Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:09:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: Wagerr possibly a scam  (Read 330 times)
wagerxx (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:24:17 PM

After 5 months I decided to sell all my Wagerr tokens. Listed below is the reasons.

1.) Team are inexperience in the space, works remotely, part-time, and contracted by Wagerr.

2.) No transparency and if you ask for any information you are told to wait for the updated emails which ends up being vague.

3.) They screwed up on a simple payout script for promotional bet which paid the winner 100 times their bet. This mistake costed the project roughly $250k of investors money.

4.) After 5 months they don't have a full development team or even a roadmap. Some of their key members have left the project.

5.) Poor communication with the community. If you try to ask for too much information the CEO will literally call you crazy.

6.) Moderators in their channel will delete factual statements that will make the project look bad.

7.) Project is doing so bad some of the investors that knows how to code made their own betting wallet using Wagerr token called "bettingbeforemainnet" which has no ties to the real project.

8.) Promise to release test and main net on January 15th, 2018 when they haven't hired a full development team. Are you kidding me? Expect excuses and more delays.

9.) Whitepaper said they've been working for a year on the codes and main net is ready to release after ICO but the last update e-mail states they will hire new developers, trash the old codes, and restart over due to "security" reasons.

10.) After 5 months the Wagerr team has produced nothing but a skinned Waves lite wallet. Hasn't proven any work has been done. Made numerous mistakes and has always came up with excuses and delays.

Please be aware of all these facts before you invest in Wagerr as it seems to be a scam. If it's not a scam then it's most likely is a failed project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Metros

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:38:52 PM

Why you are using fake nick? stealing one of the devs nicks and post it to make it like he left or something? you could at least use your own nick.

Many projects were called "possibly a scam" and ended up very succesful.

Remind you, Bitcoin is the mother of "scams".

They work on a complicated project and you are just being impatience.

Cheers.
a04191234

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 10:44:00 PM

Wagerr is scam
shab00mba

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:49:12 PM

Please be aware of all these facts before you invest in Wagerr as it seems to be a scam. If it's not a scam then it's most likely is a failed project.

You say facts, but no proof anywhere. even links to evidence?
wagerxx (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:55:43 PM

You say facts, but no proof anywhere. even links to evidence?

Below is their last update on the project. Read it yourself and you will see that it's filled with excuses and delays. Do your own due diligence as it's your money if you decide to invest.

"To achieve our new goals, the original prototypes for Wagerr must be discarded and replaced with more complex architecture. This change in design requires us to reboot development and make new hires, and we are currently in the process of onboarding two additional C++ blockchain developers."

"Consequently, we anticipate a 3-6 month delay of some near-term targets."

https://news.wagerr.com/mainnet-launch-on-track-team-expands/
cau

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:26:36 PM

Incidentally I just started today reading about this project and here you are with bummer  Wink Wink
imperatron

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:30:25 PM

After 5 months I decided to sell all my Wagerr tokens. Listed below is the reasons.

1.) Team are inexperience in the space, works remotely, part-time, and contracted by Wagerr.

2.) No transparency and if you ask for any information you are told to wait for the updated emails which ends up being vague.

3.) They screwed up on a simple payout script for promotional bet which paid the winner 100 times their bet. This mistake costed the project roughly $250k of investors money.

4.) After 5 months they don't have a full development team or even a roadmap. Some of their key members have left the project.

5.) Poor communication with the community. If you try to ask for too much information the CEO will literally call you crazy.

6.) Moderators in their channel will delete factual statements that will make the project look bad.

7.) Project is doing so bad some of the investors that knows how to code made their own betting wallet using Wagerr token called "bettingbeforemainnet" which has no ties to the real project.

8.) Promise to release test and main net on January 15th, 2018 when they haven't hired a full development team. Are you kidding me? Expect excuses and more delays.

9.) Whitepaper said they've been working for a year on the codes and main net is ready to release after ICO but the last update e-mail states they will hire new developers, trash the old codes, and restart over due to "security" reasons.

10.) After 5 months the Wagerr team has produced nothing but a skinned Waves lite wallet. Hasn't proven any work has been done. Made numerous mistakes and has always came up with excuses and delays.

I think we just had a thread before a couple of weeks. Its really necessary to open another thread? Maybe its better to post in the old one Smiley
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:58:36 PM

For those who'd like to invest in a betting project I'd rather suggest to give a look at Smartbillions, they've run a hackatlon to make sure their code is safe and investor won't lose their money. Their ICO is live right now.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:08:00 AM

Thank you for this information. Ill remove wagerr from my crypto monitoring list.  Smiley

tony_b

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 12:11:20 AM

I gave up on Wagerr months ago.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: