Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:32:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calibrae - Cryptocurrency and Forum based on SporeDB technology - Presale now on  (Read 1020 times)
lokiverloren (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:46:45 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2017, 01:43:36 PM by lokiverloren

Calibrae is a cryptocurrency, forum, and e-commerce platform built on the new technology from the SporeDB project https://gitlab.com/SporeDB/sporedb, and uses Ed25519 EC keys, blake2s hashes github.com/ArtemKulyabin/cryptostack, Reed Solomon encoding https://github.com/templexxx/reedsolomon for Reliable UDP https://github.com/xtaci/kcp-go p2p network and transcription keys for secret keys, and the financial ledger will be based on the Tendermint Basecoin library, though the replication of the database will not be performed via the Tendermint blockchain protocol. It is being written in Golang and will compile for any x86 based platform, and perhaps not quite so optimised, for ARM based devices, and will be released in precompiled binary form for linux amd64, windows and mac platforms, and others, if possible, later.

The first draft of the Whitepaper can be seen here: https://git.calibr.ae/calibrae/spawn/blob/master/whitepaper.md and is also available in pdf format here: https://git.calibr.ae/calibrae/spawn/blob/master/whitepaper.pdf

Presale

The Presale can be seen at https://calibr.ae where the offerings for those interested in supporting the development of the system can be found.

About Calibrae

It is important to explain that this is not an ICO. There will be no tradeable tokens available to purchase before the network goes live. Instead, those who run servers that power the network are granted a non-liquidatable stake upon running their node for a full 24 hours, and from this stake they acquire the right to staking payments, which they submit to the network periodically, and are paid in accordance to their staked amount, divided by their ranking in the reputation system. It is possible to convert these staking payments back out, but the network will refuse to grant staking rewards to a server account under the initial minimum amount, as well as refusing to liquidate this initial stake, so, it's not money, but a necessary requirement that creates the base currency supply upon which basis the issuance rate is derived, which will be at 5% per year, the basis of which will be the supply irrevocably locked up as non-transferrable stake for server accounts in the initial, cryptocurrency phase of the network.

The advantages that are offered by these presale items have to do with increasing the voting influence of their server node, and later on, also in the forum that is planned. The network punishes detected attempts to propagate false transactions to the network as well as to attempt to vote for transactions that fail the quorum, as part of its security against corrupt data being stored in the distributed database, so even if a malicious player buys in, and then proceeds to try and poison the network, they will erode the advantage that they got paying in to the development funding pool. So it would be stupid to do this, but regardless of this, there will probably be those who will try, and of course this will necessitate regular security audits to ensure that any holes that are found by blackhats (or, for that matter, white and greyhats) are plugged up.

The Calibrae Spawn server software is in early phases of development, and currently is only being developed by volunteers, who are also working towards the acquisition of funds to pay coders and other necessary personnel to run the development process and market the project.

Calibrae is not a blockchain, but rather, a decentralised, crowd-sourced granular, consensus trust computation, distributed database and application platform

Another distinction of this project is that it does not use a blockchain model for replication of data. Instead, within the database itself, the data is stored in a certified format by the server nodes operating the network, and the replication process is much faster as instead of it being required to first transmit the full, mingled ledger, and then play the transaction log back, the nodes directly replicate the database state, either wholesale as for initial rollout, or piecemeal out of the structured format of the database so that nodes that have become out of date only have to request the parts of the database that are outdated.

It also does not include the supposedly privacy enhancing multiple, dynamic addresses used by most cryptocurrencies. Similar to the model used with Steem, and for that matter, most distributed databases, each account has one unique identifier, and a key pair for signing, verification, and the basis of the encrypted messaging system based on xtaci's reliable UDP library.

Development Roadmap

We have a multi-stage development plan laid out, and the initial release will be for the server operators earning staking rewards from a 5% per annum increase of supply, derived from the initial stake granted by the network to operational servers, and calculated completely upon the basis of the actual uptime of the server node. Depending on the results of the presale, which aims at a target of around $400,000 initial seed funding, we may also add a special development account with a boosted stake reward equal to 5% of the supply that can be distributed (out of the 5% per year amount) which decays at a rate of 1% per day, meaning after about 6 months the increase is under 1% of the total supply allocation, and dwindles to zero within 2 years.

The second phase of development is in the social network forum and messaging system. The social network will be built with a full set of languages built in, and the web application is served directly by most types of full nodes in the network, as well as shard nodes that read-only replicate only specific languages. Outside of staking rewards for full, internet routable nodes, when the forum is in operation, built into the node.js web application served up by nodes, is a grant of a 5% share of the rewards allocated by the voting system in the forum to the server operators. This is available to any node that holds the database that is required by the application, including such as sharded language specific 'mirror' nodes which provide access to both the ledger as well as one or several specific languages. The purpose of this is to lower the hardware and connectivity requirements to participate in the network.

Security for the client-side application

The use of a client-side application delivered by servers is also protected by the covert certification process that ensures that all nodes serving the application are serving the canonical, and preferably current, version of the application. Note that the wallet application, which will be developed to be released alongside the launch of the initial cryptocurrency network, will be accessible by running a full node, and of course, if the full node has a listener on an internet routeable address, this node is able to win staking rewards as well. This simplifies the access to the application, though we would want native desktop versions and mobile versions based on the same code available, and will be implemented at least initially by directly integrating the node.js app into native application frameworks for Android, iOS, and also, of course, Electron, for desktop systems.

Security mechanisms for protecting the integrity of the database

The mechanism that will operate to ensure that malicious behaviour by server operators does not cause damage to the integrity of the data in the network, is from several methods. The reputation system forms the basis of this, and a reputation ledger is attached to each account that records consensus decisions about the trustworthiness of account holders, that can be in part automatically degraded due to repeated attempts to poison the network, thus reducing the ability of such nodes to upvote bogus transactions, and it will extend further with the rollout of the forum to also include the results of crowd-sourced judgement of alleged bad behaviour by both simple forum accounts as well as server accounts. Running altered versions of the web application front-ends will also result in degradation of the reputation of a node, as any number of malicious things could be inserted into a non-open-source modified version of the app, such as stealing passwords, assigning reward splits to the server operator that are not equal or less than the canonical, consensus level of reward allocation granted to server operators, as a way to pay them for their work and expenditures.

Reputation system

The reputation score is calculated from the range of rankings of all accounts in the network, and is multiplied as a coefficient against stake to derive voting power. This voting power operates automatically from the server operator's system, as agreed by consensus throughout the network, as well as limiting the influence of stake within the forum system. If a non-posting account is causing problems in any way, either by downvote attacks, or upvote collusion, and users on the forum perform investigations and can produce evidence of mischief, the users of the network have the power to diminish the reputation of such accounts using a mechanism based on 'muting' and 'ignoring' which puts a hold on a portion of the targeted account, based on the voting power (stake x reputation rank) of those 'shunning' the mischief maker.

The reason for building in a system like this is because of what I learned from experimenting with the very flimsy and overly simple reputation system in the Steem network, which was being actively abused by numerous high stake accounts, as well as other accounts that had manipulated their reputation score in order to either bully others, or exert undue control over the witness election. Another element of this 'shunning' transaction, is that when serving up results of database searches in the forum, the posts of shunned accounts will not be passed on to the user. It was infuriating on Steemit, seeing the web application still downloading the crap from muted accounts, and briefly flashing them up on my feed of posts from myself and those I was following.

Plans for further development beyond the cryptocurrency and social network

Just to give some idea of where we will be taking it after that, will be the creation of an e-commerce system which will include the integration of both inventory and logistics management systems for multi-stage processes such as deliveries and production, and within the forum, there will be 'community' accounts, which enable a profit sharing scheme from posts made within the community forums, and include a namespace tree for multiple subforums within a community, and the owners of the community namespaces, will have the ability to delegate moderation functions that allow the protection against spam/scam/troll activity. This community system will be built into the second phase forum system, and it forms the basis of a namespace system that will grow into a full name service system.

From this point, there will also be the addition of client-side programmable relaying, enabling location obfuscation a-la Tor and I2P, as well as the use of this routing to enable fully private servers that cannot be geographically located via traffic analysis. Whether the server endpoint is a public IP address or hidden behind the routing system, we then enable the use of custom databases and associated front-end applications, much like websites, within which framework private services can be implemented. The idea will be that as well as centralised, and private secondary internal network services, it will also be possible for a service to be farmed out to other users and monetised in similar ways as the main forum network system, by allocating a share of revenue created by users paying for services of these second level network services that live within the Calibrae network.

As mentioned in the Presale, also, part of the forum system will also be a peer to peer media hosting system based on IPFS, and nodes that offer the service of delivering media files to users will by this enable the earning of an extra amount of share of the rewards splitting from users who upload content along with their text posts.

I hope that I have sufficiently explained the general outline of what the project will be delivering, please do ask questions to clarify any points and I will do my best to clear up these questions.

Thankyou for reading.

Loki

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wancho

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:06:41 PM

Is it decentralize?
ZainSpider

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:07:09 PM

Any airdrops?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
lokiverloren (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:16:10 PM

Yes, it is fully decentralised. It uses the reputation system to establish a network-wide consensus about trustworthtiness of nodes, and through this, the ability of mischief makers declines the more times they get caught out trying to fiddle the ledger, by the decrementing of their reputation score each time they are caught trying to push transactions or validate them when the network agrees they are wrong.

I'm not sure what 'airdrops' are, I am guessing that it's something like Ben Bernanke Helicopter Money... Well, in some sense, anyone who runs a server is granted a substantial amount. I am setting the amount at 7305 tokens, which enables a baseline 1 token per day staking reward for servers from this baseline. But the server stake grant is not liquid, and cannot be liquidated, only that which is earned from staking from this baseline.

The benefits of buying the limited number of accounts available in the presale is this: Voting power is limited by reputation. Reputation boosted presale accounts therefore are eligible for a greater proportion of staking reward than lesser reputation accounts, because the stake reward is calculated upon voting power, which is diminished in proportion to your relative position in the reputation rankings, which, in the initial first phase of rollout, cannot be increased from the initial state, only decreased by evidence of mischief judged by a quorum of server nodes. It is not until phase 2, when there is a forum, that you can earn a reputation boost by the upvotes from your peers, which influences your reputation upwards in proportion with their computed voting power (stake multiplied by reputation rank).
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:25:44 PM

the idea is very interesting dev,
but you need to create an interesting announcement thread
it will make this project got a lot of attention from all crypto users
thanks

wancho

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:31:02 PM

thanks

only those who have background in programming will understand that, and I'm not one of that, newbies like me, will look at things base on its appearance, so you shoud add logo of your token and the specs and present it in professional way, in that sense you will attract more people
silklich

Activity: 394
Merit: 100

i like Phore

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:35:51 PM

this is interesting project..and team has longterm loadmap.
How can i join presale?
i want to make a node.

lokiverloren (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:43:47 PM

I have tried to add a graphic to the post, but it is not rendering it, instead only creating a hyperlink to the image file.

The website at https://calibr.ae is all pretty and shiny... I didn't think of this forum as a place for such visual content, this is an OOOOOLLLLDDD circa 2005 grade php based forum.

I sorta thought that this forum was primarily populated by more technically minded folk but I guess the ICO party going on out there in the world has broadened the demographic of users here. I would like to think that the success in attracting funding would be based on informed, tech-savvy users understanding the implications of the various facets of the design of Calibrae, to see what the big deal is.

In short words, it is a system designed from the ground up to be friendly to lower powered hardware, that is highly scalable to thousands of nodes, and recovers quickly and gracefully from problems caused by connectivity problems and node failures.

@silklich: go visit https://calibr.ae - it's a Shopify web shop, and we have 5 items to choose from, from a low end option for a 50% boosted account (200 available), to a 100% boost account (also 200 available), then there is a 'community' account, which lets you grab a name for your business from the namespace before others can grab it (this will not be available until phase two rollout of the forum, 150 of these available), and then there is a lightweight database only server box, with a 200% boosted account, and a meaty 10tb media hosting server also with 200% boost, there is 100 of both server hardware offerings available.
XCNP

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:51:01 PM

Although the opening post is very long and without help of graphics reading simple plain text is always painful. On the other hand good thing is the concept is very interesting which keeps the user intact to read once one starts it. I will be digging in more and will keep in touch with the updates.
lokiverloren (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:55:17 PM

I have edited the post with some informative headings, as I mentioned, it appears that it is not possible for me to insert images. For example:

https://git.calibr.ae/calibrae/spawn/raw/master/assets/calibrae-logo-text.png

This should be a large logo with the project name next to it, but you will only see that if you click on the link it provides instead.
MrRig

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:50:04 AM

I have edited the post with some informative headings, as I mentioned, it appears that it is not possible for me to insert images. For example:

This should be a large logo with the project name next to it, but you will only see that if you click on the link it provides instead.

Your rank is too low for images to appear.

Libre Bazaar - A Decentralized Anonymous MarketplacePre-ICOAnnouncement Thread
Blockchain and Data Storage Network Coupled With P2P Anonymous Networking
User Friendly ▲▼ Anonymous ▲▼ Community Driven
Mr-Dark

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:19:24 PM

https://git.calibr.ae/calibrae/spawn/raw/master/assets/calibrae-logo-text.png

Your rank is too low for images to appear.

Hm yes it is low for images to appear. The project seems pretty cool can you make a post with images man  Cheesy. This will help in gathering attention
Mr-Dark

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:32:56 PM

thanks

Hi there the idea seemed interesting to me too but the post is lacking images Sad can you make a post with images Smiley
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:45:41 PM

thanks

Hi there the idea seemed interesting to me too but the post is lacking images Sad can you make a post with images Smiley
i think attractive Ann page would help your project being notice here inside our forum, i seen that you have a combinations of ideas on how this project
will prosper but like other project did, they make it simple but yet attractive announcement page, then add some spices with bounties and social medias
advertisement that will bring more people to invest.
lokiverloren (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:49:36 PM

We are already running a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/calibrae.project/ and group, though there is not a lot of activity yet.

I'm not sure what bounties would entail but you can't put up a bounty without having the money already to pay for it... well, not honestly, at least, and we are not yet at any stage where we have any significant funding for even just marketing, and besides, I'd rather devote the funding to development, anyway.
wancho

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:31:23 PM

We are already running a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/calibrae.project/ and group, though there is not a lot of activity yet.

I'm not sure what bounties would entail but you can't put up a bounty without having the money already to pay for it... well, not honestly, at least, and we are not yet at any stage where we have any significant funding for even just marketing, and besides, I'd rather devote the funding to development, anyway.

Token specs and token allocations. Also you need to make a new catchy ANN thread every project is like a dish on the menu. The taste and the presentation.
Mr-Dark

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:05:22 PM

Token specs and token allocations. Also you need to make a new catchy ANN thread every project is like a dish on the menu. The taste and the presentation.

Hm I think because he is a newbie he is limited to text he cannot post images and stuff
lokiverloren (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:08:20 PM

I am not new to the crypto scene but I have been involved with online forums since 2002. I have stripes, in my nasty experiences in the darkweb. I don't think it is material what I have been through but I certainly know more about this business than 99% of anyone who is reading thtis.

I don't see what worth there is in selling a genuine product against an array of scams with a scammy looking introductions, with a scammy looking introduction. I have very substantial, and altruistic reasons for launching this project. I am trying to change the world. Fly by nights have no reason to try and change the world, because its wealth of idiots and sycophants suits them quite well. I think actually my unregaled introduction post actually stands out and grabs the eye, *because it's not trying to stand out and grab the eye*.

I was reluctantly persuaded to post on this forum, because it is generally considered the 'authority' on cryptos. But anyone who thinks that this business is not riddled with scammers and scumbags is deluded, and anyone who thinks that fancy dressing is any substitute for a real product is amongst the rabble who are just looking for a pump and dump to ride. This is not a pump and dump. We are not planning to run away anywhere after this. This is our life. Every person involved is taking a serious risk of being attacked by scumbags. We mean to make a system that actually matters.
wancho

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:04:34 AM

I am not new to the crypto scene but I have been involved with online forums since 2002. I have stripes, in my nasty experiences in the darkweb. I don't think it is material what I have been through but I certainly know more about this business than 99% of anyone who is reading thtis.

I don't see what worth there is in selling a genuine product against an array of scams with a scammy looking introductions, with a scammy looking introduction. I have very substantial, and altruistic reasons for launching this project. I am trying to change the world. Fly by nights have no reason to try and change the world, because its wealth of idiots and sycophants suits them quite well. I think actually my unregaled introduction post actually stands out and grabs the eye, *because it's not trying to stand out and grab the eye*.

I was reluctantly persuaded to post on this forum, because it is generally considered the 'authority' on cryptos. But anyone who thinks that this business is not riddled with scammers and scumbags is deluded, and anyone who thinks that fancy dressing is any substitute for a real product is amongst the rabble who are just looking for a pump and dump to ride. This is not a pump and dump. We are not planning to run away anywhere after this. This is our life. Every person involved is taking a serious risk of being attacked by scumbags. We mean to make a system that actually matters.

I like your pov on the 2nd paragraph, well if you stand on your genuine belief, I'm on this project.
lokiverloren (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:59:07 AM

Sorry about this but I finally burned out on this. I have been the only one really making this happen, and though I had a few donations, I really did a lot more work than the value of these donations, but I just got so worn out from it all. I have been funding myself with a little farm of zcash miners, and I got started on this finally out of a rare turnaround in the price of Steem.

I have turned off the shop website calibr.ae because I can't afford to keep paying 29 euros a month and getting zero serious interest. I turned off the facebook page also because it was so tightly bound to the shop, and I deleted the discord server because it was just starting to really get to me how futile it all seemed... The gitlab site https://git.calibr.ae is still operational, and I will continue to work on actually building it, but don't hold your breath on how long it might take considering that it's going to be probably only me doing it for quite some time.

I would have got more code written, if I hadn't been letting people lead me astray towards making it public so soon, trying to raise funds to get it happening. I'm moving house next week, to somewhere a lot quieter and surrounded by beautiful mountains, my rent bill will be cut in half and if I can keep myself from being drawn into trying to promote the project, maybe I will actually be able to get a decent amount built.
wancho

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:08:09 AM

You just got to have some help on your project man, if you believe this project will change something then you should go for it. Hire someone who can do the marketing or help you in this thread. I can help you with what I know and what I can.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: