Bitcoin Forum
January 20, 2018, 01:38:27 AM *
News: Electrum users must upgrade to 3.0.5 if they haven't already. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Too many ICOs?  (Read 9209 times)
btcdepo

Activity: 196

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:35:08 PM

The problem is not that there are a lot of ICOs but the problem is that there are a lot of scammers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BittBurger

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:45:39 PM

There are a lot of new ICO's, but if you are connected in the scene you will start to see the ones that "bubble to the top".   Hype is everything, and its important to invest in the ones that have sufficient hype.   If the project is an obvious joke, but the hype is insane, its worth investing for a quick flip. 

If you can find one that has hype AND an incredible team and concept (like ICON and 0x Project), then you've found the holy grail.   But in a sense, its pretty easy to avoid the stupid ICO's because they get no hype, do no marketing, and you maybe hear about them once. 

Keep an eye on the "ANN" announcement forum here.  If it has less than 10 or 15 pages on their announcement thread, the hype is too low.  For example, some of the bigger ones had 100+ pages.

Look in their telegram and see how many members.  See how many subscribed to their Reddit.   And facebook.  And find people who know ICO's well and talk with them as far as whats the 'buzz' around town.

There is a way to do this intelligently and effectively.  But it takes effort.  If you are lazy, I would avoid this scene like the plague.  You'll end up throwing money at crap projects and losing it.

-B-

Bitcoin's true purpose defined in Satoshi's message on the Genesis Block:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
hdtqisg

Activity: 294

OAX - OPEN TRANSPARENT DECENTRALIZED

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:31:10 PM

Do you feel lately there have been too many ICOs that have entered in the market?
How do you perceive this? Does it portray that crypto is getting popular everyday now?
Or does it mean that its just a trending business nowadays and people who are founding/investing on these ICOs are just using these to make billions themselves with the sole purpose of profit and not enough invention is being offered?

Yes! This year many coin ICO and most all coin used ETH blockchain teck! Very easy to creat a coin IT coder so may be more scam project after ICO finished

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 430

hmm

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:35:23 PM

I'm totally agree with you. There are too many ICO's now we need some sort of filter for altcoins and ICO's, because in this sea of ICO's half of them or more just of scam for getting easy money. This is totally gold-rush. Sometimes I'm looking for a days for a good ICO.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
yorklab

Activity: 200

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:52:25 PM

I think there are too many ICOs, but that's because it's easy to do without any regulation. There are more and more countries who are either banning them or at least looking into them now, and that includes the SEC. When they are all regulated, most of the bad ICOs will disappear, so we should be left with only quality coins to invest in.

For now, I'm staying away from ICOs, I don't want to get caught in one that becomes banned, or investigated.

ZenCash  The world's first private, distributed, and reliable platform for communications, transactions, and publishing.
slack   ▄▄   ANN Thread   ▄▄   Blog   ▄▄   Telegram   ▄▄   forum   ▄▄   twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:15:29 AM

I totally agree that there are too many ICO appearing in the market, most of them are  scam and copycat coins with no solid purpose, some of the coin developers just looking from chances to make profit, their purpose is not to make crypto currency become better and more adaptable and most of the alt coin that being created worth zero value

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
DISCORD TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
robchch

Activity: 37

Hi I am a cryptonut from New Zealand

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:20:23 AM

It's the wild west of a new economy. Like the .com bubble back then anyone with an idea related to the Internet was handed $10's of millions by venture capitalists. Very few of those start ups survived and many got amalgamated. Same is happening now with the ico market. Anyone with an idea can raise a lot of funds. The only difference being there are no middlemen, accountants, lawyers, deal makers etc.
wavespump

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:26:14 AM

Indeed there are too many useless ICOs, they are scam to fool investors, try to avoid them.
AtraxPool

Activity: 84

Block Hunting

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:36:21 AM

90% of them are scams just idiots that moved from the hyip scams of old that have all but vanished now its ICO they can make a lot more money saying here take this token for your ETH or BTC.  90% of the tokens will be worthless there will be a lot of people shouting in the next few months about ico's that have failed or are clearly scams with scam developers scam LinkedIn profiles the works.

■ BLOCKHUNT ■ «  COMMUNITY BLOCKHUNTING - »  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2207363.0
ljtronics

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:39:22 AM

i also notice that icos are trending now
first because of the benefit of acquiring cheap price and 2nd meeting the community
but there are also disadvantage for scam icos are everywhere and usually the coin dumps lower that the ico price
everything is a risk i guess.
Same like the stock market, you can already see how saturated it is but there's also plenty of company doing well: Amazon, Apple, Google...
Maybe top 20 Altcoins or top 50 can also do well, whichever coins survive the crash (which has not seen in 2-3 years), will come out on top, that's for sure
orbitlense

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:06:37 AM

I believe, that ICO will be regulated, so the picture could change...I'm not going to begin the discussion about pros&cons of such perspective, cause there are already lot of threads on this topic, but still...it will really help in this way
babar123

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:43:05 AM

In my opinion its not bad that we get many ico, it means more competitions, and thus, some ico are gonna fail, people will start to lose money sometimes andf to invest in a smarter way, this is actually a really good thing
rajakoin1994

Activity: 210

CEDEX.com

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:06:19 AM

Yes because everyone likes money, I think by making ico will very easy to get profit (for those who have asset).
But most of them are scam, so we should be careful when choosing ICO.

max6575

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 01:59:10 PM

as investor found of interest to displace unit of involvesment with the projects as the release of offers from the new developer, the following should gives with reference as attaching of more or goes with the finale on closing and moves with different projects of ico schemes with the dedication.

BetterBetting          Betting Currency of the Future
TOKEN SALE  ❱❱  December 15th, 2017
██████████     FACEBOOK     |     TWITTER     |     TELEGRAM     ██████████
william8829

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:03:25 PM

There are many ICOs.  I wish only the good ones existed.  Bad ones take up my time.  Time I would like to use on the good ICOs. 

There are ways to tell, sometimes easily, the difference between good and bad ICO's.  I like to go to their website and see their see if they have a easy to understand idea, roadmap, whitepaper, and the team behind it.  Doing these things help determine which ICOs are good.
buxlover

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:35:30 PM

There's many bad ICOs, like there's many bad stocks.

Just have to educate yourself on which one's legitimate.

Oh yeah somebody is saying the truth. ;-)
It's always good to know what we are investing into and the ICO are like dozen of them coming every seconds. So choosing one good is the hard task now a days. I have felt it many times and that's why my investment ratio into ICO is way low now. Hope this will change soon by some way.
deppil

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:04:15 PM

There's many bad ICOs, like there's many bad stocks.

Just have to educate yourself on which one's legitimate.

Oh yeah somebody is saying the truth. ;-)
It's always good to know what we are investing into and the ICO are like dozen of them coming every seconds. So choosing one good is the hard task now a days. I have felt it many times and that's why my investment ratio into ICO is way low now. Hope this will change soon by some way.
lol that's why many users and investors are still talking about the regulation for ico when the regulation for ico is created so that the user hopes it will reduce the number of bad ico and ico scam coming, so that only the legitimate ico are present but i do not know it can be realized or not, but apart from that, you're right you have to sharpen and keep learning to look for legitimate and potential ico

▄██████████▄
           ▄██████████████▄
          █████▀      ▀█████
         ████▀          ▀████
         ▀▀▀   ▄██████▄   ███▌
     ▄▄████   ▐████████▌  ████  ▄▄
   ▄████████   ▀██████▀   ███▌ ████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀      ▐█▌     ▀▀▀  ▀█████
 ████▀          ▄█████▄          ▀████
████   ▄█████▄▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█████▄   ███▌
███▌  ▐███████▌   ███   ▐███████▌  ▐██▌
████   ▀█████▀    ▀███   ▀█████▀   ███▌
 ████▄         ▄█▄ ▀███▄         ▄████
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀       ▀▀████████▀▀
BitCloud  BTDX
A new type of decentralized currency
........Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin........
▬▬▬    • Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    ▬▬▬
ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter  Github  Slack
zikabra

Activity: 252

Titanium - Blockchain Infrastructure Services

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:12:58 PM

Do you feel lately there have been too many ICOs that have entered in the market?
How do you perceive this? Does it portray that crypto is getting popular everyday now?
Or does it mean that its just a trending business nowadays and people who are founding/investing on these ICOs are just using these to make billions themselves with the sole purpose of profit and not enough invention is being offered?
You don't have to feel that, there are too many ICO's around in last few months. It is good in one hand because people are getting interested in crypto and they will try to create nice projects but there are also cons because there will be many scams and many failed projects and people will lose money in such. Do some research before you buy tokens during ICO.

akeegan

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:40:42 PM

The only few I trust are when I got in on Civic and now, UnikoinGold. They are an esports betting and tournaments platform and their ERC20 utility token is on sale right now. Get on this quick because their ICO ends in like three weeks. I see them everywhere and Ashton Kutcher is back them. Great gem I found out about through another thread.
Jalum

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:47:28 PM

Indeed there are too many useless ICOs, they are scam to fool investors, try to avoid them.
With the amount of scams that are out in the cryptospace, it's kind of easy to make money before the scam happens. That is how we make money from trading...

...SETHER...

.......................Blockchain's first intelligent social marketing platform..........................
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Facebook   Twitter   ANN Thread   White Paper   Telegram   Medium   YouTube

...SETHER...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.