Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:22:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To mine or invest?  (Read 4996 times)
rockie2000

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Waves address 3PP4npcijfECsxrf4Ms4rSxPuZq1kamGn7H

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:38:47 AM

For nwbie like me, i just focus on mining because i don't know whole the system of bitcoin. So, i read the forum more often and ask if i don't understood. Because i think personaly is too early for investment, it will be a lot risk if we don't understand about bitcoin.

i think that investing is much more easier compared to mining if your a newbie in the world of crypto because in investing all you have to do is to buy that coins and hold it as long as you have a good capital but in mining you need to do a lot of technical stuff and research  in order to get started and it also cost way too much compared to investing, so overall i wont recomend mining if your a newbie and dont understand much about how stuff works.
No, investing is a lot harder than mining for a newcomer, you just cant looking for a coin on a forum and blindly following whatever they read then expecting it to rise, you need a technical analysis for it and detailed plan, you must research what the project infrastructure offer. you cant wildly buy a coin that people suggest you must research on your own.

Well, I don't think so. Investing is more simple than setting up and maintaining mining rigs. However thing key here is to invest at the right moment.
With mining it's more difficult to learn, set up and maintain but you get stable and more predictable income.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:13:31 AM

For nwbie like me, i just focus on mining because i don't know whole the system of bitcoin. So, i read the forum more often and ask if i don't understood. Because i think personaly is too early for investment, it will be a lot risk if we don't understand about bitcoin.

i think that investing is much more easier compared to mining if your a newbie in the world of crypto because in investing all you have to do is to buy that coins and hold it as long as you have a good capital but in mining you need to do a lot of technical stuff and research  in order to get started and it also cost way too much compared to investing, so overall i wont recomend mining if your a newbie and dont understand much about how stuff works.
No, investing is a lot harder than mining for a newcomer, you just cant looking for a coin on a forum and blindly following whatever they read then expecting it to rise, you need a technical analysis for it and detailed plan, you must research what the project infrastructure offer. you cant wildly buy a coin that people suggest you must research on your own.

Well, I don't think so. Investing is more simple than setting up and maintaining mining rigs. However thing key here is to invest at the right moment.
With mining it's more difficult to learn, set up and maintain but you get stable and more predictable income.
If you mean by investing is choosing a coin that others suggest/pick then wildly and blindly follow it, of course, it easier than mining. Investing need deep knowledge, experience and proper research with a detailed plan. In other hands, mining, you need to calculate the electricity cost then choose a miner that has a feature automatic profit switching and you are ready to go. Setting the rigs and maintaining it easier there are many guides on internet about that
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:19:40 AM

You'd think so but I disagree. Investing is much more about luck compared to mining. Mining, eventually will pay itself off (granted you know what you're doing), whereas investing can burn you big time. Especially day trading. I like mining to be honest. I don't like day trading and speculating. I'm on my way to building my own mining farm. Which I've very much looking forward to. I like checking the machines and troubleshooting'em. There's something very comforting even about the noise ahahah.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:31:42 AM

You'd think so but I disagree. Investing is much more about luck compared to mining. Mining, eventually will pay itself off (granted you know what you're doing), whereas investing can burn you big time. Especially day trading. I like mining to be honest. I don't like day trading and speculating. I'm on my way to building my own mining farm. Which I've very much looking forward to. I like checking the machines and troubleshooting'em. There's something very comforting even about the noise ahahah.
No, investing didn't depend on luck but it can be learned and predictable, although it takes a lot of time to learn it, in the end,  it will give you a lot of profit and satisfy you.
franco123

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

This is kinda confusing because mining is also investing. Mining takes up capital for equipment and so you are also investing into those equipments expecting a return from mining activity.

But if you mean by investing by buying Bitcoins, well that would be different. Wait until the market is down. Wait for the upcoming events this November to end because analysts say Bigcoin price will go down and go up again after this month.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:54:41 PM

This is kinda confusing because mining is also investing. Mining takes up capital for equipment and so you are also investing into those equipments expecting a return from mining activity.

But if you mean by investing by buying Bitcoins, well that would be different. Wait until the market is down. Wait for the upcoming events this November to end because analysts say Bigcoin price will go down and go up again after this month.
good thing explaining this fact mate because its really needed to informed people that mining is also investing not only with your equipment but also with your time, better to make sure that you understand it correctly before starting this venture, its an profitable investment but its really takes time and good knowledge before you can gain good earnings.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:29:32 PM

good thing explaining this fact mate because its really needed to informed people that mining is also investing not only with your equipment but also with your time, better to make sure that you understand it correctly before starting this venture, its an profitable investment but its really takes time and good knowledge before you can gain good earnings.
Mining is also kind of investment, however in mining you just need to used a lot of time together with electricity. For me it's better to invest in different site like trading, because if you notice investment in mining is consuming a lot of money or bitcoin due to expensive equipment.
Therefore also you need low price of electricity, in that part in our country electricity is too much expensive so this is not applicable for me.
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:54:30 AM

I think OP means that investing in other sites or mining, yes we all know that mining is form of investment but it would need to have huge capital unlike to invest in other site which has minimum amount of investment with corresponding percentage of interest.
For me both method is good to have but it will always depend on the capacity of one person and what is they really want to do.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:30:51 PM

Hey, total newbie here looking to break into collecting coins lol

What is the most effective way to start?
How much would it cost to build a setup to mine verses just investing?

Mining needs too much investment as well as stash and hardware in order to have a start up in this lean field. It would cost no less than 2500 - 10k USD to buy all the equipment you need to begin with mining during current days. Investing in Bitcoins will also be very expensive but it gives much better returns as well as possess less risks compared to mining where your electricity could cost higher or even cut off which will lessen the efficiency of your mining equipment.
coin163

Activity: 462
Merit: 281

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:56:39 PM

both way have their own risk.
Mine you need invest a lot to start and only get return after about 6 - 8 months and depend on the market price too.
Invest small amount and you would start at anytime, jump in any waves. Some time lose some time big win. But this way will be nice to start firstly

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5245436.0

Disposable surgical Face Mask with CE, FDA Approved for sell.
airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:29:33 AM

Hey, total newbie here looking to break into collecting coins lol

What is the most effective way to start?
How much would it cost to build a setup to mine verses just investing?
it would be good if you study a trusted place of investment and also not.
trading investment, this may be the most effective way to get started or get bitcoin.
usually in this way often in the limit with the capital.
usually also you can find trading and do not need investment first.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:30:27 PM

Preferably, is investing parts of the funds into the mining industry. By investing in a fund, you have a few advantages.
Because,
1. Crypto coin mining is not as easy as it was once, there is still something good for the long terms investors.
2. The factors that influence on the profitability of the mining. These factors included the cost of hardware, hash rate, electricity rate, Bitcoin difficulty etc. So before going into the actual process, let first explore the factors that affect the bitcoin mining process.
Following are the main factors affecting the overall process of bitcoin mining and its profitability:
* Hash Rate
* Bitcoin Difficulty
* Coins Per Block
* Pool fees
* Power consumption, and
* Electricity Rate
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: