Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:34:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's?  (Read 15510 times)
Mobshady24

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:28:59 PM

For me it is safe to join in an ICO as long as you know that particular ICO you want to join is legitimate. ICO program is actually good platform for tokens that is why a lot of people are investing on it for the purpose of accumulating profits through gains from token depending on how long you hold it.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
beetlejam

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:28:20 PM

I think it is completely safe as long as you are smart about it i.e.

- You do your research, you look into the whitepaper, you ask the ICO you are interested in, you look at the team and what they are trying to achieve etc. If you throw money into a poor project, don't be surprised if you don't make any profit or they go under.

- Don't throw too much money - Spend within your limits. Slowly build up your portfolio.
mari4nn3

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:41:42 PM

When you make an investment there is always, but always risk, and doesn't matter if someone tells you there isn't any. When we talking about ICOs the risk comes in the form of the given project never reach the expected value when it hits the exchanges and this can happen due to various factors.

Now, if you talking about the ICO being safe from the perspective of how secure your money is when you pass it to the team behind it, again, there will always be some degree of insecurity to it because we have seen in previous ICOs that got hacked or the teams disappeared with the investors money that they cannot guarantee you 100% security.

The best one can do is research the project and hope for the best.

leyton11

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:09:09 PM

I have lost 13k when I invested on a conman and never got the money back. that is why I would rather invest in ICO's that may have a chance of succeeding rather than investing my money to a person that will just run. and that is why I participate on ICO's

That's true! you can get more profit from investing on ICOs especially if on pre-ICO because they offer discounts on their tokens but be sure to check first that ICOs to avoid another scam projects. Wink
You can check before start to invest, but to be honest, the benefit you will receive never help you a project really trusted or just scammer. Only after crowdsale and listed on exchange, you will know there is has speculation or not hehe.
SimonJones

Activity: 485

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:11:08 PM

Most investors have lost money in the most recent ICOs. It's better to get in after they come to an exchange. If you really want to get into an ICO it should be one where have have been able to get the maximum bonuses or one without any bonuses for early investors.

..............Web..............Bounty..............Twitter..............Telegram.......
.......ALL DATA ⇔ ONE PLACE.......

tdrinker

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:11:37 PM

It is of course safe to participate in ICOs but you have to be sensible with your investments, do your research on the people behind the ICO before you invest, things such as that. One big red flag in my experience is often ICOs who are guaranteeing x return on ICO price, of course this doesn't mean it is a scam but often times it is because they use this as a way to coax in people who are afraid of missing out.

Michae1k

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:13:58 PM

in my opinion now we have more ppl involved in investing that give possibilities to scammer become rich. It was always, if ppl are not very smart someone try to stole their money.  I still believe we have no scam ico, but we need to know everything  abt projects and be smart enough to recognized scam. I make a little investigation abt confideal and almost sure that it nit scam and very powerful ico
valentin68

Activity: 459
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:17:20 PM

No it is not safe to participate in ICO's. ICO's are very risky, 90% of them ask for big money, many of them are scam, or if they are not scam their coins loose their value fast, in less than 2-6 months. There are so many altcoins now on the market that I would not invest in an alt-coin (or an ICO). Maybe in NEO, but with much precaution. Better buy bitcoin, at least in 5-10 year it is going to appreciate 10x from its today value.

chadtn

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:48:19 PM

You should very carefully study everything about the company: slack-chat, white paper, team, social medias etc. And only after that u can make a decision

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:27:38 PM

Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

Yeah!its good and nice to participate in ICO because you can earn in this kind of method and adding your knowledge of learning about bitcoin.in this forum you can know what happen in the crypto world and should we do in times of implementing SegWit hard fork.so the  ICO is very helpul and relevant in this subject and convince more investor to join bitcoin world.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
coinstatic

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:56:03 PM

Yes and no.

It all depends on the concept behind the ICO. It's your job to do the due diligence beforehand and read up about the project behind the ICO and the team behind it.

If you think that the project makes no sense and the team behind it sound needy of your investment, then you obviously wouldn't want to participate in this type of ICO.

On the other hand if you feel the project has potential and there's many other investors who have faith in the project and even the team have faith in their own project, then this could be the right ICO for you to invest.

Always remember though, nobody can guarantee you a price rise on your investment. Not even the team behind the ICO. Those who do are clearly scams and you should stay well away from those who guarantee this.
jlp

Activity: 266
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:58:42 PM

Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

Read:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2243157

for suggestions on how to filter out the scams and crap to find legitimate ICOs.

As an example, the poster above me is pushing Electroneum. Electroneum is dishonest with their sales pitch.
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:39:42 PM

It depends on the analysis we are doing, if before investing in ICO we do research and look for reviews, and also learn about the purpose of the project in their whitepaper, so that will be more understand about the project so we will know whether the project is legit or not. Investment in ICO is an investment with high risk high return category so it is very important to do the analysis before investing. Learn also about risk management and money management is important in investing in ICO to reduce risk.

fedoralite

Activity: 548
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:44:23 PM

Yeah!its good and nice to participate in ICO because you can earn in this kind of method and adding your knowledge of learning about bitcoin.in this forum you can know what happen in the crypto world and should we do in times of implementing SegWit hard fork.so the  ICO is very helpul and relevant in this subject and convince more investor to join bitcoin world.

Well totally depends on what would be the outcome of the ICO project you where going to invest with since eventhough they are successful for there Token sale you cannot still actually tell wheter you earn or not since the price will be dump by the bounty hunters and that could make the investors lose on certain cause.
theAirdropman

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:46:22 PM

I've participated in several ICOS and I can say that you've to search to much about the project after puting money on it.
Ar1st0

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:00:46 AM

This all is investment. There're no promises for your investment. But you can do research about the ICO's. What is behind the ICO that developing and the reason. Somehow, if you want to participate to new ICO make sure what's your reason first.
inthelongrun

Activity: 1736
Merit: 593

The Martian Child

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:19:00 AM

It is only safe if you do your part in the deal. It is not safe because there are scams. But if only people learn to distinguish scams from legit ones, good choices from crap ones, then ICOs will always appear to be one of the biggest investment in crypto. As of now there are still very good ICOs for investment. Let us just carefully choose the right ones.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Sir Paijoe

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:10:11 AM

This all is investment. There're no promises for your investment. But you can do research about the ICO's. What is behind the ICO that developing and the reason. Somehow, if you want to participate to new ICO make sure what's your reason first.

The most important thing when we invest is there is a risk, do not ever think all investments will be profitable including join ICO, it all depends on the analysis and market development, I join some ICO since 8 months ago with $2,500 and very happy because I get big profit, and now has profits of up to $ 25,000.

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
cammie16

Activity: 462

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:16:44 AM

I dont have any plans in investing in an ICOs. I prefer joining bounties and earning free coins than buying coins that is not sure if it will have value in the future. Better to just spend time and effort than to spend some amount. But it will always depend on the people that are ready to invest and expect to return high profit from it.

│      Whitepaper      │              BITHOST                          The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook     │     Github     │     Discord     │
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:00:34 AM

There are no safe ico to participate in,  do your due diligence in participating in any ico. Check how transparent the team is and the coin if it has a potential

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: