Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:53:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO shares 20% of profit  (Read 471 times)
m1m2cau (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:58:13 AM

I have a big experience in product creation (3D printing area), in building online and physical business.
Now I have a new product a physical one, it is an technological product which can be used mainly by students, young people and also artist.
The idea is to create ICO where in order to get funded I will share the 20% of profit each quarter for example.
Funds will be needed to expand the business aggressively all over the world, large investment for manufacturing and business development.

I assume that I will need to create my own token based on something already existing, which has a solid platform and maybe also anonymous one.
However I dont want to implement something "innovative" in this token because of lack of experience in blockchain technology and also because I the business model is based on sharing the profit of the company.
I just want to use blockchain as a system of fund raising and distribution of profit afterwards. So the token probably should be simple one, right?

PLAN A
- Issue around - 100M - 1B tokens
- Distribute 80% of these
- Grow business and in one year and start distribution of profit for people who detains a certain amount of my tokens.
Here is the question how can I track these people who has bought my tokens? Should the script be implemented in the token contracts so somehow I will know the owners and their wallets? Or easier just make a dashboard for every contributors where they will have control of their funds? What if people will want to trade with my token? What will be the best and logic way to transfer profit to people, what crypto currency own tokens or other tokens? How to automate the process of distribution of profit afterwards?
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
PLAN B
- At the same time launch orders of the product via ordinary payement methods this is not an issue and via crypto. I know that shopify and stripe are already supporting BTC payement for online orders.

I would like to hear all kind of thoughts about the idea in general and concerning the creation process.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lottesy

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:23:39 AM

It is not a problem at all with Ethereum's smart contracts. It is possible to make 2 in 1 - ICO and DAO smart contract.
Yes, all contributors wallets (addresses) will be stored in the blockchain.

I think at this moment 20% of profit is not a very attractive deal if people provide 100% of capital in your project. There are many project that distribute 100% of profit among token holders (founders keep some percentage of tokens to get their share).

Good luck with your project!

► The smart contract lottery ◄
Get the chance to win 10 ETH for 0.01 ETH.
http://lottesy.com (http://lottesy.com)
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 909

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:29:31 AM

You don`t know how difficult and expensive is to run and promote an ICO.
You would need a big advertising budget to promote the ICO and some dedicated team of developers.
If your ICO is about a physical product or products,i don`t think that many cryptocurrency users would support it.Those type of projects is really difficult to complete without proper organization and plan.

m1m2cau (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:54:00 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 02:06:04 PM by m1m2cau

It is not a problem at all with Ethereum's smart contracts. It is possible to make 2 in 1 - ICO and DAO smart contract.
Yes, all contributors wallets (addresses) will be stored in the blockchain.

I think at this moment 20% of profit is not a very attractive deal if people provide 100% of capital in your project. There are many project that distribute 100% of profit among token holders (founders keep some percentage of tokens to get their share).

Good luck with your project!

Actually I ment that 20% of a total companies profit = 100M tokens will be distributed. So according to the number of tokens you will detain, system will calculate percentage of the profit you will get, so each single token will gain a revenue. Does it still make sense?

You don`t know how difficult and expensive is to run and promote an ICO.
You would need a big advertising budget to promote the ICO and some dedicated team of developers.
If your ICO is about a physical product or products,i don`t think that many cryptocurrency users would support it.Those type of projects is really difficult to complete without proper organization and plan.

I can imagine how difficult it should be, I have quite good experience in online marketing for physical products so I think the ICO advertising should not be very different. I saw a lot of platforms all over the internet that propose to promote your campaign for success fees as well as for a fixed cost.
I was thinking to make a very basic token so should I still keep in mind to keep a developer in a constant basis?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: