Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:37:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A need for a newbie donation  (Read 1266 times)
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:43:00 AM

A newbie walks into a bank and says, "I want to open to an account."

And the teller says, "Sure, no problem."

So they set up his account, and when it's all done, the newbie asks, "What's my balance?"

"Well, zero, of course. You have to deposit some money before you can have a balance."

"What!? You mean I have to put in my own money? You don't just give me free money for signing up?"

"Uh, no. We used to give away free toasters, but we stopped doing that a while ago."

"This is an outrage! I'm a newbie! I deserve free money for no reason! What do you have against newbies?"

"Nothing, we just..."

"I don't want to hear it! You'll be hearing from my lawyers!"

And the newbie storms out, never to be seen again. There's a lesson in here somewhere.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:49:18 AM

People don't just giveaway bitcoin for EVERYONE. There are some bigger giveaways but not whole-forum big.

That's true. If you would like to receive some extra Bitcoins (not very much) take a look at the list of free Bitcoin earning sites.

Yeah, I did the math. You make a lot more money per hour flipping burgers. Those sites are for suckers.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:08:55 AM

All newbies should get a donation when they visit.

Use faucets like http://coinfaucets.tk

It handles all the timers for you to make it easier to go through a lot of faucets throughout the day. Easy free BTC, Smiley.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
quantumlooper

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:13:33 AM

The minimum payout seems to be a cent.

You could make more money gambling with btc...and with less effort. Not that I would recommend doing this, either...
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:19:57 AM

You could make more money gambling with btc...and with less effort. Not that I would recommend doing this, either...

They aren't bad if you do them passively. Each site takes 5-10s so you spend about a minute every hour or two. The good thing is that as BTC goes up in value, so will your earnings. So what is worth 13 cents today could very well be worth dollars later on.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
AliceWonder

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:31:04 AM

They aren't bad if you do them passively. Each site takes 5-10s so you spend about a minute every hour or two. The good thing is that as BTC goes up in value, so will your earnings. So what is worth 13 cents today could very well be worth dollars later on.

But you can earn dollars now at minimum wage, put $1.00 into BCN and have money now later on have 7 times the 13 cents.

Those tini wini payouts are taking advantage of you.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:46:48 AM

But you can earn dollars now at minimum wage, put $1.00 into BCN and have money now later on have 7 times the 13 cents.

Those tini wini payouts are taking advantage of you.

Sorry, I figured the time I spend at work counts as earning money. Spending a minute every couple hours on the sites doesn't bother me at all. I usually do it while I'm watching tv. It's downtime regardless, so anything is better than nothing.

worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 04:22:15 AM

Who would pay for the donations?

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
Prideoflion

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 04:25:25 AM

when i first created my account.  i thought it would make me happy

So you think everyone that joins should get a donation towards their BTC address? What? The post pretty much sums it up above me.

But, think of it. I could just keep swapping ips, btc address and accounts and get unlimited amounts of bitcoin?

It does kind of break down when you think about it lol. I think he wasn't looking at the Big picture lol.
Prideoflion

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 04:26:52 AM

Who would pay for the donations?

"Somebody" would lol. I think it's easy to ask, but much harder to be specific about it. Also how much would the donations be?
Prideoflion

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 04:30:21 AM

A newbie walks into a bank and says, "I want to open to an account."

And the teller says, "Sure, no problem."

So they set up his account, and when it's all done, the newbie asks, "What's my balance?"

"Well, zero, of course. You have to deposit some money before you can have a balance."

"What!? You mean I have to put in my own money? You don't just give me free money for signing up?"

"Uh, no. We used to give away free toasters, but we stopped doing that a while ago."

"This is an outrage! I'm a newbie! I deserve free money for no reason! What do you have against newbies?"

"Nothing, we just..."

"I don't want to hear it! You'll be hearing from my lawyers!"

And the newbie storms out, never to be seen again. There's a lesson in here somewhere.

It's starts to get real odd when you start taking about "deserving". There is an old saying about "Deserving", The people who think they deserve the most frequently deserve the least.
Drezi

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:09:45 AM

Lol srs right nao?  Shocked
sunnyl

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 08:46:52 AM

Sounds great.
Breen2543

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 09:01:22 AM

What do you want to mean by donation?
Tsunamirain

Activity: 210

Incakoin= Incagold

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 01:49:19 PM

Be nice to a noob day:
Help me get some BTC.  Shocked

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 02:28:46 PM

Be nice to a noob day:
Help me get some BTC.  Shocked
NO  Angry . Just kidding Smiley Go search Google free btc faucet and you'll find some that giveaway bitcoin though very small amounts.

terman45x

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:37:35 PM

Add your address to sigature - you newer know, you migh receive donation this way
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:55:41 PM

Be nice to a noob day:
Help me get some BTC.  Shocked
NO  Angry . Just kidding Smiley Go search Google free btc faucet and you'll find some that giveaway bitcoin though very small amounts.

Or use http://coinfaucets.tk -- easier and faster as it has a timer and rotator for them, Smiley.

brishtiteveja

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:37:12 AM

Who will give the donation... Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: