Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:56:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best wallet and software for Antminer R4  (Read 671 times)
AkaSnake (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:14:00 AM

Hello guys, I will be getting an Antminer R4 this weekend and I would like to know which wallet I should go for (I'm Canadian if it matters) and what is the best software (For example, WinMiner) or mining pool for me to use my Antminer R4 with to have the most profits, thank you in advance! Smiley
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:57:17 PM

Hello guys, I will be getting an Antminer R4 this weekend and I would like to know which wallet I should go for (I'm Canadian if it matters) and what is the best software (For example, WinMiner) or mining pool for me to use my Antminer R4 with to have the most profits, thank you in advance! Smiley
a. Do at least a little research before spending money...
Bitmain's miners do not use software. They are stand-alone miners. Setup is done via browser but after that no outside computer needed.

b. I prefer using blockchain.info for wallet and Coinbase for exchanging.

c. Pool is Kano.is

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
AkaSnake (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:53:02 PM

Bitmain's miners do not use software. They are stand-alone miners. Setup is done via browser but after that no outside computer needed.

c. Pool is Kano.is

Thanks for the info buddy, so you wouldn't recommend WinMiner? And I saw that Kano.is uses PPLNS for the payment method, is that the preferred method usually? Thanks!
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:05:02 PM

c. Pool is Kano.is

Thanks for the info buddy, so you wouldn't recommend WinMiner? And I saw that Kano.is uses PPLNS for the payment method, is that the preferred method usually? Thanks!
At quick glance, Winminer is mainly for altcoins - they mention profit switching (between various coins) and that does NOT apply to mining BTC. Along that line, you do know that the R4 mines ONLY Bitcoin (or one of the very few SHA256D altcoins) right? Do a Wikipedia search on BTC Payment plans for breakdown of what they are.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:27:09 PM

Mine prefer that almost same many other here
Blockchain.info for wallet and coinbase is the best exchange as you live in Canada.

AkaSnake (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:43:51 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 05:22:55 PM by AkaSnake

Mine prefer that almost same many other here
Blockchain.info for wallet and coinbase is the best exchange as you live in Canada.

Awesome thanks a lot! Smiley

And which pool do you use?

c. Pool is Kano.is

At quick glance, Winminer is mainly for altcoins - they mention profit switching (between various coins) and that does NOT apply to mining BTC. Along that line, you do know that the R4 mines ONLY Bitcoin (or one of the very few SHA256D altcoins) right? Do a Wikipedia search on BTC Payment plans for breakdown of what they are.

Yeah I do know the R4 only mines Bitcoins, I forgot it mainly mines altcoins, thanks.

Edit: I set up my wallet with blockchain but Coinbase doesn't allow Canadians to withdraw money to a bank account. Any suggestions for a website guys?
Technor

Activity: 77
Merit: 105

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 07:39:50 PM

Wherry can i get a ledger

BitcoinboyBlog

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 12:33:54 PM

Bitmain's Antminers come preinstalled with a software that you cannot change, nor would you want to change it. It works perfectly how it is. It does not run windows.

Hello guys, please am very new here and have been looking for answers about Antminer s9 , some guys at going around saying they have it and they needed enough Wallets to add to the hardware to mine more, they ask for wallet ID, password after which one can change it then fund ur wallet to be able to mine BTC. Pls anyone with experience if is scam , also can they still hVe access to one wallet despite changing the password? Pls those using Antminer s9 how does it works? Do you needs more wallets I'd and password to be able to increase ur mining? What after dropping changing password hope the miner won't still have access to my wallet? Thanks

I think that you should create a new thread about that instead of spamming in in other threads.

liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:42:36 PM

Bitmain's Antminers come preinstalled with a software that you cannot change, nor would you want to change it. It works perfectly how it is. It does not run windows.

Bro, I have went the set up video for antminer s9 but there is clarified information how to set the threshold for the payment, Where to set the payment wallet address after threshold amount exceeded, how to moniter the mining process and all. If there is any link to refer the above things I mentioned please direct below or send a pm as a help bro. arranging money buy antminer s9.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████