Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:21:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's?  (Read 15510 times)
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1344

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 12:14:54 PM

Not all of ICO are safe or legit. But some of ICO nowadays is really good investment. Before you joining in particular ICO, you should check first every details of their project. Their dev team, roadmap, white paper also their different projects in future. It can help to you to identify.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:16:33 PM

Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
Not all ICOs are legit and trusted, some of them are only wanting to scam investors but you can avoid that by reading their white paper about their project it can helps younto decide if their project is safe to invest or not. But there are also many icos which we can make huge profit and their project is very successful. I am lucky because i always invest in good project that is why the result is profit.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
hgmarral

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:18:11 PM

Not all of ICO are safe or legit. But some of ICO nowadays is really good investment. Before you joining in particular ICO, you should check first every details of their project. Their dev team, roadmap, white paper also their different projects in future. It can help to you to identify.

You should also look for other details in their ICO with how transparent they are being - is how the money will be spent fully clear? Do they have a vesting period for their coin for the early investors/employees of the company. Information is key
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:24:20 PM

Because of the increasing number of ICOs popping out, you'll never know which ones are legit or not unless you get to research about their project and the people behind it. thru this, you will be able to see how reliable and safe these ICOs are. Although, most of the icos are safe but being extra careful won't hurt us. Participating in icos is an investment hence, we must make sure that we are investing on the right ico.

crypto4lambo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:28:49 PM

As for me, I dont really jump into ICO. It is just my personal approach to it. I just dont trust this unless it was can really a working concept not just an idea. It must have a good dev tram behind it and has an edge compare to its rival altcoins. I have seen many ICO that even though they have a good concept, it just turn out to be scam and I cant afford to just lose my investment just to take risk to have a bigger chance of a higher earning. I know it is all about taking risk, but for me I critically choose where to put my investment. I dont chase higher earnings, I am more into a lower risk and have a higher reward ration.

sky24

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:33:37 PM

If you do your research and make a calculated decision then it can be safe participating in ICOs. Investing is always a gamble and finding the right one is always difficult, it may take time.
cr_liev

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:35:57 PM

First decide why you want to invest. I would be very cautious and invest only if I already see the success of the project. And this depends on many factors, you should read about cryptocurrency a lot and speak with crypto oriented users to gain some experience and develop the intuition
BlockMedx

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:44:38 PM

It is always important for each individual investor to do their own research and decide if they're comfortable with the investment.  In the relatively unregulated environment of ICO's, it really leaves it up to the individual to determine a lot of these things.  You can never have enough information about a project to make your decision.
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:48:40 PM

Yes I think it's safe to say that it is safe to participate in ICO's however you really can not tell which ones are scam not unless the ICO had ended because there are some who will not pay you and just leave the participants hanging and can't do anything about it but just move on to the next. That's just the downside of it, but you can also do a research on everything about the project if you have time to know if the ICO is legit or not too.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
Krissmak

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:52:48 PM

Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

There will also be competition, which means there will be ICO's popping up left, right and center so i can see your point.
Recently, more and more ICO's are becoming scams and with the ICO landscape moving so much. I guess i would say, do not invest what you cant afford to loose.

Everyone knows the upside to the right investment at this stage but that window is getting smaller, its going to be like trying to find a needle soon.

I use tokenschedule.com to view my ICO's. I like the presentation of all the information being at the click of a button. This helps me filter out the Scam ICO's so I dont waste time.

I'd say another tip would be to join their telegram channel https://t.me/tokenschedule

All the best.
Iamlegit4sure

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

💲

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:02:27 PM

i would say NO ICO is safe. EVER. it's simple: you cannot predict market behaviour. you can only minimize risk

BitcoinCurve~

Activity: 80
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:07:10 PM

In the past there has been a few malicious wallets looking to steal other coins mainly Bitcoin ones. Install alt coins in a virtual box and you should be okay.
Franko30

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:14:58 PM

I think investing is always risky, so you need to make a choose and be ready to lose your money. Usually  investing is long term process and you can returned your money after year or two. So u need for investing that amount of money that you can lose.
If you are interesting in investing take a look to smart contracts area, i believe it can change a lot in our life. https://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/10/25/top-4-best-ico-platforms-managing-smart-contracts/. Btw, in this four i interesting more in Confideal
blockchainvault

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 01:16:29 PM

If you're smart about it, it's really not hard to detect the fake ICOs from the real ones.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:16:58 PM

There are risks involved of course. I'm sure you have heard of scamcoins that goes in and out or just get delisted in exchanges very quickly. You should think twice when investing in them and I prefer that you read articles about them that came from reputable news organization or sites.

Exactly once. Although now an awful lot of the ICO has a future or a good project but is now also much ico who are just looking for a Fund and then disappear or are often said to be scamcoins. So, it would be much better we see all the ICO with detail and don't ever be fooled by the manipulation of the results of revenue crowdfunding (ICO) that exists therein. More wise in looking for the best and ICO never triggered with the word sweet
SenSeiSoKo

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:31:56 PM

It is a high risk... But what exactly is meant by safe to invest... you can loose money doesn't matter if scam or not so be careful good night or day or whatever the whole market is crazy there are good and bad investments
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:20:25 AM

It is a high risk... But what exactly is meant by safe to invest... you can loose money doesn't matter if scam or not so be careful good night or day or whatever the whole market is crazy there are good and bad investments
Yes and you need to know first and investigate before you do invest. Too many ico were created and only few are truly have a good plans and projects that will take us in longer use.

Coinve.st

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

Coin ● https://coindefi.org

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 06:39:27 AM

Here is my strategy for investing in ICO's...

First and foremost:
- Team
- Traction
- Idea / Concept

Team
First and foremost, I invest in people. The questions I ask are:
-  Are these individuals I can trust and share the same values with?
-  What experience does the team have in this space and is it relative to the problem they are solving?
-  Is there specific IP that the team has that offers a competitive advantage?

Traction
Traction enables me to understand someone's passion, hustle, and results over a period of time. The question I ask here is:
-  What traction has the team achieved over the past quarter, six months, etc?
-  Is there a proof-of-concept, MVP, prototype, or live product?

Idea / Concept
It's never about the idea. It's always about the execution. Hence why this ranks lower than traction. The questions I ask are:
-  What problem does this solve?
-  Is there utility in the coin other than a means of exchange?
-  Is this an idea that I'm passionate about and care to offer value to?
-  Is the idea / concept aligned with my values?

The answers to all of these questions give me a good sense on whether or not I should invest.  While it is still possible to make money from momentum investing, I recommend everyone employing due diligence and ask the same questions above prior to making an investment.

Valzzz005

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:56:44 AM

Yes it is safe to participate in some ICOs but not all of them because we all know that a lot of ICOs out there that  are just a scam so better watch out of that kind of ICOs. So for you to get away from that scam, you should probably check those whitepaper probablybread those because if those ICOs that you are joining to doesn't have that it is absolutely a scam. And those people behind those projects must be legit and professionals because there are a lot of project that there people are just an hoax they do not exist they just invent names so for in order to be safe check carefully those ICOs that you are gonna invest in.
Moz90

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:59:27 AM

As long as you do proper research on the ico's and make sure they are not scammers, then yes it is safe but only invest what you are willing to lose.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: