Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:07:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What country do you think will recognize Bitcoin as an official currency?  (Read 2078 times)
chrmn27

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:16:00 AM

I guess, coutries with highly-advanced technological status are more likely to approve bitcoin as their official currency. Nonetheless, they will still use their current currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sclmte

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:48:08 AM

No country will Smiley . All the countries will trust their own currency rather then depending on a currency whose price fluctuates a lot and even takes alot of time to confirm sometimes . So why to use such a currency when every country has its own well established currency
Exactly. No country will recognize bitcoin as their "official currency". Although it is recognized as a legitimate payment method but to be an official currency is impossible. For all we know bitcoin price is fluctuating everytime. Therefore, no country especially their government wont allow this to happen. And maybe, even those big and small business establishment wont let this to happen.
shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:07:49 AM

I think countries such as Switzerland and Estonia will be the few countries which will initially accept Bitcoin as an official currency. I think Japan already accepts Bitcoin all over the country.

amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:17:37 AM

for the moment that I know is a japanese state that has legalized bitcoin.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
xebecstyx

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:20:33 AM

I think for bitcoin to be a real currency, government have to accept it first.

So I ask what country do you think will recognize it as a currency?

Bitcoin is indeed a real currency.  There are countries who are moving in positive direction of recognizing bitcoin as currency. For that matter Japan has already recognized bitcoin as currency. [1]
Russia is also trying to get hold of bitcoin. One big problem with the bitcoin as currency acceptance is bitcoins nature of decentralized. This lack of control is something bothering govts to act against bitcoin or trade water safely.

[1] http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/04/02/japan-officially-recognises-bitcoin-currency-starting-april-2017/

Well, it is, to my mind, already an official currency. However, I think that at the moment, most countries already have their own currencies that has been named following a long process hinged on history, laws, and other means of choosing one country's currency. Due to that, it would be difficult to shift to another currency when most already have their own. I think, it would be more probable for bitcoin to be accepted as a legal currency that can be used to pay for services and goods or used to as an investment medium, because at the moment, only a few countries have sanctioned bitcoin to be used in that way.
portotoi

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:20:34 AM

Many countries today has already recognized the bitcoin as a currency, but many also have not yet. But as i heared Japan recognized it and I am so excited to have a tour in that country using my bitcoins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: