Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:57:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin eventually disappear...  (Read 4221 times)
thevlox

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:26:53 AM

No bitcoin will not be able to disappear. Thinking technically, bitcoin that turns out to be very popular in a coin has become a coin. There is a lot of names in Bitcoin all over the world. And bitcoin's success does not end. Bitcoin is also being used in the banking side. So we can say bitcoin may not be disappear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dankboner83

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:33:01 AM

I think we still have some ways to deal with it.
As other altcoins, we can still figure out coins that are 'dead', or coins that in wallets that are inactive, and ignore them by making a swap for the new coins to take over.
Or if it  actually gets destroyed, we will just stop using it as we have a lot of other coins to make use of.
Kingsingle

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:35:07 AM

BTC can hardly disappear from this world, I believe they will last forever and thrive in the next few years.
Samohunk

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:50:49 PM

Well, in this 3rd quarter of 2018 Bitcoin may become in a small number, but there are 21 million number of bitcoin available in the internet, so it would unlikely to happen. If and when that will happen, the price of bitcoin will be very high because of the demand and supply law. If the supply is law and demand is high, the price will also high. Just have faith, and keep the good work.
Zadeket

Activity: 81

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 02:51:28 PM

Maybe in the future they will find a way to gain access to those "lost" coins. I'm not much into programming but the way I understand it is because of its tight security unless you know the private key to the addresses then you can't move those coins. If it weren't, security is nothing. So, we'll just see what happens.
Bitcoin is hacked, like money at a stolen ATM. So security is our own responsibility. It's better to save Bitcoin in an offline wallet, because it's safer. In addition to the code stored in the software, you must save it manually, to avoid damaged software. If the code is lost, the bitcoin is lost.
lelylely

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 03:38:11 PM

Maybe that can happen if everyone on crypto thinks bitcoin is meaningless and that will reduce the value of bitcoin. But before you have such thoughts, you must see the popularity of bitcoin and bitcoin being the most valuable in crypto, so bitcoin will not be lost.

spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:04:16 AM

Maybe so, but if that should happen (and that's a long shot) then the price of the unowned Bitcoin will skyrocket since everyone else owns or lost it. But it will not be healthy if Bitcoin didn't circulate so by the time that almost all Bitcoins are lost, we have moved on to another coin or better yet, had a more sophisticated verification retrieve lost coins.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
bce

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:55:11 AM

It could happen, as there really is a low circulation of whole bitcoins in the world compared to the amount of people. Over time a lot of them will be lost and have been lost already, I'm not sure many people will like to use tiny decimal amounts in the long run. You could also argue that bitcoin is the first iteration of a working digital currency and it seems inevitable that an improved implementation will take the market share.
no one knows for sure the development of cryptocurrency information that says bitcoin will be lost often we hear and see even years ago, but in fact it can still be accessed and invested
AlexKr

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:39:31 AM

It is interesting for me. People deliberately spread panic in order to achieve even greater fall of BTC, or do they really think so ?. I am sure that nothing will happen to BTC, because there is too much money here.
fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:18:44 AM

It is interesting for me. People deliberately spread panic in order to achieve even greater fall of BTC, or do they really think so ?. I am sure that nothing will happen to BTC, because there is too much money here.
with the increasing number of bitcoiners, then it is difficult to move the market significantly with its funds. so they make negative news about it, and move bitcoiner's panic to achieve the goals they want

squog

Activity: 462

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:29:19 AM

That is true! I didn't think about that. But with the supply now and people learning fron their  mistakes i think it will take a while before that happens. Once that happens maybe we'll see different scenarios. One will be that Bitcoin will lose value and we'll look at a different coin or we'll use a more sophisticated verification to retrieve lost coins.

reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:45:29 AM

Bitcoin is not going to disappear. Despite the numerous attacks coming from the media, banks and governments, Bitcoin has proven to its investors beyond all doubts by stabilizing its price range between $6500 to $6700. Bitcoin is gradually and strategically growing its support from the investors and with time, BTC will become the most valuable coin on the market.
Capt00

Merit: 105

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:57:37 AM

I think bitcoin was not eventually disappearing, it is stored with someone else wallet and stored, and some are numbers are in bitcoin miners storage. It is impossible to happen that it will disappear, perhaps it will be long-term existed because people are already trusted on this coin a digital currency. They think that it will more much profitable after how many years of holding, just like an asset.
And I personally believed that this digital money(bitcoin) will have a great value near in the future.
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 03:59:54 AM

There will be a fixed number if Bitcoins, and people, because of human error, will accidentally lose Bitcoins every now and then.

This must mean that Bitcoin will eventually seize to exist? Or at least shrink to minimal amounts, when it shrinks to a certain level, it will no longer be useful.

Is this correct?

Maybe it will be the opposite since the bitcoins with low amount of supply means a higher market price increase in the near future. This will relatively help the bitcoin market price to move that high and if ever it will reach to 30% of bitcoin that has been lost then bitcoin dev could create a bitcoin 2 to and then merge in with the original bitcoin. This will help the bitcoin supply to grow more.
wahyu wida

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 04:30:17 AM

I think bitcoin was not eventually disappearing, it is stored with someone else wallet and stored, and some are numbers are in bitcoin miners storage. It is impossible to happen that it will disappear, perhaps it will be long-term existed because people are already trusted on this coin a digital currency. They think that it will more much profitable after how many years of holding, just like an asset.
And I personally believed that this digital money(bitcoin) will have a great value near in the future.
i think like that too. more and more countries are introducing bitcoin to their communities, and this will grow later. with the increasing number of bitcoin users, it certainly makes bitcoin grow better
senin

Merit: 137

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 04:34:54 AM

There will be a fixed number if Bitcoins, and people, because of human error, will accidentally lose Bitcoins every now and then.

This must mean that Bitcoin will eventually seize to exist? Or at least shrink to minimal amounts, when it shrinks to a certain level, it will no longer be useful.

Is this correct?

Of the 17 million bitcoins already mined, more than six million are considered lost forever. Given the rise in the price of Bitcoin, people will treat it more carefully, but this will not exclude its further losses anyway. Therefore, of course, over time, the number of bitcoins in circulation will decrease, if you do not take into account its further production, and this will have a certain impact on the increase in its price.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:10:24 AM

Is this correct?

nope, it does not work that way, remember the rule on economics, if the supplies decreases, the price will increase, and when the supplies ran out, but the demand stays as is, in case bitcoin was lost due to inaccessible wallets, still, it is considered on the total market supplies, bitcoin cannot have a fixed number because bitcoin can be mined. and it can never be useless even when it reaches its low price, someone will buy it then the cycle continues, it is where bitcoin survive, the traffic that was created buy the buying and selling activity of the users. 

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:35:58 AM

I see this possibilty far from happening in the real world. Maybe it could happen if 90 percent of the total volume of coins is lost. With the very big supply that bitcoin holds it really quite impossible  to lose that much. If this is intended to be a FUD then this for me could be the funniest joke I have read! Thanks!

Nelsonmedias11

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:55:17 AM

I don't think so, Bitcoin has existed for many years although its value may be up and down but it always has an important position in every investor. Maybe the years or next time there will be certain changes in the cryptocurrency market. However, personally, I don't think bitcoin will disappear.
inding

Activity: 91

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:41:20 AM

I think this is the wrong view. Market ups and downs are very normal. Bitcoin will land when it takes off, so there is no big prize, but it won't disappear.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: