't see it on that one for another week or something.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
December 14, 2010, 11:03:38 AM

Did you change the timline to DEC 2010? I think in the big graph it is getting averaged down and we won't see it on that one for another week or something.

I confirm. It is at least the same high, or higher.

bitcoin_bob

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:57:39 AM

It would have been nice to get this attention in any other context.  WikiLeaks has kicked the hornet's nest, and the swarm is headed towards us.

and they never heard anything from him again.......
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:04:51 PM

It would have been nice to get this attention in any other context.  WikiLeaks has kicked the hornet's nest, and the swarm is headed towards us.

*thread resurrection

Satoshi's second to last post, so this article scared him off? http://www.pcworld.com/article/213230/could_wikileaks_scandal_lead_to_new_virtual_currency.html

Bruce Wagner standing up for Bitcoin in the thread brings a tear to the eye, whatever happened to him? Only 1 post in a couple of years to pick up some free ripples - priceless  Grin

Bitrated user: Mick.
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:48:52 PM

It would have been nice to get this attention in any other context.  WikiLeaks has kicked the hornet's nest, and the swarm is headed towards us.

Sorry for bumping this old thread. I find this post of satoshi very intriguing. It is one of the few posts of him that is not about coding. If i interpreter this right we could say that we could throw away all the theories about bitcoin being secretly launched by some government. What are your thoughts?

edit: And indeed that he got scared because of this and backed off.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:29:24 PM

It would have been nice to get this attention in any other context.  WikiLeaks has kicked the hornet's nest, and the swarm is headed towards us.

Sorry for bumping this old thread. I find this post of satoshi very intriguing. It is one of the few posts of him that is not about coding. If i interpreter this right we could say that we could throw away all the theories about bitcoin being secretly launched by some government. What are your thoughts?

Doesn't follow logically as the only possible explanation.

I had seen this post before and had the following thought.

To maintain his anonymity he would want to bail out before the popularity would increase those trying to hack his anonymity methods.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
InstantBitcoin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

+░░+Legendary Bitcoiner+░░

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 02:16:20 AM

^ i ain't scurred  Cool *it's like digital bumblebeezzz

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:50:02 PM

I think your interpretation is spot on. In retrospect, Satoshi seems to have predicted something (even collectors) to start the increase of value. And he was obviously politically privacy-inclined.  But my guess is the speed with which WikiLeaks seems to have discovered Bitcoin startled him.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:33:37 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I think your interpretation is spot on. In retrospect, Satoshi seems to have predicted something (even collectors) to start the increase of value. And he was obviously politically privacy-inclined.  But my guess is the speed with which WikiLeaks seems to have discovered Bitcoin startled him.

The problem with Wikileaks is that it draws the attention from the NSA and other organisations very keen to follow the trail of funding.

Privacy and anonymity is not 100% guaranteed and the increased surveillance is what made him disappear. I don't think he was in it for the $.

https://words.democracy.earth/follow-the-bitcoin-wikileaks-f2218dece347

It had the unfortunate effect of politicizing bitcoin. It may have led to more public exposure but also carried risks.

In July 2015, Wikileaks wallet was the target of what in Bitcoin lingo is called a “flood attack” or “dust attack”. The amount of dust for this huge attack was worth 30 BTC (or U$D 8,000 at the time).

It demonstrates the extend of what some people are prepared to do.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
anunnaki1202

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:03:20 PM

You did a very good job  Grin

The thing is you cannot give any reply anymore because you might be scared of what happened with your creation.
We are not far to free our-self from values in fiat but this sounds a bit scary because everything resume to fiat currency.

All values goes in the balance of fiat Huh

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: