Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:03:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Gear offering 25% all computer and gaming glasses - Sale over!  (Read 1279 times)
jga (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

http://btcgear.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 01:22:30 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2013, 01:32:57 AM by jga

Hey, we're about to put in a new order of GUNNAR Optiks computer glasses and gaming glasses. Anyone who orders from http://www.btcgear.com before our order goes in this Friday will get 25% off with coupon code GUNNAR4BTC. We ship internationally and are proud of our excellent customer satisfaction track record.

GUNNAR Optiks are a brand of glasses that were designed for people who spend long hours staring at digital screens. Headaches and trouble focusing are among the eye strain symptoms that can be lessened and relieved by these glasses. Click here for more information about GUNNAR Optiks.

I'm not much of a gamer, but I bought my first pair of GUNNARS when I started experiencing eye strain issues that greatly affected my productivity at work. The glasses reversed the symptoms I had been experiencing within a day or two and I've now been symptom free for over a year.

When we approached GUNNAR about selling their glasses for Bitcoin they agreed with us that the group of technological early adopters who are into Bitcoin should overlap nicely with they type of digitally-centered people for whom they develop their products. We are still trying to prove that the Bitcoin market is worth going after.

I highly recommend these glasses to anyone who experiences eye strain symptoms and works in front of digital screens. Most gamers out there know about how useful these glasses can be, but it surprises me how few office dwellers have heard of them. If you have any questions about the glasses or anything else, contact us at info <<at>> btcgear <<dot>> com or just PM me.

Bitcoin simplified. - a new, simpler Bitcoin guide.
Bitcoin Hats and the newest styles from GUNNAR Optiks on sale now at BTC Gear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jga (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 01:58:50 AM

Only one day left to take advantage of this amazing deal.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:01:08 AM

let's dissect your sales pitch:

You spend most of your waking hours glued to your computer screen, smart phone, tablet or TV monitor. As the hours go by, you subject your eyes to harsh, high intensity blue light and glare from your screen. Constant viewing of digital screens can create visual stress, eye fatigue, dry eyes, irritation, and even headaches, leading to an obvious conclusion – staring at a computer for long hours can take a toll on your eyes.
That's mostly true. Except "digital screens" is a totally made up buzzword. Digital = how signals are encoded. It has nothing to do with the screen output.

GUNNARS are high-tech eyewear designed to protect, enhance and optimize vision.
Do explain how your "eyewear" are "high tech". They look like neutral density filters to me. How are they an improvement over ND filters?

GUNNARS increase contrast, comfort and focus while minimizing eye fatigue and visual stress for anyone who spends long hours staring at digital screens.
Contrast seems pretty easy to measure objectively. Can you tell me how a filter can increase contrast? I know ND filters can increase contrast, but only to allow different aperture/exposure settings. Some quick research suggests that the improved contrast comes from filtering out parts of the spectrum that humans have lower contrast perception. While this may be considered cheating, how is using your glasses advantageous compared to say, adjusting your monitor's brightness, contrast, and color manually?

Also, do you have data backing your claims of increased "comfort" and "focus"? I'm very interested in how you were able to objective test "comfort" and "focus". (bonus points if you had blinding and/or placebo)

GUNNAR eyewear is powered by i-AMP lens technology comprised of a proprietary lens material in an advanced geometry tuned for intermediate viewing distance and finished with custom formulated lens filters, tints and coatings.
WTF does "advanced geometry tuned for intermediate viewing distance" mean? Is it supposed to have an optical effect? I'm pretty sure that's what prescription glasses are for. Sounds like a fancy way of saying "reading glasses" to me.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:42:44 AM

I'm don't know jga, and I'm not affiliated with him or Gunnars in any way, but I can vouch for the product itself.  I can honestly say that since I purchased my Gunnars (about a year ago on Amazon), I've experienced less eye strain and therefore less headaches at the end of the day, every day.  In fact, I would say that it's almost completely eliminated.  I work IT for a school district, and I spend most of my day in a CLI.  Anyone that has punched away at a linux prompt for hours on end can tell you that by the end of the day, you have tunnel vision and your eyes have taken a toll.  Also, sitting under fluorescent lights can double the strain.  My Gunnars made a world of difference.  Not only to they truly increase contrast and make things clearer, but the lenses are designed to magnify things slightly at the edge of the glasses, so it almost feels like your focused field of view is larger.

Now mind you, you look like a tool wearing yellow tinted glasses.  However, they do make clear lenses as well.  They are much more expensive, but I'm sure they're worth it if you're computer use requires accurate clear color recognition.  They take about a day or two of all day wearing to get used to them, but you'll notice the difference right away.  Also, they are incredibly light.  You'll forget you had them on after a while.  Even though they are light, they are extremely durable.  They definitely don't feel cheap.  One thing that bugs me about them though is they sit very close to my eyes.  They're supposed to, as they are designed to create a humid area near your eyes(best way I can explain).  But when you have long ass eyelashes and eyebrows, you tend to have to clean them regularly through the day.  It's the only real annoyance I can find with them.

If you're not 100% certain you'll like them, or even if they will work for you, go to their website and find the nearest retailer.  I'm sure you could persuade someone to let you test them out.  Some optometrists carry these lenses as well for RX glasses... aka, eye doctors approve.  If you give them a chance, I'm sure you'll like them.  I've recommended them to all my coworkers, my mom (who writes legal ads for a newspaper, on a computer 8 hours a day), and anyone else I've talked to that ever mentions eye strain due to computer use.

Again, I'm not affiliated with jga, or Gunnars in any way.  I can't vouch for jga, or the legitimateness of his service, but I can say kudos for bringing this to a forum where people, A. look at computer screens all the time, and B. want to buy cool shit with their cryptocoins.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:28:43 AM

Any chance of getting prescription Gunnar lenses ? I remember asking this last year, but got a no. Sad
jga (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 05:33:22 PM

Any chance of getting prescription Gunnar lenses ? I remember asking this last year, but got a no. Sad

GUNNAR does sell prescription glasses, but they don't distribute them through us. They're also way more expensive. You can check out their prescription offerings at http://shop.gunnars.com/prescription-eyewear.html.

jga (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 01:34:53 AM

Sale now over! All glasses from this sale have been ordered and should be shipping out early next week.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: