Bitcoin Forum
December 17, 2017, 02:24:54 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UFR][ICO] Upfiring | Incentivized P2P File-Sharing  (Read 11749 times)
CoinFarmer

Activity: 106

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:47:02 AM

WEB | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | REDDIT | WHITEPAPER

CONTRIBUTION PERIOD v1.0.

Start Time: October 3rd, 2017 at 12:00 PM EST
End Time: October 31st, 2017 at 11:59 AM EST
Hard Cap: 40k ETH or $12M USD
Cryptocurrencies Accepted: ETH, BTC, LTC

TOKEN DISTRIBUTION

To ensure the fair distribution of UFR tokens, we have no pre-sale or special bonuses. The Contribution Period is the only way to acquire UFR and the rate is standardized. UFR tokens are minted when ETH is sent to the contract. We do not use whitelisted addresses or participate in any 3rd-party allocations.

600,000,000 UFR will be distributed in the Contribution Period of the 1 billion total. A small number of tokens are reserved for in-app use, the team, and a potential 2nd contribution period only in the event that additional funding is needed for the continuation of the project. This would only take place in the distant future after key roadmap events have been completed and well into the main application launch - otherwise, those tokens will be burned.

How will Upfiring work?

Upfiring is a P2P file-sharing application that encrypts and distributes files between peers over a decentralized network. Upfiring operates similarly to services like uTorrent but with several key upgrades and inherent advantages. All transactions are linked to the Ethereum blockchain - allowing transactions to run securely and for proof-of-transfer protocols to be carried out between peers. The movement of files across the network requires Upfire tokens (UFR). When a user downloads a file from a seeder, the user pays for the transaction with UFR - which covers the cost of gas and compensates the seeder for offering the file to the network. This allows users to earn passive income by seeding files and allows users download large quantities of files at an extremely low cost. Upfiring supports the exchange of many different file types on the network, including .torrent and magnet files.

How will Upfiring ensure seeders are compensated?
Files seeded on the Upfiring network will be encrypted so that other P2P services cannot access them without using the Upfiring Desktop application. Smart contracts written in Solidity govern the process and ensure the successful transfer of tokens and files in each transaction. This allows anyone to earn tokens passively and trustlessly by simply seeding files in the Upfiring Desktop or mobile client.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Doublelucky

Activity: 88

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:56:20 AM

Good luck to the team, this is a pretty cool idea  Grin

Edit: Images aren't showing up btw, just a heads up.
ogrudko

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:09:10 AM

Good day, Team!
Will you provide some bounty campaign for you ICO?

CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:11:46 AM

Good day, Team!

We will not be doing a bounty campaign, the only way to acquire UFR is through the crowdsale at the moment. After the crowdsale there will likely be a few small bounty campaigns/offers.
jezus

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:14:51 AM

Where open exchange when ico close?

zakalwe

Activity: 349

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:20:24 AM

Just quoting original post so the pictures are visible. Seems like a good project, I like the fair distribution with no special bonuses.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:23:55 AM

Jezus: Absolutely, we are currently working on applications to Bittrex, Liqui, Binance, Etherdelta, 0x, and a few others.

And thank you Zakalwe for that - it seems like pictures are showing up on the original post now as well.
BLACKCOIN883

Activity: 249

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:19:56 PM

I love this part:

> no pre-sale or special bonuses

Who else agrees with me that ICOs and cryptocurrency have gone mad lately with their bonuses? They make later investors feel left out.
Doublelucky

Activity: 88

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:33:53 PM

I love this part:

Who else agrees with me that ICOs and cryptocurrency have gone mad lately with their bonuses? They make later investors feel left out.

I never invest in ICO's that do this and think it is a shitty pyramid-scheme tactic to try and get people to invest. Yet almost every new ICO seems to do this shit now.

Good on your guys for keeping it real, the ICO structure looks straightforward and pretty fair here.
BLACKCOIN883

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:59:43 PM

I love this part:

I never invest in ICO's that do this and think it is a shitty pyramid-scheme tactic to try and get people to invest. Yet almost every new ICO seems to do this shit now.

Good on your guys for keeping it real, the ICO structure looks straightforward and pretty fair here.

ICOs that do that are trying to create fear of missing out. That's what a lot of scammers do, they try to get you to take a decision as fast as possible.
GoBelle

Activity: 95

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:15:20 PM

Is Ethereum SWARM the main competitor of this project? How is development on that going?
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:18:14 PM

It would be possible to obtain more information?. Team members, escrow, advisors... The project seems interesting guys, I will be attentive to the waiting for more information.

.SPECTRE.                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:39:59 PM

Is Ethereum SWARM the main competitor of this project? How is development on that going?

The main competitors are projects like Filecoin and IPFS, but overall this project differs from those in a lot of ways. Filecoin is concerned with storing files on the blockchain and renting out storage space, while we're more focused on file-sharing and the ability to earn tokens for seeding.

We'll also have to compete with uTorrent and SoulseekQt. Compared to those applications, our main advantage is offering an incentive for sharing files. This will promote seeding and allow for higher file availability - aka more files overall on the network and faster downloads.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:18:18 PM

The Upfiring Contribution Period is now live, by the way!
BuyingFast

Activity: 143

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:46:22 PM

The main competitors are projects like Filecoin and IPFS, but overall this project differs from those in a lot of ways. Filecoin is concerned with storing files on the blockchain and renting out storage space, while we're more focused on file-sharing and the ability to earn tokens for seeding.

We'll also have to compete with uTorrent and SoulseekQt. Compared to those applications, our main advantage is offering an incentive for sharing files. This will promote seeding and allow for higher file availability - aka more files overall on the network and faster downloads.

Could you say that you're like torrents where seeders get paid? I've been a seeder more than a peer my whole life, and I've never been rewarded for that in any way. It would be something if that changes.
scam confirmed

Activity: 444

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:58:41 PM

8% going to legal and regulatory expenses? Shouldn't this be zero though, that's why we're moving towards decentralization, to get rid of "legal" and "regulatory".
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:54:04 AM

Could you say that you're like torrents where seeders get paid? I've been a seeder more than a peer my whole life, and I've never been rewarded for that in any way. It would be something if that changes.

Yes, it is essentially that - crypto rewards for seeding, but the file doesn't have to be a torrent. Almost any type of file can be seeded.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:56:16 AM

8% going to legal and regulatory expenses? Shouldn't this be zero though, that's why we're moving towards decentralization, to get rid of "legal" and "regulatory".

Legal and regulatory steps still need to be taken to ensure we're not stepping into the crosshairs of any regulatory agencies. Ideally the legal work we do will all be preventative.
okspam

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:39:05 AM

What if the ISP simply bans IPs of seeders? I listened to this podcast episode recently that explained how a decentralized exchange would need a decentralized internet first. Is the same case true for this one?
anti-scam

Activity: 322

Tokenpay

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:41:40 PM

How do you promote to attract investors to join?
I think you need some people to work with the team.
yes bounty hunter is ready. Grin

MakersONE

Activity: 140

Millions of chances

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:58:15 PM

Bounty hunters may be ready. Only here they do not need them, unfortunately  Grin
As I understand, they will have airdrops in the future  Roll Eyes

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BuyingFast

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:35:11 PM

This does look like the kind of software where promotion will take care of itself, once it's live and working. I mean, which seeders don't want to get paid? And which peers don't want to get rid of the adware infested torrent websites that we have currently?
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:34:31 AM

This does look like the kind of software where promotion will take care of itself, once it's live and working. I mean, which seeders don't want to get paid? And which peers don't want to get rid of the adware infested torrent websites that we have currently?

Yes, this is exactly the premise. People don't typically seed in normal P2P torrent apps because there is no reason to. Upfiring changes that by incentivizing it, so people will have a real reason to use the app. The fact that so many people will want to seed files means faster and more widely available downloads as well.
mzinz

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:58:34 AM

Hi Coinfarmer, thanks for the Q&A. Super cool project.

I just finished reading the whitepaper and am considering backing the project, but have a few questions:
1) Is there an IRC or Slack channel for live discussions with developers?
2) Where can I find a list of the developers/team involved? If there is not a list, can you please share that information here?
3) The whitepaper often references "decentralized P2P network", but I'm unclear exactly what this means. The internet itself is (mostly) decentralized, and I am assuming that Upfiring will be operating on the internet of today. Similarly, torrents today are mostly decentralized, in the fact that the nature of P2P is downloading from many places at once, as opposed to a server somewhere on the internet. "Decentralized" is a hot buzzword right now, and I'm curious in what ways Upfiring is more decentralized than torrent.
4) What is the value-add of being decentralized? Aside from the token reward for seeding, what makes this concept inherently better than torrent?

Thanks in advance for your time!
temple

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:13:09 AM

I think it was a no brainer that someone goes for decentralized file sharing, but there is likely other projects trying to do this to or not? Apart from that, your success over time probably depends a lot on Ethereum's success over time in terms of scaling correct?

<

%%%%%%%%%%(        
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%  %%     
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%  .%%%%   
   %%%%%%%%        %%%%%%%  
  /%%%%%%           %%%%%%/ 
  %%%%%%(           (%%%%%% 
  ,%%%%%%           %%%%%%, 
   %%%%%%%%       %%%%%%%%  
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%   
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%     
         %%%%%%%%%%%       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. OPEN MONEY PLATFORM .
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
{}
>
okspam

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:07:55 AM

What does the name come from?
kamikadze69

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:18:31 PM

Reserve indonesian translation if needed

Bitcointalk account URL: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=41126;sa=summary
Bitcointalk name: kamikadze69
language: Indonesia
Your choice to translate: (ANN, BOUNTY and WP)
Are you ready to post and moderate: yes
Translation portfolio link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2204271.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2174485.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2203892.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2195720.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2196235.0
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zCVyjAkUDG-F3Rx7TjSIWCfJ_QHhgGnh35Uknxm9P-Y/edit
ETH address: 0x6660fa51A3544b4a423889CC4D54C12ADe1B8D86

regards
Glundung

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:06:21 PM

File sharing system that are combined with crypto currency is really interesting, This is really good opportunity to have some income source while sharing with one another.

GoBelle

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:05:09 PM

Have you found programmers ready to the the alpha version of the software? It seems like you'd need high-end developers.
scam confirmed

Activity: 444

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:04:37 PM

Will you modify the BitTorrent protocol in order to make this work? Or you'll be starting with a cryptocurrency base?
autada

Activity: 244

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:16:40 PM

Interesting project, wait for your ICO further information, more bounty?
danBitcoin

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:01:29 AM

The ICO is the only way to acquire UFR before it hits exchanges?
bananafana

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:17:02 AM

So does it recruit the blockchain's data decompression/compression processes in order to exchange and distribute data resiliently and quickly?

Hopefully there's relatively little tying the token's value to that of Eth.

The issue I had with blockchain p2p file sharing was that people are gonna want to share dangerous things over this anonymous takedown-resilient structure, which will one day bring about a PR crisis for Eth. But I accept that this is an inevitable step in blockchain's progress. Shine on you crazy diamonds.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:44:57 PM

Good day, Team!

We will not be doing a bounty campaign, the only way to acquire UFR is through the crowdsale at the moment. After the crowdsale there will likely be a few small bounty campaigns/offers.

This is a real pity, I will stay tuned so as to be ready to pick your campaign when you will be ready to launch it. But it is strange to make a bounty campaign AFTER the contribution has already taken place...

celestio

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:23:07 PM

Why do you answer questions so slowly? It seems to me that Upfiring's ICO is one of the better deals right now, but please be more active in the comment section.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Jimmi Andersen

Activity: 125

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:07:04 PM

Why do you answer questions so slowly? It seems to me that Upfiring's ICO is one of the better deals right now, but please be more active in the comment section.
It might be good but we know nothing about the team behind it. That's a huge red flag. People are literally giving away money to anonymous people on the internet. That's what fomo will do. Not a lot of rational thought. We should demand better before giving our money away. I was close to buying this one but I want to know who the team is and what their qualifications are. One of the pictures in the sneak preview is just a picture from the metatrader platform or some similar platform with moving averages added to the graph. I'm out.
GoBelle

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:11:45 PM

What if the ISP simply bans IPs of seeders? I listened to this podcast episode recently that explained how a decentralized exchange would need a decentralized internet first. Is the same case true for this one?

Is this really an issue? Seems /r/conspiracy to me.
Jimmi Andersen

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:14:39 PM

It probably isn't for most people. What I wrote above is the larger issues. I'm not quick to say this because I don't like fud but this really looks like a scam. I hope that I'm wrong and if I am I will probably use the platform.
GoBelle

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:16:05 AM

It probably isn't for most people. What I wrote above is the larger issues. I'm not quick to say this because I don't like fud but this really looks like a scam. I hope that I'm wrong and if I am I will probably use the platform.

I don't know... seems fine to me... let's see what they answer to some of the questions from this thread. You in particular had some really good ones.
Jimmi Andersen

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:22:52 PM

I don't know... seems fine to me... let's see what they answer to some of the questions from this thread. You in particular had some really good ones.
IF they answer.
okspam

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:04:56 PM

I've been trying to solve this puzzle without success. Consider helping.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:44:39 AM

I think it was a no brainer that someone goes for decentralized file sharing, but there is likely other projects trying to do this to or not? Apart from that, your success over time probably depends a lot on Ethereum's success over time in terms of scaling correct?

There are currently no other projects trying to do this right now, we are unique  Smiley. In terms of scaling, we're not too concerned that the Ethereum devs will take care of it. Token transactions can be completed very quickly even right now with all the projects out there.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:46:57 AM

Will you modify the BitTorrent protocol in order to make this work? Or you'll be starting with a cryptocurrency base?

It is essentially a modified BitTorrent protocol. You'll be able to take a file (.mp3, .mp4, .pdf, .dmg, etc) and turn it into an Upfiring torrent that can only be used within the app itself. This ensures that BitTorrent users can't just download the file for free outside the app, and that seeders are appropriately compensated.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:55:19 AM

I've been trying to solve this puzzle without success. Consider helping.

We originally decided on the name "Upfiling" since the app deals with file-sharing, but changed it at the last minute. We eventually unanimously agreed that we liked the ring of "Upfiring" better even though its less direct, and so we just went with it.
okspam

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:47:24 AM

Can you please post a comparison between this and Decent? I prefer your project, but I want to see your take as well.
bananafana

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:40:15 AM

So does it recruit the blockchain's data decompression/compression processes in order to exchange and distribute data resiliently and quickly?

Huh
Jimmi Andersen

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:44:29 AM

IF they answer.
It looks like they will just ignore critical questions. It doesn't make sense to take a picture of a barchart put on some moving averages and then call that tokens earned and pretend like it's a picture from a developed platform, but that's what they have done in the so called sneak preview. That's shady as fuck. Makes me wonder if they have even developed anything. Another reason to stay away from this ICO is that bittorrent works. No reason to fix something that isn't broken.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:59:24 AM

IF they answer.
It looks like they will just ignore critical questions. It doesn't make sense to take a picture of a barchart put on some moving averages and then call that tokens earned and pretend like it's a picture from a developed platform, but that's what they have done in the so called sneak preview. That's shady as fuck. Makes me wonder if they have even developed anything. Another reason to stay away from this ICO is that bittorrent works. No reason to fix something that isn't broken.

The UI/UX portion of the app is still in a primitive stage. We're developing the app logic, Solidity contracts, and P2P functionality before we really focus on making the UI look nice. Yes, the barchart image is just a placeholder for now - the full token earnings page is actually much more detailed than that with a lot more information.

On the bittorrent matter - the seeding process should be incentivized. Finding seeders on platforms like bittorrent or SoulSeekQT is pretty difficult if the torrent is not massively popular, because people don't have any reason to seed files if they get nothing in return. Upfiring is changing that. We expect that this will draw users to seed files on our platform over platforms, resulting in more file availability, more peers and faster download speeds.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:02:03 AM

Can you please post a comparison between this and Decent? I prefer your project, but I want to see your take as well.

Decent is a good project, but there are a few key differences:

Upfiring strictly focuses on file-sharing. The app allows files to move freely between 2 or more peers - and the solidity smart contracts, which manage the token, distribute UFR tokens when appropriate. Users of our platform earn tokens when others download their files.

DECENT is a protocol for applications and publishing of content. Decent itself doesn't do anything as an application - it simply allows others to build apps on top of it. It functions similarly to an Ethereum/Solidity development framework. It is a solid project in and of itself, but definitely different than Upfiring.
bananafana

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:21:15 AM

On the bittorrent matter - the seeding process should be incentivized. Finding seeders on platforms like bittorrent or SoulSeekQT is pretty difficult if the torrent is not massively popular, because people don't have any reason to seed files if they get nothing in return. Upfiring is changing that. We expect that this will draw users to seed files on our platform over platforms, resulting in more file availability, more peers and faster download speeds.

Anyone who has used torrents could agree to this.
Jimmi Andersen

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:57:04 AM

Do people decide which files they are seeding or will it be random so that I for example am seeding some file without knowing what kind of content it is? Or would I only be seeding files that I have downloaded or decided to share with the network?
Hariz

Activity: 49

Whitelist for WePower token sale before 1st of Feb

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:49:25 PM

What is your view around piracy and copyright infringement?
Considering there is money involved, I see potential risk unless the system has a way to tackle it.

BLACKCOIN883

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:16:24 PM

How confident are you that you can follow that roadmap?
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:26:21 AM

Very confident. We are on track and fully expect to have the alpha/beta versions of the app released this year into the new year, with the official release planned for early-mid next year.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:29:34 AM

Considering there is money involved, I see potential risk unless the system has a way to tackle it.

We don't support it but we are only the client/protocol - therefore, we don't control what people will share. Any 2 peers can share any files and exchange UFR via the built-in smart contracts.

There will be ways for the community and UFR holders to regulate some of the content in case any inappropriate or copyrighted material is seeded. Some of the details of how this will work can be found in the Whitepaper.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:32:21 AM

Do people decide which files they are seeding or will it be random so that I for example am seeding some file without knowing what kind of content it is? Or would I only be seeding files that I have downloaded or decided to share with the network?

The user chooses exactly which files they want to seed, and can change this at any time. You can download a file and seed it on the network immediately to get a portion of the UFR when that file is downloaded, or upload your own unique files.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:28:13 AM

Anyone who has used torrents could agree to this.

Yes, we think it will naturally draw users to use our app over time vs. the big players like uTorrent.
celestio

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:47:26 AM

You've definitely picked up in speed at answering question. Good community management.

Please try stealing a developer from qBittorrent or uTorrent because they have such amazing interfaces.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
BuyingFast

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:45:16 AM

I'd actually say the interface of those is too complicated for the average user. I like it more as it is in their "How will Upfiring work?" screenshot.
BLACKCOIN883

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:09:27 PM

Very confident. We are on track and fully expect to have the alpha/beta versions of the app released this year into the new year, with the official release planned for early-mid next year.

That sounds very promising. File sharing is still woefully behind the times in my opinion. I hope to see some innovation with technology like you're attempting to harness.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:20:54 AM

You've definitely picked up in speed at answering question. Good community management.

Please try stealing a developer from qBittorrent or uTorrent because they have such amazing interfaces.

Thank you. Obviously we have a lot going on and several communities we're trying to manage at once, as well as app development and the ICO. None of us really sleep much anymore  Tongue
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:22:57 AM

That sounds very promising. File sharing is still woefully behind the times in my opinion. I hope to see some innovation with technology like you're attempting to harness.

Completely agree. Blockchain really is perfect for P2P apps and it's definitely where the industry is headed.
BuyingFast

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:41:24 AM

Thank you. Obviously we have a lot going on and several communities we're trying to manage at once, as well as app development and the ICO. None of us really sleep much anymore  Tongue

Well, after this ICO money for hiring should be a problem anymore.

How's the token sale going?
temple

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:47:37 AM

Completely agree. Blockchain really is perfect for P2P apps and it's definitely where the industry is headed.

But I also think that blockchain technology needs to mature a lot before we all can benefit from a perfect file sharing experience. There will be some load issues in the beginning or?

<

%%%%%%%%%%(        
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%  %%     
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%  .%%%%   
   %%%%%%%%        %%%%%%%  
   %%%%%%%%       %%%%%%%%  
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%   
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%     
         %%%%%%%%%%%       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. OPEN MONEY PLATFORM .
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
{}
>
BLACKCOIN883

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:12:23 PM

We don't support it but we are only the client/protocol - therefore, we don't control what people will share. Any 2 peers can share any files and exchange UFR via the built-in smart contracts.

There will be ways for the community and UFR holders to regulate some of the content in case any inappropriate or copyrighted material is seeded. Some of the details of how this will work can be found in the Whitepaper.

Isn't this the same sort of defense the founders of thepiratebay tried to use and lost?
BuyingFast

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:36:07 PM

Unrelated, thepiratebay sucks nowadays. Their website mines cryptocurrency through scripts, unannounced, on your computer.
BLACKCOIN883

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:18:19 PM

Unrelated, thepiratebay sucks nowadays. Their website mines cryptocurrency through scripts, unannounced, on your computer.

I'll agree with you there. It's not the only site doing that from what I've read either. Even Showtime was doing it.
celestio

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:50:52 PM

Since you get tokens for seeding content, will the higher demand stuff have higher reward to incentivize seeding it?

danBitcoin

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:54:42 PM

Any ideas on this?
okspam

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:35:12 PM

Upfiring strictly focuses on file-sharing. The app allows files to move freely between 2 or more peers - and the solidity smart contracts, which manage the token, distribute UFR tokens when appropriate. Users of our platform earn tokens when others download their files.

DECENT is a protocol for applications and publishing of content. Decent itself doesn't do anything as an application - it simply allows others to build apps on top of it. It functions similarly to an Ethereum/Solidity development framework. It is a solid project in and of itself, but definitely different than Upfiring.

I appreciate your answer. Since Decent is distinctly different from Upfiring, is there any other competition which are much more like Upfiring?
derickonfire

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:04:06 PM

I have some UFR in MEW - when I can transfer them to a different account ?

CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:54:44 PM

Isn't this the same sort of defense the founders of thepiratebay tried to use and lost?

The piratebay was hosting the links to torrents and pirated material. Upfiring more closely resembles uTorrent, which is absolutely legal/used widely.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:56:58 PM

Since you get tokens for seeding content, will the higher demand stuff have higher reward to incentivize seeding it?

Yes, and the reward is split among all the seeders of a file. You get compensated each time someone downloads a file you are seeding, so if the demand is very high you'll get rewarded every single time it gets downloaded.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:57:34 PM

Right after the crowdsale ends - so November 1st.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:58:08 PM

Any ideas on this?

The ICO is the main way, and there will be a small bounty campaign on these forums before it hits exchanges. Stay tuned for that!
BuyingFast

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:26:50 PM

I'll agree with you there. It's not the only site doing that from what I've read either. Even Showtime was doing it.

It seems thepiratebay has stopped too.
derickonfire

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:27:20 PM

Right after the crowdsale ends - so November 1st.

Thank you!

BuyingFast

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:44:38 PM

How many people work on this project part time or full time?
cryptotum88

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:02:40 AM

What's the meaning of this project?

Why Me, downloader should  use your "p2p-system" to download content?

I will simply use utorrent or whatever other torrent client to download whatever I want for ...FREE!
temple

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:20:24 AM

I will simply use utorrent or whatever other torrent client to download whatever I want for ...FREE!

If I understand correctly then the game theoretical aspect is missing in utorrent. There is hardly any or no incentive for people to run servers. And I assume the encryption technology from established blockchain protocols is superior? Enlighten me if I am wrong, would also want to know that.

<

%%%%%%%%%%(        
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%  %%     
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%  .%%%%   
   %%%%%%%%        %%%%%%%  
   %%%%%%%%       %%%%%%%%  
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%   
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%     
         %%%%%%%%%%%       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. OPEN MONEY PLATFORM .
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
{}
>
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:20:49 PM

The premise is to incentivize seeding and expand the network of seeders. Since you can immediately seed files after downloading them, you'll be able to earn back the UFR you spent downloading and then some. This creates a healthier network since people will WANT to seed files and earn UFR - allowing for a greater availability of files and faster download speeds compared to uTorrent and other clients.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:23:22 PM

If I understand correctly then the game theoretical aspect is missing in utorrent. There is hardly any or no incentive for people to run servers. And I assume the encryption technology from established blockchain protocols is superior? Enlighten me if I am wrong, would also want to know that.

This is true. There is really no reason for anyone to seed/run servers in uTorrent at all. Encryption is encryption - the place where blockchain shines in this project is the smart contracts. The contracts allow UFR to be transferred between addresses when file transfers are completed successfully.
BLACKCOIN883

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:36:53 PM

So is there any estimate on how much a transaction would cost / pay? Say I'm seeding a 1gb file, and 10 people download it from me. How much are they having to pay each? And how much of that would I be getting?
danBitcoin

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:38:20 PM

Any ideas on this?

The ICO is the main way, and there will be a small bounty campaign on these forums before it hits exchanges. Stay tuned for that!

Thanks for the reply, I will be keeping an eye out for it.
bananafana

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:10:09 PM

Huh

I'm just going to assume it does.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:49:31 PM

Huh

Yes, we're looking into optimizing this so that transactions don't take any longer than a typical file-download.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:51:24 PM

So is there any estimate on how much a transaction would cost / pay? Say I'm seeding a 1gb file, and 10 people download it from me. How much are they having to pay each? And how much of that would I be getting?

There's no exact estimate right now, but the range I usually give is around 10-20 UFR for about a 1 GB download. This could definitely change and we're going to make a more final determination once we've launched the testnet and tested the entire protocol.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:52:00 PM

Lastly, the UFR Content Bounty is officially live:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2274134.0
CarlosCorreia

INS Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 01:37:47 AM

Congratulations for Upfiting... I think this has potential to be huge!!

Most certainly I will be an investor, just got some questions to ease my investment.
Sorry is some questions were already answered, but I was collecting questions meanwhile reading the topic.

There is no information about the team. Will it be revealed?

This project will have a big weight on the developers. What is the current status of the app client?
What will be the milestones, and ETA's?

You say that all kind of content will be available to share, but how is this shared?
This is being compared to uTorrent like programs. Will there be sites to share the .torrent like files?
Torrents are often associated with illegal content. Could this be a problem?

Just found out the bounty programs. This is good because help spread the word about Upfiring! I just found this project!
But I think you should have a Signatura Campaign also! This forum is the biggest way to spread the word!
I really think the twitter and Facebook campaigns are not that good, because people outside cryptocurrency may see this as spam!

Will there be a bounty for blogging? I usually steeamit about my ICO's investments.

Are you considering partnering up with some already established crypto's? Like for instance a privacy coin.

derickonfire

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:21:37 AM

ISP called my house once, not very happy..

if you know what I mean..

IDK if this still happens, but I assume so.

Would this service protect against this?

temple

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:38:15 AM

This is true. There is really no reason for anyone to seed/run servers in uTorrent at all. Encryption is encryption - the place where blockchain shines in this project is the smart contracts. The contracts allow UFR to be transferred between addresses when file transfers are completed successfully.

Makes sense. Looking forward to this!

<

%%%%%%%%%%(        
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%  %%     
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%  .%%%%   
   %%%%%%%%        %%%%%%%  
   %%%%%%%%       %%%%%%%%  
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%   
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%     
         %%%%%%%%%%%       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. OPEN MONEY PLATFORM .
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
{}
>
BLACKCOIN883

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:35:39 PM

There's no exact estimate right now, but the range I usually give is around 10-20 UFR for about a 1 GB download. This could definitely change and we're going to make a more final determination once we've launched the testnet and tested the entire protocol.

So that's roughly $.20-$.40 per person I seed to? So they would have to pay this much to download it?
danBitcoin

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:21:51 PM

This seems like it would be so easy to fix that it'd be a blunder on their part not to address it. Rerouting all traffic through a 3rd party IP could slow stuff down and make it more expensive on their end. Maybe have a premium feature with a built in Proxy or something.
bananafana

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:48:42 PM

Huh

Yes, we're looking into optimizing this so that transactions don't take any longer than a typical file-download.

As long as the users aren't on fiber internet, that shouldn't be too difficult.
okspam

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:01:05 PM

I appreciate your answer. Since Decent is distinctly different from Upfiring, is there any other competition which are much more like Upfiring?

I'm curious who your biggest competitor is, and what differentiates you.
eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1089

Ladestand: 100%

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:14:32 PM

I think vTorrent is the only competitor, but I don't know were this project stands at the moment.

What we need is an anonymous encrypted P2P sharing plattform to compete with one-click-hoster.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
zerghunter68

AltCoin public AHR1vPHRZmX3odaFqB5p1J1nS8TJnjCRi7

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 12:06:51 PM

I see a few problems, maybe someone knows solution:
1. "When a user downloads a file from a seeder, the user pays for the transaction with UFR", so in this case, it will not be free for user that downloads a file (why should he not use other services like uTorrent).
He can earn by seeding, but still you need some initial capital, to download even 1 file.

2. Transaction fees:
If I understand right you get UFR by seeding and spend it by downloading, but some of that goes to cover gas cost. So in the end you have to seed more than download, but you can't seed if there is noone that downloads.
Taking all the system into account, someone will have to constantly buy or create new tokens?

GETTING LOST IN THE SEA OF CRYPTOCURRENCIES? CHOOSE PLAYKEY TOKEN! 
PLAYKEY.IO ◇  DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM 
[ Website ]  [ Reddit ]  [ Medium ]  [ Twitter ]  [ LinkedIn ]  [ Telegram ]  [ BitcoinTalk ]  [ Facebook ]
BLACKCOIN883

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:52:40 PM

1. "When a user downloads a file from a seeder, the user pays for the transaction with UFR", so in this case, it will not be free for user that downloads a file (why should he not use other services like uTorrent).
He can earn by seeding, but still you need some initial capital, to download even 1 file.

2. Transaction fees:
If I understand right you get UFR by seeding and spend it by downloading, but some of that goes to cover gas cost. So in the end you have to seed more than download, but you can't seed if there is noone that downloads.
Taking all the system into account, someone will have to constantly buy or create new tokens?

I assume you can bring content you already have over. In which case you start seeding them for free, and you have a UFR income that way without initial capital required.
danBitcoin

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:27:15 PM

This seems like it would be so easy to fix that it'd be a blunder on their part not to address it. Rerouting all traffic through a 3rd party IP could slow stuff down and make it more expensive on their end. Maybe have a premium feature with a built in Proxy or something.
Will Upfiring will be taking care of anonymity automatically?
celestio

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:10:26 PM

Yes, and the reward is split among all the seeders of a file. You get compensated each time someone downloads a file you are seeding, so if the demand is very high you'll get rewarded every single time it gets downloaded.

This reminds me of a private tracker I used to use. You would get points for seeding and uploading, and they even had a bounty system for highly desired content. You could trade those points in the store, mostly for digital stuff like titles and such.

Do you think there will be a bounty board so people can see the kind of stuff is highly in demand?

yourboss

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:21:07 PM

Guys, are you sure your math is correct behind this project? Quite a few questions arise after reading the Ann, and as I can see it's not only me who wonders..
GoBelle

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:26:41 PM

Do you guys see yourselves bringing in anymore advisors in the near future?
okspam

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:48:28 PM

I think vTorrent is the only competitor, but I don't know were this project stands at the moment.

What we need is an anonymous encrypted P2P sharing plattform to compete with one-click-hoster.

Just judging by vTorrent's website they don't see very dedicated.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:07:16 AM

There are no blockchain projects really taking on P2P file-sharing besides us, to my knowledge. Our biggest competitor is uTorrent/SoulSeek (non-blockchain projects). Part of the challenge is convincing users of those platforms to switch over to Upfiring, and that's where the incentives (UFR tokens) come in.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:09:10 AM

This reminds me of a private tracker I used to use. You would get points for seeding and uploading, and they even had a bounty system for highly desired content. You could trade those points in the store, mostly for digital stuff like titles and such.

Do you think there will be a bounty board so people can see the kind of stuff is highly in demand?

This is not in the initial development plan, but it's definitely going to be considered as we see what kind of content people are interested in. For now, the amount of UFR required will be standardized based on file-size.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:11:36 AM

Short answer - we're going to try. All information sent across the network will be encrypted, so hopefully this will prevent this from happening. However, it's a decentralized app and thus users are responsible for what they choose to use it for.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:15:08 AM

2. Transaction fees:

Yes, this will decrease the number of tokens in circulation very slightly with each transaction. This will be offset by the in-app purchasing of tokens, which we plan to implement in some later versions of the app. Initially, the people who invested in the ICO/acquired tokens from exchanges will be the ones to pay seeders when the app goes live.
BLACKCOIN883

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:46:24 PM

There are no blockchain projects really taking on P2P file-sharing besides us, to my knowledge. Our biggest competitor is uTorrent/SoulSeek (non-blockchain projects). Part of the challenge is convincing users of those platforms to switch over to Upfiring, and that's where the incentives (UFR tokens) come in.

Why do you think that is? It makes a lot of sense, I'm just surprised no one has gotten on it before now.
danBitcoin

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:13:20 PM

Can you disclose who you've chosen for your legal counsel?
temple

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:37:42 PM

Guys, are you sure your math is correct behind this project? Quite a few questions arise after reading the Ann, and as I can see it's not only me who wonders..

I don't have the impression that they are completely off. What exactly do you mean?

<

%%%%%%%%%%(        
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%  %%     
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%  .%%%%   
   %%%%%%%%        %%%%%%%  
   %%%%%%%%       %%%%%%%%  
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%   
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%     
         %%%%%%%%%%%       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. OPEN MONEY PLATFORM .
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
{}
>
okspam

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:45:24 PM

Will you try to inhibit token volatility? If so, what methods would you use?
bananafana

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:09:49 PM

What would happen if the transactions did take longer than the download? Is there potential for fraud?
bananafana

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:22:35 PM

What would happen if the transactions did take longer than the download? Is there potential for fraud?

Anyone have any idea on this?
BLACKCOIN883

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:56:06 PM

Why do you think that is? It makes a lot of sense, I'm just surprised no one has gotten on it before now.

Doesn't SIA support file trading?
danBitcoin

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:48:03 PM

Anyone from UpFiring around to answer questions?
celestio

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:47:11 PM

This is not in the initial development plan, but it's definitely going to be considered as we see what kind of content people are interested in. For now, the amount of UFR required will be standardized based on file-size.

Yeah that makes sense. Do you plan for UpFiring to be more of a community than most current public trackers?

housebtc

"Telegram on Steroids"

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:52:00 PM

Short answer - we're going to try. All information sent across the network will be encrypted, so hopefully this will prevent this from happening. However, it's a decentralized app and thus users are responsible for what they choose to use it for.

From your answer, you guys are not even sure of 100% protection of users, trying is completely different from 100% encryption. It is better to offer something  new to the market that just rushing to take a cut of the ICO pie

okspam

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:42:12 PM

From your answer, you guys are not even sure of 100% protection of users, trying is completely different from 100% encryption. It is better to offer something  new to the market that just rushing to take a cut of the ICO pie

Or you could just turn on your VPN? Who doesn't have one nowadays?
BLACKCOIN883

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:45:23 PM

Any interesting partnerships that haven't been announced?
danBitcoin

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:39:51 PM

Yeah, even my grandma has one set up now. Just had to send her a guide on how to set it up.
okspam

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:25:11 PM

Yeah, even my grandma has one set up now. Just had to send her a guide on how to set it up.

Or you can set up a proxy within the client and not have to mess with it again. Super convenient.
celestio

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:23:01 PM

Yeah that makes sense. Do you plan for UpFiring to be more of a community than most current public trackers?

Or is it going to be more decentralized?

CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:44:05 PM

Crypto is still young, and there are still tons of opportunities in the space. Hence the explosion of crypto-startups over the past few months. Eventually I do think we will have competitors, but for now we're the only ones taking this on.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:47:21 PM

I can't (yet), until they release a public statement about Upfiring (likely an analysis of whether or not it is considered a security - of course we strongly believe that it is not, and do not intend for UFR to be used as such)
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:50:29 PM

No. Once the transaction is broadcast to the network, it cannot be stopped. That process only takes a second or two. What takes a few seconds (or sometimes minutes) is getting enough transaction confirmations for each UFR wallet to update their balance. The file won't be decrypted until this happens as per the smart contracts, so there is no potential for fraud.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:51:57 PM

No they don't. They offer incentives for storage but not sharing. They've stated they want to implement sharing, but it won't be incentivized like what we're doing.
BLACKCOIN883

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:04:34 PM

Crypto is still young, and there are still tons of opportunities in the space. Hence the explosion of crypto-startups over the past few months. Eventually I do think we will have competitors, but for now we're the only ones taking this on.

That is a good reason. I mean, even Ethereum is only a couple years old.
BLACKCOIN883

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:06:04 PM

No they don't. They offer incentives for storage but not sharing. They've stated they want to implement sharing, but it won't be incentivized like what we're doing.

After doing some more research, yeah you're right. Thanks for the answer.
danBitcoin

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:39:46 PM

I can't (yet), until they release a public statement about Upfiring (likely an analysis of whether or not it is considered a security - of course we strongly believe that it is not, and do not intend for UFR to be used as such)

If it were classified a security it would be subject to much more regulation?
okspam

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:02:38 PM

Any idea how long until that gets sorted out?
celestio

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:40:24 PM

I don't see any way they could classify it was a security.

temple

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:37:51 AM

That is pretty amazing because if you get your things done and right you will have an enormous first mover advantage. It will probably put you in the pole position for a very long time.

<

%%%%%%%%%%(        
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%  %%     
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%  .%%%%   
   %%%%%%%%        %%%%%%%  
   %%%%%%%%       %%%%%%%%  
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%   
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%     
         %%%%%%%%%%%       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. OPEN MONEY PLATFORM .
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
{}
>
BLACKCOIN883

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:42:24 PM

Have you heard of Flixxo? I was doing some research last night, and apparently it's an ICO utilizing P2P. How does it differ from UpFiring?
bananafana

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:36:58 PM

No. Once the transaction is broadcast to the network, it cannot be stopped. That process only takes a second or two. What takes a few seconds (or sometimes minutes) is getting enough transaction confirmations for each UFR wallet to update their balance. The file won't be decrypted until this happens as per the smart contracts, so there is no potential for fraud.

Okay, so worst case scenario there's a slight delay on token confirmation?
danBitcoin

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:08:26 PM

Is this right?
okspam

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:21:59 PM

Any sort of time frame?
deeltje

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:32:30 PM

Have you heard of Flixxo? I was doing some research last night, and apparently it's an ICO utilizing P2P. How does it differ from UpFiring?

From what I've heard they're entirely video based, a lot like the platform Popcorn Time but with a dedicated coin.
CarlosCorreia

INS Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 12:03:19 AM

Where can we see the total amount raised and the number of participants?

What will happen to the not saled tokens? Will they be burned?

How many tokens will be kept with the team?

CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:50:28 AM

Where can we see the total amount raised and the number of participants?

What will happen to the not saled tokens? Will they be burned?

How many tokens will be kept with the team?

Check the Etherscan link on the homepage for live updates, and look at the stats on top.

Tokens not sold during the contribution period will never be minted, so the total supply will be less. 19% of the total max token supply is set aside for the team.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:52:29 AM

Any sort of time frame?

Just an estimate, but if all goes well - hopefully in the next month or two.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:54:39 AM

They're focused directly on video-sharing, whereas Upfiring allows for several different file types.
daylox

Activity: 300

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:10:24 AM

Any demo or github code? To be honest, it looks like a scam, without any real product, but want to raise 40k ETH, it seems a joke. Do your class first, don't fool people.
CarlosCorreia

INS Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 03:36:43 AM

Check the Etherscan link on the homepage for live updates, and look at the stats on top.

Tokens not sold during the contribution period will never be minted, so the total supply will be less. 19% of the total max token supply is set aside for the team.

Yes, I had checked Etherscan. But you should have some stats in the website!

19% seems a lot to me! Usually the team percentage is way smaller.

I had some questions that got lost in the topic, can you please answer them.
I'm preparing an article on steemit about Upfiring and want to have all the facts.

Congratulations for Upfiting... I think this has potential to be huge!!

Most certainly I will be an investor, just got some questions to ease my investment.
Sorry is some questions were already answered, but I was collecting questions meanwhile reading the topic.

There is no information about the team. Will it be revealed?

This project will have a big weight on the developers. What is the current status of the app client?
What will be the milestones, and ETA's?

You say that all kind of content will be available to share, but how is this shared?
This is being compared to uTorrent like programs. Will there be sites to share the .torrent like files?
Torrents are often associated with illegal content. Could this be a problem?

Just found out the bounty programs. This is good because help spread the word about Upfiring! I just found this project!
But I think you should have a Signatura Campaign also! This forum is the biggest way to spread the word!
I really think the twitter and Facebook campaigns are not that good, because people outside cryptocurrency may see this as spam!

Will there be a bounty for blogging? I usually steeamit about my ICO's investments.

Are you considering partnering up with some already established crypto's? Like for instance a privacy coin.

diouf67

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:38:40 PM

One question I have, is there any way that files that aren't often seeded will have a higher reward for seeding? Nothing more frustrating than trying to download something obscure on utorrent and finding there are no seeds.

▃▃▃▌▌  STORIQA  ▐▐▃▃▃▃
Global marketplace
BLACKCOIN883

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:21:59 PM

I'm curious what UpFiring thinks of this.
danBitcoin

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:12:37 PM

Is this right?

Still curious about this, what would happen if it were considered a security?
okspam

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:31:43 PM

I'm curious what UpFiring thinks of this.

They answered at the top of this page.
deeltje

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:44:51 PM

I don't think they really incentivize it much like you plan on doing either, not super familiar with it though.
CarlosCorreia

INS Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 12:16:26 AM

Just did a post on steemit about Upfiring.
Please upvote and comment. Follow me for news and reviews on cryptocurrency.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@correia/my-ico-s-or-upfiring-ufr

Anything you have to say or correct me is welcome.

okspam

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:09:48 PM

Just did a post on steemit about Upfiring.
Please upvote and comment. Follow me for news and reviews on cryptocurrency.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@correia/my-ico-s-or-upfiring-ufr

Anything you have to say or correct me is welcome.

Looks nice, good work.
GoBelle

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:41:07 PM

Do you think you will ever be able to reveal the team?
celestio

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:45:56 PM

Do you see UpFiring being more community based, or more decentralized? Just trying to get a feel for the platform.

deeltje

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:56:53 PM

Can't seem to find a roadmap on your site, do you have one?
bananafana

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:13:49 PM

Where is the best place to get the most up to date track of your activities? This thread? Your Twitter?
CarlosCorreia

INS Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 07:20:55 PM

They have a small roadmap in the whitepaper.
https://upfiring.com/Upfiring_Whitepaper.pdf

cryptowilie

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 01:12:37 PM

I can vouch for this project. File sharing has been for a very long time been centralized. This has led to many of the file sharing sites such as utorrents to be frequently shutdown by the government in addition to many suits. also many people share files yet they do not get compensated for it. The Upfiring platform is a peer to peer decentralized file sharing app that will solve some of these problems. decentalisation of file sharing will ensure free file sharing with no government intervention. Also, those who share files will also be incentivised with UFR tokens.

Its simply a great project worth looking into.

check www.upfiring.com

StanJones

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:25:25 PM

I want to take part in ICO. How may I do It?
celestio

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:17:58 PM

Anyone from UpFiring around?

deeltje

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:27:55 PM

Oh yeah I see it now, thanks.
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 08:33:17 PM

Do you guys have any patents pending?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
GoBelle

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:36:43 PM

Do you think you will ever be able to reveal the team?

Or is it too much risk?
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:55:03 AM

Yep, this is accurate. More specific information can also be found in the whitepaper as well.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:55:36 AM

Do you see UpFiring being more community based, or more decentralized? Just trying to get a feel for the platform.

These are two different and independent things. It's going to be decentralized, but building a community of trusted downloaders and seeders is a huge part of what we're trying to accomplish with the app.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:56:56 AM

One question I have, is there any way that files that aren't often seeded will have a higher reward for seeding? Nothing more frustrating than trying to download something obscure on utorrent and finding there are no seeds.

The rewards will be based on file size. We may implement something like this down the line, however.
Buyingallcoinsz

Activity: 238

Hire me for your ANN and/or BOUNTY threads (PM)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:02:12 AM

What wallet do/will we use? Im not comfortable at all with using MEW.

rpgmasters

Activity: 196

https://t.me/CryptoPortfel

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:49:28 PM

What is the exact date of unlocking the tokens?

celestio

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:06:05 PM

These are two different and independent things. It's going to be decentralized, but building a community of trusted downloaders and seeders is a huge part of what we're trying to accomplish with the app.

So what will make it decentralized? Sorry for my ignorance.

GoBelle

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:26:13 PM

How would you describe your target audience?
deeltje

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:34:50 PM

Do you guys have any partnerships, or are you even looking for any?
bananafana

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:46:00 PM

Where is the best place to get the most up to date track of your activities? This thread? Your Twitter?

I'm guessing it's not here, can't seem to get a response.
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 07:54:35 PM

?

CarlosCorreia

INS Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 10:38:31 PM

?

Hmmmm...

Never thought about that!
Is there any cryptocurrency related patent issued?

temple

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:54:13 AM

The rewards will be based on file size. We may implement something like this down the line, however.

When it comes to storage, will your architecture function similarly to that of Storj?

<

%%%%%%%%%%(        
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%  %%     
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%  .%%%%   
   %%%%%%%%        %%%%%%%  
   %%%%%%%%       %%%%%%%%  
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%   
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%     
         %%%%%%%%%%%       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. OPEN MONEY PLATFORM .
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
{}
>
GoBelle

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:11:51 PM

How would you describe your target audience?

?
2andahalfBTC

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:17:24 PM

A p2p file-sharing project can be very successful.
okspam

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:31:13 PM

?

Hmmmm...

I've seen some using a sort of Proof of Creation to bypass patents.
deeltje

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:06:41 PM

Do you guys have any partnerships, or are you even looking for any?

Coinfarmer around?
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 07:27:34 PM

?

Hmmmm...

I've seen some using a sort of Proof of Creation to bypass patents.

That sounds interesting, can't find any PoC ICO's on a simple google search.

bananafana

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:41:26 PM

Incentivizing highly sought after content would be great.
temple

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:00:31 PM

Incentivizing highly sought after content would be great.

So is this similar to Storj with storage stuf? Or do you have a different architecture and incentive model?

<

%%%%%%%%%%(        
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%  %%     
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%  .%%%%   
   %%%%%%%%        %%%%%%%  
   %%%%%%%%       %%%%%%%%  
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%   
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%     
         %%%%%%%%%%%       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. OPEN MONEY PLATFORM .
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
{}
>
Monkey1

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:11:25 PM

It will be a better project than Storj and sia. If they make a deal with two companies, they can come to nice places.

▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
              ▄▄█∞══$&P▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄▄
           ▄██⌐^"'               "═▄═,▀▀▄
       ▄▀▄█▀                        `ⁿ▀▄\▀▄
     ▄▄²█▀                              ▀▀▄▀
    █▀▄█                                   ██▄
   █▄▀╛       ▄███▄  ███████▀ ██  ▐█▌       ▄█▄
  ▐▌,▀       ██▌ ▐██    ██    ██  ██         █▌█
  █╓-        ██▌ ▐█▀    ██    ██ ▐█▌         ▐▐ █
 ▐█▌         ██▌        ██    ██ ██           ▌⌐▌▌
 U█           ███       ██    ████▌           ▐▌▌▐
╟▐▐            ▀██      ██    ████▌            █▌█
█▐▐▌             ██▄    ██    ██▀██            ██
▐▐ ▀             ▐██    ██    ██ ██▌          ,█▌
 ▀▄▌▌        ▄█  ▐██    ██    ██ ▐██         ,▀█
  ▀▓ ⌐       ██▄ ▐██    ██    ██  ██▌       ╓`▀▌
   ╙█▀        ▀███▀     ██    ██   ██      ƒ▄▀█
     ██▄                                  █▀ █
      ▀▀█▄                              ▄█ ▄▀
       ╙▄▀▄▀π,                       ,▄█▀▀▀
         '═▌▄"▄"═             ,.∞═$██▀
             ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀
                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
STACK

●● TelegramTwitter ●●
Facebook ●●● Discord

CarlosCorreia

INS Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 12:31:04 AM

It will be a better project than Storj and sia. If they make a deal with two companies, they can come to nice places.

I already asked about partnerships... If there is any or if there are conversations in the way.
But my questions keep getting lost in the topic.

(Maybe I'm touching any sensitive spot  Grin)

okspam

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:59:02 PM

I already asked about partnerships... If there is any or if there are conversations in the way.

Yeah they must be pretty busy, haven't been getting answered either.
GoBelle

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:32:10 PM

A SIA partnership would be interesting.
deeltje

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:38:55 PM

Would it be using magnet links?
bananafana

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:47:59 PM

Yeah, but I don't really see that happening.
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 10:00:37 PM

It's not complete absurd though. A partnership would be cool.

okspam

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:52:00 PM

When is the presale?
GoBelle

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:09:45 PM

When is the presale?

They aren't doing one.
deeltje

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:29:12 PM

When is the presale?

They aren't doing one.

Bonuses?
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 05:07:08 PM

Nope. They aren't doing presales or bonuses because they wanted to keep things fair I think.

CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:28:06 AM

What wallet do/will we use? Im not comfortable at all with using MEW.

You can use any ERC20-compatible wallet. I recommend using a hardware wallet like Ledger/Trezor.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:29:01 AM

I believe it will be November 7th assuming all goes as planned. We have to distribute the bounty campaign tokens and then finalize the crowdsale contract.
CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:32:37 AM

When it comes to storage, will your architecture function similarly to that of Storj?

Not exactly. Storj splits up files and stores them on a bunch of different hosts, allowing hosts to earn coins for renting out their storage space. With Upfiring, the files will be stored on the seeders devices, so your files aren't being distributed to the a bunch of different peers in the network - only downloaders.
okspam

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:41:20 PM

Not exactly. Storj splits up files and stores them on a bunch of different hosts, allowing hosts to earn coins for renting out their storage space. With Upfiring, the files will be stored on the seeders devices, so your files aren't being distributed to the a bunch of different peers in the network - only downloaders.

That is a very distinct difference, thanks for the clarification.
LyyK

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:18:47 PM

Will the Upfiring protocol be available in "standalone form" or solely as an implementation in a proprietary software client?

As far as I can tell, Upfiring is far more comparable to Gnutella than it is BitTorrent. Is there any more detailed information about the technology than what is offered in the whitepaper? I'm highly wishful in regards to the future of incentivized P2P file-sharing but I have my doubts about what would essentially be an incentivized Limewire.
GoBelle

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:37:23 PM

Will the Upfiring protocol be available in "standalone form" or solely as an implementation in a proprietary software client?

As far as I can tell, Upfiring is far more comparable to Gnutella than it is BitTorrent. Is there any more detailed information about the technology than what is offered in the whitepaper? I'm highly wishful in regards to the future of incentivized P2P file-sharing but I have my doubts about what would essentially be an incentivized Limewire.

My feelings exactly. It has my full attention, but I'm also hesitant.
bananafana

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:56:56 PM

It's not complete absurd though. A partnership would be cool.

It seems borderline absurd to me. I don't see how it really benefits either of them.
deeltje

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:05:17 PM

I believe it will be November 7th assuming all goes as planned. We have to distribute the bounty campaign tokens and then finalize the crowdsale contract.

Hopefully you can stay on track, and if not hopefully you can keep us updated. Cheesy
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 07:23:53 PM

Are there any features you plan on offering that haven't been talked about here yet?

CoinFarmer

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:52:31 PM

It's not going to be an incentivized Limewire. You won't be able to directly search every single person's computer on the network for files in the same way, as this is just asking for trouble.

You'll be able to share directly with people you know and within communities, in a similar manner to the way that torrents are currently shared. 
LyyK

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:31:16 PM

It's not going to be an incentivized Limewire. You won't be able to directly search every single person's computer on the network for files in the same way, as this is just asking for trouble.

You'll be able to share directly with people you know and within communities, in a similar manner to the way that torrents are currently shared.  

Will all the communities you mentioned be indexed within the Upfiring client? All I'm really trying to figure out is whether Upfiring is a tool or a platform, because it's not entirely clear. I've already contributed to the ICO and I really do look forward to seeing how everything pans out. Meanwhile, I'm just trying to get a few questions answered.

EDIT: I found answers to most of my questions on the subreddit. Cheers
bambambam

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:32:34 AM

Was about to join the ico, but did some research and wanted to confirm this.

Team holds 400 mil tokens, right?
You have sold about 10 mil tokens, right?

With these numbers, why should I still join the ico?
LyyK

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:07:39 AM

Was about to join the ico, but did some research and wanted to confirm this.

Team holds 400 mil tokens, right?
You have sold about 10 mil tokens, right?

With these numbers, why should I still join the ico?

This has already been answered on the subreddit:
I've seen some concern expressed here on the fact that ~11 million tokens have been minted during the ICO, and the team members/developers would hold 190,000,000 UFR (19% of the max cap). This number was derived assuming the total supply would be 1 billion tokens (had we hit the hard cap). Considering that is not the case, the total supply of UFR actively held by the developers/team members is going to be scaled down so that team members do not collectively hold greater than 19% of the max supply.
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 02:31:15 PM

Are there any features you plan on offering that haven't been talked about here yet?

Huh

temple

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:49:33 PM

But if the files are stored on the seeders devices, what happens if the seeders devices crash? Are the files still accessible? Storj is strong because it has a high tolerance of node failures as files a stored in a decentralized way with some overlap. With your system, are files stored only on a single seeder's device?

<

%%%%%%%%%%(        
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%  %%     
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%  .%%%%   
   %%%%%%%%        %%%%%%%  
   %%%%%%%%       %%%%%%%%  
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%   
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%     
         %%%%%%%%%%%       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. OPEN MONEY PLATFORM .
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
{}
>
deeltje

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:06:37 PM

But if the files are stored on the seeders devices, what happens if the seeders devices crash? Are the files still accessible? Storj is strong because it has a high tolerance of node failures as files a stored in a decentralized way with some overlap. With your system, are files stored only on a single seeder's device?

Have you used P2P before? It's on as many devices as people who have downloaded it. So an unhealthy torrent doesn't have many seeders, and it is possible to lose stuff.
bananafana

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:57:32 PM

Have you used P2P before? It's on as many devices as people who have downloaded it. So an unhealthy torrent doesn't have many seeders, and it is possible to lose stuff.

But if it's in high enough demand, it will quickly gain seeders.
okspam

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:16:04 PM

But if it's in high enough demand, it will quickly gain seeders.

Especially on this system, which literally pays you money to seed high demand torrents.
Yur

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:20:54 PM

When will smart contract be unlocked?

C
Finally C is!!!
rpgmasters

Activity: 196

https://t.me/CryptoPortfel

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:20:06 PM

can i transfer my tokens??

GoBelle

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:36:00 PM

Limewire was a bad example I admit.
LyyK

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:03:39 PM

Limewire was a bad example I admit.
https://i.imgur.com/RpQtYnl.png
It honestly wasn't. In terms of how they presented their technology in the whitepaper, it's a perfectly valid comparison.
derickonfire

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:15:48 AM

Tokens still not transferable ?

gas being wasted here

vb01

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:37:07 AM

Tokens still not transferable ?

gas being wasted here
Yeah Devs, I've the same question. now that the Ico is over isn't the token open to transfer? I tried and it failed.

earthcoin

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 05:44:48 PM

When will smart contract be unlocked?

I'm also wondering.

deeltje

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:35:58 PM

I'm having trouble transferring tokens too.
bananafana

View Profile