Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:25:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fighting the ico scammy signature campaigns  (Read 405 times)
InvoKing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 08:42:45 PM

Recently many ico signature campaigns started to attract people. I will not talk about whether some ico = scam or not but i will talk about some signature campaigns running for a limited time and indicating that they will pay the users only if they reach X amount.
What's the difference between it and the scammy investments in the investor scammer-based games?
I am asking to prohibit it and to tag everyone promoting it with red!

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:53:07 PM

You got that right, brother.  But apart from railing against these low class shit posters, there isn't much
the forum is going to collectively do.  What probably should be done is to restrict who can apply to
them, i.e., senior members only.  Lately it seems like everyone and their mother is aspiring to be a
junior member as quickly as they can so that they can start polluting bitcointalk with their garbled
retard-speak.

But do you think the admin (theymos) cares much?  Nope, he doesn't.  All them shit posters bring in a
ton of money for him through traffic, and for him it's 'the more, the merrier'.  And meanwhile the forum
is going down the toilet.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:18:37 PM

but i will talk about some signature campaigns running for a limited time and indicating that they will pay the users only if they reach X amount.
This is indeed a first signal that the chances are high that it is just an empty project with the only intention of attracting funds from delusional people, and then to disappear.

It's impossible to do something about this since there is no way to proof that they will really end up scamming people, regardless of the red flags ~ it has been pointed out already that the forum doesn't moderate likely scams.

So it's up to the people to avoid themselves from falling for these pop up ICOs. The only way to stop this is when people collectively team up against these shitty ICOs, and stop pumping their hard earned cash into this.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:19:54 AM

You got that right, brother.  But apart from railing against these low class shit posters, there isn't much
the forum is going to collectively do.  What probably should be done is to restrict who can apply to
them, i.e., senior members only.  Lately it seems like everyone and their mother is aspiring to be a
junior member as quickly as they can so that they can start polluting bitcointalk with their garbled
retard-speak.

But do you think the admin (theymos) cares much?  Nope, he doesn't.  All them shit posters bring in a
ton of money for him through traffic, and for him it's 'the more, the merrier'.  And meanwhile the forum
is going down the toilet.

lol , not only their mothers but the whole family wants to be an aspiring junior member as fast as possible to join the party here and start promoting those crapcoin and shillcoins but as you said the admin theymos dont really care about it infact he likes it much more . so i guess  the best thing to do is minding our own business.
InvoKing (OP)
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 09:30:26 AM

lol , not only their mothers but the whole family wants to be an aspiring junior member as fast as possible to join the party here and start promoting those crapcoin and shillcoins but as you said the admin theymos dont really care about it infact he likes it much more . so i guess  the best thing to do is minding our own business.

I am not asking the admins to ban them because they will not do it. I am asking mainly the default trust members to tag them all with red trust. It has a better impact tho

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 10:36:16 AM

99% of the ICOs are shit, or as A. Antonopoulos puts it 99.999%. Now, whilst this does not necessary have to imply an outright scam (exit scam) they are likely to be scams in the sense that they have no business plan, or no solid business plan, no intent on actually making the project a success, and so on. So therefore, this part is rather unecessary:

I will not talk about whether some ico = scam
You should bluntly call out any scam or anyone promoting any scam.

What's the difference between it and the scammy investments in the investor scammer-based games?
I am asking to prohibit it and to tag everyone promoting it with red!
The difference between it is that the former is a big pile of shill with some garnish on top (again, A. Antonopoulos  Cool ). Why do you mean by "prohibit it" and "tag everyone"? Tag any user promoting any ICO?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
InvoKing (OP)
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 10:57:07 AM

Why do you mean by "prohibit it" and "tag everyone"? Tag any user promoting any ICO?

Prohibiting it by not allowing these kind of signature campaigns to post in the forums which will not happens tho (1% maybe?)

Tag any user promoting these signature campaigns.

Unfortunately limiting all the ICO will not be possible in the near future, i read some propositions about charging 1 BTC in order to open a topic about ICO as a solution? It is a good idea but i think it will not happens..

For the moment i am calling to fight the ICO with shady behaviours which run a signature campaign without a promise to pay the participants. It is like running an investment scam plan with x% of gain...

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 12:09:49 PM

Why do you mean by "prohibit it" and "tag everyone"? Tag any user promoting any ICO?
Prohibiting it by not allowing these kind of signature campaigns to post in the forums which will not happens tho (1% maybe?)
Either I am confused or this isn't coherent. You can't really prohibit them, not even from an administrative level without prohibiting all signature campaigns. You can, however, shut them down as they appear. I am not sure what the 1% is for.

Tag any user promoting these signature campaigns.
We could.

Unfortunately limiting all the ICO will not be possible in the near future, i read some propositions about charging 1 BTC in order to open a topic about ICO as a solution? It is a good idea but i think it will not happens..
I find that idea acceptable. Whilst it won't prevent them from appearing, at least it will prevent very generic copy/paste projects in addition to earning some money for the forum.

For the moment i am calling to fight the ICO with shady behaviours which run a signature campaign without a promise to pay the participants. It is like running an investment scam plan with x% of gain...
Oh wait, you're explicitly talking about ICO campaign that are reliant on their funding process and not all ICO signature campaigns?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
InvoKing (OP)
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 01:02:34 PM

I am not sure what the 1% is for.

1% (or even less) is the probability that admins will stop the shady ICO signature campaigns

Oh wait, you're explicitly talking about ICO campaign that are reliant on their funding process and not all ICO signature campaigns?

Banning all the ICO signature campaigns will not happens / admins will not stop it just like the scammy projects in the investor scammer-based games sub. But red-tagging (negative trust) the suspicious one could reduce their number...slightly...

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 01:49:48 PM

1% (or even less) is the probability that admins will stop the shady ICO signature campaigns
Alright. That does make sense and is a number that I can agree with.

Banning all the ICO signature campaigns will not happens / admins will not stop it just like the scammy projects in the investor scammer-based games sub. But red-tagging (negative trust) the suspicious one could reduce their number...slightly...
So, you're appealing to DT members like myself in the Meta section? I don't see that as being an efficient method of accomplishing what you desire. There's only a few active ones that are tagging shady stuff from the QS & co. cartel anyways.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
InvoKing (OP)
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 01:58:06 PM

So, you're appealing to DT members like myself in the Meta section? I don't see that as being an efficient method of accomplishing what you desire. There's only a few active ones that are tagging shady stuff from the QS & co. cartel anyways.

Trying to highlight these scammy behaviour and maybe soliciting few DT to take actions toward them before it will be a common thing... And you know what will happens in this case (more newbies/jr spamming...more spam)

lgy71719

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:10:44 PM

I also have a question about this issue to ask people how to distinguish the signature campaign is fake. If I participate in a signature campaign without payment, it will take quite some time  Sad
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 02:13:14 PM

Trying to highlight these scammy behaviour and maybe soliciting few DT to take actions toward them before it will be a common thing... And you know what will happens in this case (more newbies/jr spamming...more spam)
In that case, I'd recommend *persuading* DT1 members first. Once you know which ones agree with such course of action, then you can contact DT2 members listed under said members and try to get them on board. I wouldn't expect:
1) Much input in this thread.
2) Much input from theymos (if at all), even if you contact him via PM directly for an opinion on this.

This is why I recommend going via PM directly and think that this thread will lead nowhere otherwise.

I also have a question about this issue to ask people how to distinguish the signature campaign is fake. If I participate in a signature campaign without payment, it will take quite some time  Sad
Classic shitpost. Roll Eyes

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
InvoKing (OP)
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 04:40:09 PM

Ok Lauda. I will try (on my free time) to point this issue directly to admins / mods with examples.
Meanwhile to avoid off-topic posts i will lock this topic for the moment.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: