Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:16:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What country do you think will recognize Bitcoin as an official currency?  (Read 2074 times)
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:43:11 AM

I think for bitcoin to be a real currency, government have to accept it first.

So I ask what country do you think will recognize it as a currency?

The first country that comes on my mind is Japan. Bitcoin is already established in this country and they are already implementing acceptance of bitcoin in purchases in the retailer stores.
Japan as well as Singapore is also on list and more chances are to japan because they are now securing huge benefits from the bitcoin as compared to any other region Japanese are the wise nation and they believe in development and development will come due to this revolutionary bitcoin, and if this will happen everyone will want to go there to earn such valuable coin.

This is true.
Because, in my opinion Singapore and Japan also have many forms of life in common.
In essence, Japan must indeed be a paradise for bitcoin.
All this is seen from the name of its creator "Satoshi Nakamoto".
Satoshi Nakamoto the name is identical with the country of Japan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jinx029

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:48:35 AM

No one knows and this is impossible to happen, there will be no country that is interested of replacing their very own local currency in exchange for a decentralized cryptocurrency
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:08:21 AM

What is your definition of currency? Japan already accepts Bitcoins as a legal form of payment, though that may not fit your definition completely. No country has really come close to that as far as I know.

You have the point. Countries may build their own digital currency like Tether for USD but not Bitcoin as their primary currency since it did not originated from them. Different states have their own history and won't just make BTC as their own, they could use it as a tool but not literary their own currency. Blockchain is one hell of a technology and it can further advance. More countries are studying it and maybe in the near future making a digital currency of their own.
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:17:53 AM

That is a massive turn of events in one country if they will truly use bitcoin as their main currency. It will be like deleting their history from the paper money that they have been used to.
I always think of it as a payment option but not the main one. But if this will happen then it can only be Japan who can answer to this kind of change. The technology that they have could deal with bitcoin ATM's and other stuff that will deal with bitcoin.
When that happens? There will be a great change in the history of currency. People will adapt based on what government implement and I assure that is a tremendous problem in our country. People in my country knows that currency is physical and real. They think that digital currency is a scam. But for me, it is an ideal thing because part of globalization is to come up with the trends in our economy. We should innovates our system of currency and cryptocurrency has good effect in our economy.

notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:23:39 AM

It's already done in mine, but this has a double effect of allowing the state to tax us on the bitcoin

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:22:22 AM

Bitcoin is already getting recognize by the most developed countries because they are being attracted to the huge pump of the price of bitcoin that makes them think that bitcoin is a great choice of currency or an investment to be appropriate. Bitcoin can become an official currency if they will see that bitcoin is a really great opportunity and also less conflicts than other types of currencies.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:46:46 AM

The first country that comes on my mind is Japan. Bitcoin is already established in this country and they are already implementing acceptance of bitcoin in purchases in the retailer stores.
Japan as well as Singapore is also on list and more chances are to japan because they are now securing huge benefits from the bitcoin as compared to any other region Japanese are the wise nation and they believe in development and development will come due to this revolutionary bitcoin, and if this will happen everyone will want to go there to earn such valuable coin.

just so you know guys, our country (ph) are also planning to accept and legalize bitcoin as a secondary payment method next to our local currency which is peso (php) because  our governments and banks see that many filipinos are verry much active to this bitcoin and cryptocurrency. it is a  good news for us because we can now soon use our bitcoins easily straight to our bitcoin wallets to buy stuffs offline like for example in the malls , restaurants , cofee shop and other major establishments.  this will also a good help for bitcoin to expose more on public and to become a verry popular digital currency worldwide. though there were still  butthurts that keeps on discrediting bitcoin and making a false hoax news that says bitcoin is a scam blah blah blah.
lelahkenabanned

Activity: 329

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:34:08 AM

yes you are right, before bitcoin enters in a country and in for the payment instrument bitcoin must first be legalized by government and local bank that exist, they should be able to work together so bitcoin can circulate in that country.
Gladz29

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:31:00 PM

No country will Smiley . All the countries will trust their own currency rather then depending on a currency whose price fluctuates a lot and even takes alot of time to confirm sometimes . So why to use such a currency when every country has its own well established currency
Maybe China,will be the first to legalized bitcoin one of their currency. And I hope all over the world. So everyone can use it, and spend using bitcoin. But it depends in the country if they allowed to their people to used bitcoin. If they see the progress of their community using bitcoin maybe the government will pursue to used bitcoin.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:11:19 PM

No country will Smiley . All the countries will trust their own currency rather then depending on a currency whose price fluctuates a lot and even takes alot of time to confirm sometimes . So why to use such a currency when every country has its own well established currency
Maybe China,will be the first to legalized bitcoin one of their currency. And I hope all over the world. So everyone can use it, and spend using bitcoin. But it depends in the country if they allowed to their people to used bitcoin. If they see the progress of their community using bitcoin maybe the government will pursue to used bitcoin.
China is totally out of bitcoin right now since from the day that they are banning cryptocurrency in their country. So, there is no reason that bitcoin will be legalized in their country and much more to become a legal currency.
As far as I know, no country have making any digital currency as official currency. Though some countries are legalizing this bitcoin but they don't consider it as an official currency. This is due to the adoption of bitcoin and its used are not totally acceptable worldwide.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:28:58 PM

Bitcoin is indeed a real currency.  There are countries who are moving in positive direction of recognizing bitcoin as currency. For that matter Japan has already recognized bitcoin as currency. [1]
Russia is also trying to get hold of bitcoin. One big problem with the bitcoin as currency acceptance is bitcoins nature of decentralized. This lack of control is something bothering govts to act against bitcoin or trade water safely.

[1] http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/04/02/japan-officially-recognises-bitcoin-currency-starting-april-2017/

Yeah i think it is a currency already. So far in my country we cannot use it as a payment to any hotels or restaurant. I am looking forward to that. In Japan for sure it is recognize by japanese, i guess it all started there. I dint know about in Russia, but why not maybe they are starting to embrace bitcoin. Bitcoin is all over the country. Different races are using bitcoin and they got privilege to earn in different ways. So far in my country we dont have problem with bitcoin. I havent heard that our government is violently reacting with it. 
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:48:53 PM

China is totally out of bitcoin right now since from the day that they are banning cryptocurrency in their country.

China is still a mayor player when it comes to their mining farms. On top of that, there are still exchanges operating there, but just not in combination with actual fiat. If they were totally out of Bitcoin as you say, the aforementioned aspects wouldn't be possible to be maintained. It might be that China will eventually ban every aspect related to crypto in its entirety, but I think the chances for this to happen are fairly low. I strongly believe that it's nothing more than an attempt to buy themselves more time in order to come up with severe regulations. China is insanely paranoid when it comes to a wide field of things, and if they wanted to get rid of Bitcoin, a complete ban would have already been initiated.
jackiemixon2

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:01:43 PM

Certainly , it's Japan.
btc_angela

Activity: 2590
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:30:36 PM

Certainly , it's Japan.

Japan and Australia already recognized bitcoin as far as I know.

As for China, they are moving on the opposite direction so they are out as far as making bitcoin as a official currency. Although they still have the majority of bitcoin mining farms, so we can't take that away from them. But if the PBoC decided to crack it down then it's gonna be a different picture then. They are a major player on bitcoin mining, taking them out will be a huge impact on us.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
BlackBi88

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:18:09 PM

From my point of view, no country will accept BTC as a formal currency at present or next time. The reason is that the government fears cryptocurrency and especially Bitcoin will affect the development of the national economy. If a country does not accept the BTC as its official currency, the country has inadvertently made its currency insignificant compared to the BTC because it is now at a very high exchange rate, even higher than gold. So I think no country will accept the BTC at this time as the official currency.  Smiley
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:23:21 PM

Bitcoin is indeed a real currency but at now there is no country which will be accept Bitcoin for their national or official currency.
Leane Lee Natividad Cuenc

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:20:36 PM

What is your definition of currency? Japan already accepts Bitcoins as a legal form of payment, though that may not fit your definition completely. No country has really come close to that as far as I know.
I dont have any idea for now because im newbie here.

bestbiz9

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:27:37 PM

I think the 1st countries that will approve bitcoin are those deeply affected with inflation , and by accepting bitcoin they will be able to get a currency that is much more powerful and valuable than theirs . And when using it they'll have huge profits and maybe do good by their economic system and improve the spending scale of it's citizens , so 3rd world countries are the ones concerned the more with such decisions .
Pompa

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:26:07 PM

In my country he did not recognized bitcoin as an official currency now I don't know if he can accept a official currency someday in my country its not legalized but I have country already accept bitcoin maybe someday in my country he can accept bitcoin
Iqram fahmisyi

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:10:50 AM

if I do not have any country that makes bitcoin as official currency but if its acknowledged it is now very much one of them Israel, they even plan to make a special bank for bitcoin .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: