Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:21:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WalletWatcher - CryptoCurrency wallet monitoring for portfolio management  (Read 295 times)
FallingTreeDev (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:59:04 PM

Hi Guys!

I recently released my project WalletWatcher. It's an android app that allows users to monitor the balance and fiat value of multiple cryptocurrency wallets.

The idea of the app is to simplify the totalling of your crypto assets. I hated the idea of tediously manually entering the amount of bitcoin I just purchased every time using other portfolio apps. WalletWatcher allows you to simply scan the QR of the public address my coins are in and be done with it.

All data is stored on your device; there is no login or registration, and private keys are not used in any way.

You can download the app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fallingtree.crypto.walletwatcher

Any feedback, feature ideas, or support requests are greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:49:31 PM

Will you release the app in IOS? I will be glad to test it.
FallingTreeDev (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:03:46 PM

I would really like to deploy to iOS however I don't have the developer license or the funds to pay for one unfortunately. Any add revenue and donations will go towards this however it looks like that will be a long way off.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:26:25 AM

It could be very useful If you could add previous transactions, that should be achievable using SQLite or Realm for example, each time a notification is made, it's added in a local database. It's not necessary as you have real time watch but it could become handy at some point. Another thing you may want to take in consideration is the Add wallet feature, the coins listed are in RadioBoxes, It may be better to use a ComboBox because overtime, more coins will be added and It won't be displayed in a good way.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:16:02 PM

Less hassle since users will not input the purchase amount and so on.
Over 20 different fiat currencies
I saw this info in playstore, where could we see the specific list of fiat currencies included?

~snipped
Another thing you may want to take in consideration is the Add wallet feature, the coins listed are in RadioBoxes, It may be better to use a ComboBox because overtime, more coins will be added and It won't be displayed in a good way.
Or maybe the user can type as well and if the cryptocurrency is available the app will show a suggestion while if not simply put a note that the currency isn't listed yet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: