Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:42:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Make bitcoin mining great again  (Read 219 times)
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2199

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2019, 04:01:19 AM

i think you are confused about what bitcoin is and what it isn't.
bitcoin is a currency, it is NOT a charity to give away free money to the poor. it is not supposed to create "free" or easy ways of anybody to mine it and earn bitcoin. you have to do "hard work" to earn bitcoin and the more valuable it gets the more work you have to do. and that work is increasing by difficulty and is the computing power you spend with your device. whether that device is a GPU or an ASIC is not going to make a difference. ASIC is not some evil creation it is just like CPU, GPU,... but it is re purposed to do only one special thing in an efficient way.

agreed - I love my ASIC's my prior comments are simply to point out that the only way to make it easier for those that cannot afford ASIC's would be to do hard forks on a regular basis making ASIC's less viable and gpu's more viable

I doubt that will ever happen and I hope to keep on mining and eventually get even more ASIC's

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TimeBits (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 62

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 06:29:25 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2019, 07:10:00 AM by TimeBits

i think you are confused about what bitcoin is and what it isn't.
bitcoin is a currency, it is NOT a charity to give away free money to the poor. it is not supposed to create "free" or easy ways of anybody to mine it and earn bitcoin. you have to do "hard work" to earn bitcoin and the more valuable it gets the more work you have to do. and that work is increasing by difficulty and is the computing power you spend with your device. whether that device is a GPU or an ASIC is not going to make a difference. ASIC is not some evil creation it is just like CPU, GPU,... but it is re purposed to do only one special thing in an efficient way.

agreed - I love my ASIC's my prior comments are simply to point out that the only way to make it easier for those that cannot afford ASIC's would be to do hard forks on a regular basis making ASIC's less viable and gpu's more viable

I doubt that will ever happen and I hope to keep on mining and eventually get even more ASIC's

I am not confused about what btc is, considering I have never bought any with fiat, or sold any for any fiat. Which contradicts the entire first sentence of the white paper three times if you use a exchange, which I am sure you have done.

It is peer to peer electronic-cash done with cryptography. The entire point of it, is to become a stand alone medium of a exchange, not a stock.
Yes, Fiat, USD/CAD/YEN/EURO are financial institutions. https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf the first sentence is 3x oxymoroned, the second you trade bitcoin for fiat on a exchange. You use 2 financial institutions and you are no longer p2p.

Anyways this will never happen until the general public holds most of the coins, it will not be the medium of exchange. This will never happen with how distribution is being done nowadays, before anyone could mine, now only the top asic pools can really mine it, even if the general public could mine, most of them don`t have a laptop or a computer, in which case my idea solves this, They just need a address, Which can be issued by a public computer.

Believe or not, the best thing that could happen to btc right now, is for the price to crash hard, and give more general public a chance to get in.  Wink Otherwise they will be using something else, mark my words. Walk down the street tomorrow, and ask random people if they know what bitcoin is, lol you might get 1 out of 1000 here in Toronto, which is a pretty tech savy city us cunucks we have nothing else to do in winter, out of that 1/1000 you might get .000001 that hold any amount of bitcoin.

lol "hard work" being a bitcoin miner, come work on my fruit farm buddy, Learn what real work is. Us farmers are the only people who can delete the debt as we can create something from nothing, that has real world use, keeping people alive, creating more creations that can create at the cost of our own lifespan. Well I guess I should just turn all my fruit farms into bitcoin mining farms, and fuck people and their food supply needs.

lol https://youtu.be/K8kua5B5K3I?t=450 "hard work" playing path of exile. Hard work, makes you blood, sweat and tears spill onto the land bud. Not play fucking video games, while you afk farm currency, well I guess your not afk you are playing games and sleeping at "work", which is a job btw, not work and far from hard work.  
sureshverma

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 08:01:31 AM

Is it possible to make mining better today? I think that we need to rework the whole system completely, only then it will be better
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2199

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2019, 10:24:59 AM

@TimeBits not sure if your comments were to me or to pooya87 as you quoted us both.

but  I do not buy BTC on an exchange, I mine it. As for work, I work each and every day as well. My mining company is a second job that I do in addition to my full time job. But your idea of just freely distributing BTC goes against the point of it as well. It was never intended to be used as a welfare system or charity network and to be handed out for free.

But I do agree that it will not become as mainstream as intended while these big mining farms hold the majority of it. But I also think that once all the coins are mined and all that is left is transactions that more people will be able to have it.

as for asking people - nearly everyone around here and I live in poodunk nowhere knows what Bitcoin is - though most of them dont know how to get it.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2019, 03:42:26 PM

As mining difficulty increases and mining devices become more expensive it is quite difficult to have profit from mining if you don't have extremely cheap of free (wind, solar) energy.

Next year there will be a new Btc halving, so rewards will be again diminished.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: