Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:16:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any guides to setting up Zpool.ca mining?  (Read 2214 times)
Stockypotty (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:22:29 AM

Can't seem to find any resources on how to properly set it up and set difficulty in password etc for best returns.

Anyone know of any guides?

Thanks Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 08:31:54 AM

check the batch file link in my sig.  lots of good info.

near the bottom of that post is a link to my original batch post, with a LOT more info.

profitability is based on your hashrate and algo you mine.

be sure in your password to supply the payout type;  as well as the algo name you are mining. ('c=btc,skien' as an example)

I have batch files for manual selection, or for profit switching available.  I should be finishing my updated version of the batch sometime soon.
To see how an individual batch launch for a single algo would be done;  check out my how to normalize section.... it has batch examples.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Stockypotty (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:35:14 AM

Ah cool thanks man will check it out!

Stockypotty (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:47:59 AM

check the batch file link in my sig.  lots of good info.

near the bottom of that post is a link to my original batch post, with a LOT more info.

be sure in your password to supply the payout type;  as well as the algo name you are mining. ('c=btc,skien' as an example)

I have batch files for manual selection, or for profit switching available.  I should be finishing my updated version of the batch sometime soon.
To see how an individual batch launch for a single algo would be done;  check out my how to normalize section.... it has batch examples.

Sorry i'm a complete noob when it comes to this. But you've basically created a script that will automatically switch between the most profitable algos / coins? And I would just need to go through and change certain parameters etc?

I have L3+ asics, **EDIT** so I just put in scrypt algo and it will automatically switch between most profitable coin? Or does Zpool already do that regardless of script used?

Thanks for the help.

JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 06:01:49 PM

check the batch file link in my sig.  lots of good info.

be sure in your password to supply the payout type;  as well as the algo name you are mining. ('c=btc,skien' as an example)

I have batch files for manual selection, or for profit switching available.  I should be finishing my updated version of the batch sometime soon.
To see how an individual batch launch for a single algo would be done;  check out my how to normalize section.... it has batch examples.

Sorry i'm a complete noob when it comes to this. But you've basically created a script that will automatically switch between the most profitable algos / coins? And I would just need to go through and change certain parameters etc?

I have L3+ asics, **EDIT** so I just put in scrypt algo and it will automatically switch between most profitable coin? Or does Zpool already do that regardless of script used?

Thanks for the help.

To help you specifically with your L3:

Lets say you want BTC as your payout.   Your config would be as follows:

Address: stratum+tcp://scrypt.mine.zpool.ca:3433
Username: 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP (or other payout address)
Password: c=BTC,scrypt

Shouldn't take much more than that.

zpool stratum switches your workunits between different coins at the same time that are on that algo...  so you will mine credits on a whole bunch of different coins, and they will all end up being converted to your requested payout.  As payouts are converted and credited;  when you reach the threshold of 0.015 (or 0.0015 on sunday) you get your payout of the "Balance" amount seen on the wallet page on the zpool site.

If you want paid in something like DASH or LTC;  just know payouts can be delayed because the pool relies on generating enough to give to you, and to sell to credit other miners as well.  if there isnt enough, your payout is on hold until the pool generates enough.  The pool will only exchange other coins for BTC;  not the other way around.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Tamph

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:19:09 PM

check the batch file link in my sig.  lots of good info.

be sure in your password to supply the payout type;  as well as the algo name you are mining. ('c=btc,skien' as an example)

I have batch files for manual selection, or for profit switching available.  I should be finishing my updated version of the batch sometime soon.
To see how an individual batch launch for a single algo would be done;  check out my how to normalize section.... it has batch examples.

Thanks for the help.

To help you specifically with your L3:

Lets say you want BTC as your payout.   Your config would be as follows:

Address: stratum+tcp://scrypt.mine.zpool.ca:3433
Username: 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP (or other payout address)
Password: c=BTC,scrypt

Shouldn't take much more than that.

zpool stratum switches your workunits between different coins at the same time that are on that algo...  so you will mine credits on a whole bunch of different coins, and they will all end up beingm converted to your requested payout.  As payouts are converted and credited;  when you reach the threshold of 0.015 (or 0.0015 on sunday) you get your payout of the "Balance" amount seen on the wallet page on the zpool site.

If you want paid in something like DASH or LTC;  just know payouts can be delayed because the pool relies on generating enough to give to you, and to sell to credit other miners as well.  if there isnt enough, your payout is on hold until the pool generates enough.  The pool will only exchange other coins for BTC;  not the other way around.
Anyone can help to set the Asic A2k, I’m trying to mining in zpool but can’t add pool. Tks
neo_rambo

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:57:08 PM

so if I'm mining lyra2rev2 with ccminer and want verge coin and monacoin how would I go about doing that? they are both the same algo. is it like this:

-u walletforverge, walletformona -p c=XVG,MONA
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 06:58:10 PM

so if I'm mining lyra2rev2 with ccminer and want verge coin and monacoin how would I go about doing that? they are both the same algo. is it like this:

-u walletforverge, walletformona -p c=XVG,MONA

This is not a solo mining pool, you pick an algo to mine, and you pick one payout coin to get paid in.   Your miner(s) get pushed whatever workunits the pool wants you working on.

-u vergewalletaddress -p c=XVG,lyra2v2

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

CrypotoCreanis

Activity: 124

Don’t do a screen name after 4 glasses of Chianti

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:45:15 AM

So for my S9

stratum+tcp://sha256.mine.zpool.ca:3333/#xnsub
my btc wallet
c=btc,btc

Is this correct? getting dead under pool status on miner
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 01:51:06 AM

So for my S9

my btc wallet
c=btc,btc

stratum+tcp://sha256.mine.zpool.ca:3333#xnsub
<BTC Wallet>
c=BTC,sha256

probably dead pool cause its not receiving an algo type flag in the password for the port you are connecting to, and its seeing BTC as a algo flag which is not available; and since sha256 was not on the list, it leaves the stratum line dead as to get you on the algo it wants you on.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

CrypotoCreanis

Activity: 124

Don’t do a screen name after 4 glasses of Chianti

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:36:15 AM

So for my S9

my btc wallet
c=btc,btc

<BTC Wallet>
c=BTC,sha256

probably dead pool cause its not receiving an algo type flag in the password for the port you are connecting to, and its seeing BTC as a algo flag which is not available; and since sha256 was not on the list, it leaves the stratum line dead as to get you on the algo it wants you on.

That did it thank you so much!
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 02:43:08 AM

So for my S9

my btc wallet
c=btc,btc

<BTC Wallet>
c=BTC,sha256

That did it thank you so much!

Not a problem.  Simple mistakes can be the most annoying sometimes.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

jaco1993

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:46:19 AM

if you can maby help me what would my password be if i mined with a Baikal X10 on Zpool using the myr-gr pool?
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 09:31:13 PM

if you can maby help me what would my password be if i mined with a Baikal X10 on Zpool using the myr-gr pool?

assuming you are BTC as payout type:

c=BTC,myr-gr

should be all fine from there.

if you want a worker name you can see on the wallet page:

workername1,c=BTC,myr-gr

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

ChasquiTech

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:53:38 PM

Hi

Triying to set up s9i to pay in Bitcoin.

(wallet)
c=BTC,sha256

But getting on console: no server could be used!  and miner shows server as dead.

JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 04:00:14 AM

Hi

Triying to set up s9i to pay in Bitcoin.

(wallet)
c=BTC,sha256

But getting on console: no server could be used!  and miner shows server as dead.

try without #xnsub... I believe its on by default for some time....  Could possibly be the problem if the miner isn't looking to ignore the #xnsub text...

does look proper;  should have BTC address as username, password and SHA details look correct.

See if you can ping "sha256.mine.zpool.ca"  you should be able to.  if not, you may be blocked for some reason?

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

ChasquiTech

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:28:02 PM

Thanks Jared.

You were correct we were blocked by Zpool, seems they block several Ips that started as ours.

I talk with them on Discord support and they were to fix it in a couple of minutes.

Totally recomend Discord channel and their support was very helpfull.
freshcoinsfarmer

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:21:33 PM

The easiest way to setup Zpool.ca mining is to use UberMiner (http://www.uberminer.org/)
You will be up and running in 5 minutes!

The only drawback is that is NVIDIA only.
JFoxOne

Activity: 640
Merit: 56

minerstat

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 11:32:05 AM

We have prepared simple profit switch tutorial for zpool.

You can get paid directly in BTC or any other supported coins. Just make sure you use correct wallet address!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: