Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:17:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: India cryptocurrency 'Lakshmi Coin'  (Read 1245 times)
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:05:58 PM

Governmrnent launching a crypto-currency based on Blockchain is always a bad idea. How are they going to  control, manipulate and sanction in an enviroment of decentralized framework. The people that might contribute to it's development kqy not buy to centralized idea. At the end of it, the coin become useless.
ankit05

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:24:43 PM

Govt of India may launch India's own cryptocurrency 'Lakshmi Coin'Apparently it is a proposal from a committee of Indian government officials and some people from the Reserve Bank of India.
You know how it works in India... Lakshmi coin had to initially halt their planned ICO because of the Government
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:32:18 PM

Yes, I saw that story a few days ago. Apparently it is a proposal from a committee of Indian government officials and some people from the Reserve Bank of India. The new coin may be called "lakshmi" or "laxmi" but will probably take a few years to be implemented because of India's rather slow and cumbersome bureaucracy.

https://www.techworm.net/2017/09/india-bitcoin-like-cryptocurrency-called-lakshmi-coin.html

Hasn't Narendra Modi been the one banning all 500- and 1.000- Rupie banknotes in november last year? This cumbersome bureaucracy managed to do THAT over night. There had been death casualties in front of an india bank building in 2016.

Could not trust their lakshmi if that ever pops up anywhere. Doubtfull if it could even reach the usual trade places (Bittrex, lodging in las vegas) since regulations and such.
Sync485

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:35:56 PM

it is realy interesting. i hope when they release it, they won't ban other cryptocurrencies.  i wonder it is centralized or decentralized?
yogesh01

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:52:56 PM

Indian government officials and some people from the Reserve Bank of India. The new coin may be called "lakshmi" but will probably take a few years to be implemented because of India's rather slow and cumbersome .
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:59:07 PM

The launch of Lakshmi will only strengthen the position of cryptocurrencies in India. India has such a large potential marker for cryptos with highest number of internet users. Lakshmi gonna make people aware about a whole new monetary system. Since India is already trying to build a cashless society. This will gonna boost it. Moreover, many Indians are living in foreign countries, they will be benefited by this move. Also, because of China's ban, India who is arch rival won't do the same and ban Bitcoin, rather will work like Japan, a friendly country. So all in all the launch of Lakshmi gonna boost the crypto marker in india.
yogesh01

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:29:19 PM

Indian PM is trying to promote digital India and promote cash less transaction . Narendra Modi can do that as he love new technology but introduction of this types of coin from governments is just their effort to replace bitcoin from their country.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:34:40 AM

The launch of Lakshmi will only strengthen the position of cryptocurrencies in India. India has such a large potential marker for cryptos with highest number of internet users. Lakshmi gonna make people aware about a whole new monetary system. Since India is already trying to build a cashless society. This will gonna boost it. Moreover, many Indians are living in foreign countries, they will be benefited by this move. Also, because of China's ban, India who is arch rival won't do the same and ban Bitcoin, rather will work like Japan, a friendly country. So all in all the launch of Lakshmi gonna boost the crypto marker in india.

Right. China commies beeing pretty much surrounded. Unless counting in Russia, too. And comparing India against China, and Japan against Russia. Honestly from size and numbers this isn't looking all to good. That https://www.coindesk.com/russia-likely-ban-bitcoin-payments-deputy-finance-minister-says/
And there is no country with higher cultural affinity to gold than india, to my observation. And they are probably the only country on earth who banned paper bills over night last year. Just imagine that! At least try to remember.

That is just the wrong hope looking at the outer rims of the economy. Bitcoin either makes it in the heart of the united states, for everyday purchases like pizza, or fails.
Dolarin

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:36:55 AM

Ahahaha, sounds like fun. I think this coin will achieve nothing. It will suffer the fate of Dubaicoin.
evader11

Activity: 434

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:45:02 AM

What ? Govt of India may launch India's own cryptocurrency 'Lakshmi Coin' ?
Do you mean that was the first crytocurrency made by india communities. Well that is good to hear and I hope that coin will  succeed because in my there was also a first coin, at first there are many investors interested in this project but because they are partnering MLM their was down. I think that coin has a good future.

Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:27:32 PM

Being a potential pioneer of incorporating cryptocurrency into a country's government it could only end up in two things: miserably make their economy sick or make it more prosperous. But India being as it is with a country with many bright minds, the latter of the two is achievable with enough time and preparation.
vfrcbv911

Activity: 238
Merit: 144

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:16:17 PM

It seems to me that there will be nothing important. Remember DubaiCoin. Here he entered the market and has not risen in price, what's more do not speak about it, it is not interesting coin for the community. I think Lakshmi Coin will suffer the same fate.

CryptoScorpio

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:46:02 PM

It would be great if India launches its own cryptocurrency. India is getting digitalized completely and its good for crypto investors.India is a huge market with second highest population. If everyone uses cryptocurrency in India, that would be a huge pump to the cryptocurrencies.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: