Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:27:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if another altcoin surpasses BTC in value?  (Read 3916 times)
DonnieMitchel

Activity: 194
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:02:50 PM

Not gonna happen in a million years time
Ferki

Activity: 266
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:17:44 PM

When Bitcoin prices starts falling, every single altcoin starts doing the same thing, so i really don't see this happening! If Bitcoins dies, the whole crypto space will die with it.
keziakusayang

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:20:27 PM

chances are it's possible but it's difficult and it might take a long time for another coin for a higher price with bitcoin, I personally will not sell my bitcoin because I'm sure in the future the bitcoin price will be high.
ikiscream

Activity: 205

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:43:31 PM

jika altcoin melebihi harga btc, maka saya akan memindahkan koin saya ke altcon
VIC-btcforum

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 06:58:07 PM

BTC has a huge advantage, being here first, but i don t see why not in the future.
Collinberg

Activity: 407
Merit: 14

Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 07:40:24 PM

In my opinion,it's not always about price,it's about value and technology and if you believe in that technology
I have loved bitcoin from day 1 that I discovered it's existence and even if other alts eventually surpasses it (which I think is highly unlikely anyways),I would keep holding my Bitcoin.

thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:16:39 AM

I'd probably switch to that coin because I want to make as much profit. When the price of bitcoins crashes hard however, I'd secretly buy some bitcoins so in case the price of bitcoins splashes back to $20,000 or higher, then I'd sell hard everything I bought when the crash occurred.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:59:48 AM

I think that Ethereum may surpass Bitcoin. The current market capitalization of Bitcoin is 138.2 billion U.S. dollars, and the market value of Ethereum is 50.9 billion U.S. dollars. ETH is now the only coin that has potential beyond bitcoin.
almost all or all Ethereum users are bitcoin users you know, because they think Ethereum is also a alternative investment that profitable, that's why Ethereum marketcap is huge because it has great potential in the future, so most bitcoin users have a backup investment in Ethereum, but I don't think that ETH could take over bitcoin position
fndsr

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:24:20 AM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.
I think all coins have their own characteristics and have weaknesses and advantages in each of its coins if the price of the coin you are referring to it increases rather than bitcoin of course I will stick with bitcoin because we know the excess bitcoin is very much

▄▄▄
               ▄▄███████▄▄
           ▄▄████▀▀   ▀▀████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄▄
   ▄▄████▀▀    ██       ██    ▀▀████▄▄
▄████▀▀        ███     ███        ▀▀████▄
███             ███   ███             ███
 ███             ███ ███             ███
  ███             █████             ███
   ███            ▐███▌            ███
    ███         ▄▄██▀██▄▄         ███
     ███      ▄████   ████▄      ███
      ███    ▐█  █▌   ▐█  █▌    ███
       ███    ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀    ███
        █████████████████████████
DOC.
Tailor

▄█████▄
 ██▀   ▀██
▐█       █▌                    ▄▄▄█████████
 ██▄   ▄██                 ▄▄███████████▀▀
  ▀████████████▄▄       ▄███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▄ ▄█████████▀▀
               ▀██████████▀▀
               ▄██████████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀ ▀█████████▄▄
  ▄███████████▀▀        ▀███████████▄▄
 ██▀   ▀██                 ▀▀███████████▄▄
▐█       █▌                    ▀▀▀█████████
 ██▄   ▄██
  ▀█████▀
Unique self-customizing
smart legal contract platform

Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬
IEO: Jul 20th
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:25:57 AM

chances are it's possible but it's difficult and it might take a long time for another coin for a higher price with bitcoin, I personally will not sell my bitcoin because I'm sure in the future the bitcoin price will be high.
Chances are always there no doubt about it, because still a lot of altcoins are there who have very good potential and even people are also taking too much interest to invest money in such altcoin, but i think that it is not easy so early, because still most of the people interest is in bitcoin and still they are welling to invest their money in bitcoin and ensure a good profit from there. Therefore in current time there are very few chances that another crypto currency will surpasses bitcoin value.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Lamborgini

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 03:30:20 AM

I do not think this will happen.
Maybe my assumption is too selfish, but I think Bitcoin will still have the highest value in the market cap.
Until now no one has been able to beat the price of Bitcoin, but always appear altcoin-altcoin new aims to beat the price of Bitcoin.
I think Bitcoin is created with the most advanced technology that is difficult to conquer by other coins.
xhoondilan

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:30:38 AM

I think it's not easy to surpass bitcoin although we can't say that no other crypto will, because in crypto world there are many competitors aiming to be the highest value of crypto. So if there are so many cryptocurrency then it would be hard to surpass bitcoin because the popularity is devide.
hrz

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:36:41 AM

it is impossible, other altcoin can rival the price of btc, I think other alcoin can not develop coins like btc because btc price is very expensive other coins will not be able to balance the price with btc.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:42:09 AM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

There are a lot of implications actually but if the value surpasses bitcoin, then it would replace bitcoin as the reigning cryptocurrency in the market. There are a lot of factors to consider especially if an altcoin surpasses bitcoin in value. If in the price graph it showed tremendous skyrocketing of its price, then people would prefer that altcoin compared to others, thus increasing its demand and supply in the market. Basically, what will happen to that altcoin will be the thing that is HAPPENING CURRENTLY into bitcoin.
A lot of professional market/trader analysts would discuss and give their opinions, banks would shift their focus into that altcoin and governments would see it again as a boon or a bane towards the economy.

I think it's not easy to surpass bitcoin although we can't say that no other crypto will, because in crypto world there are many competitors aiming to be the highest value of crypto. So if there are so many cryptocurrency then it would be hard to surpass bitcoin because the popularity is devide.

Typically, the price of bitcoin is directly proportional to the price of altcoins. So when the price of bitcoin increases expect the prices of altcoin to increase most of the time. Though sometimes there are occurrences where the price of an altcoin increases while the price of bitcoin decreasing. But you are right that it would be difficult for some altcoins to catch-up with bitcoin in terms of its price.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Nyeyzel

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:43:01 AM

I think it will not going to happen because we all knew that bitcoin is the first digital currency and many people support it. If any altcoin surpasses bitcoin,I think the features are more developed, but it requires more years to happen, and I think it will never happen. Bitcoin will be still in the highest value of all time.
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:44:47 AM

I think that will never happen. Bitcoin is the first crypto and the founder of all cryptos. It is the mother of all cryptos and no altcoins can surprass or beat the btc. Btc will always be number one in the term of price and it's development. Whether the technology development or some other developments. Some people actually said that the eth can suprass btc because the their devs want to develop the eth protocol. It will become new, but I think that will never happen. I always believe in btc and the price of btc will indeed always going up and increase. There are also people who said that btc is just the beginning of the new era and it will replace by something bigger and better, I do not know about that.
TraderInc

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:48:41 AM

I think there are pros and cons If this happens.

Altcoins won't rely as much on BTC price if that happens, there will be shift.
Price Volatility will be more unpredictable among Altcoin's and It is already a wild west It will turn even more extreme.
It will also depend if the new King is strong like Bitcoin and maintains its no.1 position.
but geez of a there a bunch of coins taking and fighting for that number 1 position the volatility is going to turn on its head.

People don't realize It is actually a good thing that BTC maintain's its strenght at the very top.
But off course no one can say intially there is going to be extreme volatility if other alt coins start surpass bitcoin
but then like everything else the market will try to adjust to this new scenario
I really can't say if It would be good or bad.
Would love to hear other people's thoughts
jdkly

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:49:16 AM

First of all, I don't think this is a possibility. Bitcoin, as a pioneer, has a more complete system. It wants to surpass it as a reform. If there is a currency that can surpass it, I believe the industry will More powerful.
LindaFallar

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:02:31 AM

I think that no other altcoin surpasses BTC in value since BTC is the first cryptocurrency exist. If there will be chances of the existence of another altcoin, then I guess they can't still surpass BTC.
Ayyaz Mahmood

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:13:42 AM

Bitcoin is what everyone thinks of when they hear crypto currency. The name has barely even scratched the surface of educating the public.  To overtake Bitcoin you would have to erase all the progress made on saying Bitcoin is the future and that altcoins can serve other purposes. If an altcoin surpasses Bitcoin I would expect the overall market to be in alot of trouble. Another coin, such as ETH could potentially overtake in in market-cap one day, but I still think that would be a few years off. Myself, I hold BTC as well as many of the popular alts, so I would probably continue to hold a variety of promising coins including BTC if it were to ever become dethroned.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: