Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:15:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: best exchange to sell 10 BTC  (Read 1170 times)
metalbean (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:23:45 AM

Due to some urgent needs, I need to take profit from ~10 BTCs for USD. Not right away but probably in a week or two. Am not a big timer, so 10 BTC is quite alot for me. Wink

Can anyone suggest which major exchange offers the best rates? It's easy to look at coinmarketcap but I gather there might be hidden charges - withdrawal fees, spread etc, bank charges even. I am already on Kraken if it's worth knowing but am good to go at any trusted exchanges.

For those of you active traders, advice highly appreciated Smiley

Use LocalBitcoins, friend! That is the place you can sell very quickly your 10 Bitcoins without needing Identification or SMS verification - 100% anonymous. They will deposit directly to your bank. That is my recommendation to you.
Most of the users here have suggested localbitcoins, because of the legitimate and flawless service rendered around most of the localities. Another important thing is that localbitcoins is one among the five recognized platform for trading. Right now rather than selling its good to keep hold of the bitcoins. This gives assured profit as price keeps growing continuously.

Thanks Kenny.

Yes, right now I rather hold than sell but these are special circumstances.

Another reason I am not fully comfortable (or acclimatize rather) with LBC is that if I sell in say 0.5 btc each I will have 20 trades, would my bank feel weird that I am getting all these transaction this month when normally the account is pretty dormant. My bank is in Singapore fwiw in SGD and USD currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:57:26 AM

If i have so much bitcoin then i will use bitstamp as the place of exchange. Bitstamp has a very good reputation to date, so you can feel safe in doing various transactions there. One of your alternatives can use localbitcoins to attract funds to local currency. You can find buyers who have a reputation and a place that one area with you. Select and adjust to your needs, because it will end in the decision you choose.
Vanellsworth

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:29:18 AM

Poloniex.com  Grin Grin
Btrain4567

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:55:00 AM

If you are in a legitimate situation and have a bank account, you probably want kraken.com (supports bank wires, insignificant fees). Note that for the kind of volumes that you mention, the bank will report you to IRS, who might take interest in you.
If you want cash and anonymity, you probably want localbitcoins.com or the marketplace that is included in Mycelium.
Another way to spend this BTC would be to use some of the numerous credit card options - some are anomymous
metalbean (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:22:08 AM

If you are in a legitimate situation and have a bank account, you probably want kraken.com (supports bank wires, insignificant fees). Note that for the kind of volumes that you mention, the bank will report you to IRS, who might take interest in you.
If you want cash and anonymity, you probably want localbitcoins.com or the marketplace that is included in Mycelium.
Another way to spend this BTC would be to use some of the numerous credit card options - some are anomymous

I can only be anonymous if I take cash (or cash card type) through localbitcoins, else it would still be a bank transfer so the IRS issue is not solved. I'd feel safer it it's wired than to receive 10 BTC worth of cash.
jhonbravo

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:24:15 AM

Due to some urgent needs, I need to take profit from ~10 BTCs for USD. Not right away but probably in a week or two. Am not a big timer, so 10 BTC is quite alot for me. Wink

Can anyone suggest which major exchange offers the best rates? It's easy to look at coinmarketcap but I gather there might be hidden charges - withdrawal fees, spread etc, bank charges even. I am already on Kraken if it's worth knowing but am good to go at any trusted exchanges.

C-Cex or Hitbtc even in Yobit
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:46:18 AM

I don’t know the best but you can try localbitcoins.com they help to find the guys around you that want to buy bitcoins from you, but also you can check out exchangers to sell your bitcoins to but  you should be careful with exchangers
ameliana

Activity: 887

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:19:25 PM

Thanks guys for all the wonderful suggestions Smiley

Suggestion to use Bitstamp or Kraken the most, or maybe even bittrex. My Kraken account is already verified so that's a good start, but I am good to verify with new exchanges it usually take a few days but I can wait (just hope prices doesn't fall, unlikely though lol)

Arbitrage for bitcoins won't be alot but 1% saved will be 400USD so that's still alot of money to me. Someone also suggested Gemini, and they seem to have good rates on coinmarketcap but I have heard little about them, maybe it's just me.

I can spread the 10 BTCs into 10 or more trades to avoid a big trade if needed, trades can be executed for a few days. Unless there's a reason to do a big trade (save on fees?)

Localbitcoins have inferior price to buyer, you pay more as a buyer, so does that mean you get more as a seller? I've purchased before on localbitcoins and I get charged slightly higher than exchanges, though it might be just be me in local currencies.

Thanks again.

Answer many is to bitstamp and kraken. And you have verified your account.So, keep it safe your Bitcoin because I think 10 BTC is very much.
swscowods

Activity: 419

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:34:43 AM

There are lots and lots of exchangers out there and these exchangers give you their own prices, the only exchanger I’ve been working with for long is localbitcoins.com, these guys are the best because they aren’t going to be involved in any transaction directly, they just act as escrow between you and the buyer or seller
bengems

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:10:09 AM

When it comes conversion of my alt to fiat, I have high trust rate on bitstamp. ..I often use bitstamp

Alternatives:
Kraken
Cex

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:15:08 AM

Thanks guys for all the wonderful suggestions Smiley

Suggestion to use Bitstamp or Kraken the most, or maybe even bittrex. My Kraken account is already verified so that's a good start, but I am good to verify with new exchanges it usually take a few days but I can wait (just hope prices doesn't fall, unlikely though lol)

Arbitrage for bitcoins won't be alot but 1% saved will be 400USD so that's still alot of money to me. Someone also suggested Gemini, and they seem to have good rates on coinmarketcap but I have heard little about them, maybe it's just me.

I can spread the 10 BTCs into 10 or more trades to avoid a big trade if needed, trades can be executed for a few days. Unless there's a reason to do a big trade (save on fees?)

Localbitcoins have inferior price to buyer, you pay more as a buyer, so does that mean you get more as a seller? I've purchased before on localbitcoins and I get charged slightly higher than exchanges, though it might be just be me in local currencies.

Thanks again.

I've heard some bad stories with localbitcoins. People do purchase accounts with trust and whatnot; be careful with who you deal with if you choose to go down that path. Also, I suggest you stay away from
Coinbase if it was ever in your thought process. Fees are just ridiculous with Coinbase, and overall, the system is looked down upon amongst heavy Bitcoin exchangers.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:37:02 AM

I think it will always depends on which country do you live, local exchange that support some local banks in you country will be good.
For Kraken; Fees vary depending on the volume - for main trading pairs this is between 0.1-0.35% - however for other less common crypto pairs the range can be as low as 0.05% or as high as 0.75%. There are also 0% fees for traders offering liquidity. Withdrawals and deposits are variable depending on the method - although in general all fees are 0.19% with a $20 minimum.
However, from some reviews, it seems that bitstamp is a better exchange than Kraken. https://coinpedia.org/exchange/bitstamp/
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:35:03 PM

I would advice you to find a trusted buyer in Localbitcoins and get the cash directly deposited to your bank account. This is the fastest method. If you go through exchanges such as Kraken, then they can take as much as 1 week to process your fiat withdrawal request.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:54:59 PM

Virtually every reputable sites that have the option of withdrawal using fiat can make this option available without too much difficulty. 10btc is a whole lot of money but mere looking at various orders on the market if exchange platforms will show its just a piece of what others are ordering without even blinking an eye over it. I wouldn't want to transact such amount of deal offline especially not with a stranger on localbitcoin.
asadul

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:16:44 PM

Use LocalBitcoins, friends! You can sell your 10 bitcoines without the need for identification or sms verification very quickly - 100% anonymous users will submit it directly to your bank. It is my recommendation to me. It keeps getting incrementally incremented and ensures it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: