Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:37:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwolla for BTC  (Read 905 times)
nickha0 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:52:19 AM

Hello,

MTgox denied my verification request... again... so I'm looking to use alternate methods. I have $50 in dwolla that I would like to exchange for an equivalent BTC. I understand if you are leery about doing that all at once, I am myself. So we can split it up or use escrow (I'm a noob to the whole escrow thing though... so a little hand holding would be appreciated  Tongue), one way or the other I'd like to use my dormant Dwolla funds for BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:39:29 AM

Hello,

MTgox denied my verification request... again... so I'm looking to use alternate methods. I have $50 in dwolla that I would like to exchange for an equivalent BTC. I understand if you are leery about doing that all at once, I am myself. So we can split it up or use escrow (I'm a noob to the whole escrow thing though... so a little hand holding would be appreciated  Tongue), one way or the other I'd like to use my dormant Dwolla funds for BTC.

You can use Bitinstant to get funds into MtGox even though the fees are annoying.  That's how I got started with the whole Bitcoin ting.

But even better is to use Dwolla with CampBx. I set up an acct with them and used Dwolla and no wait at all, I don't think. I just transferred my funds into CampBx and they were ready to use.

The downside is that their trading volume isn't great so spread is not as small as Gox and now you can't transfer BTC out of there for 30 days after you set up and acct with Dwolla. So major drawbacks there I agree.
leinem

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:04:47 PM

pmed Grin
rockrhino27

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:03:55 PM

I could have sworn about a week ago I transferred $20 from Dwolla to CampBX.  Bought BTC with it, then that same day transferred the BTC out of CampBX to my wallet.  Today I noticed the Dwolla transfer warning on CampBX's website.  I don't think I understand how it works.  Is it saying that if I transfer USD into CampBX from Dwolla, I WILL NOT be able to transfer USD from CampBX to Dwolla for 31 days?  Kind of confusing....   

Has anybody had their transfer blocked due to this rule with CampBX? 

Huh
data_teks

Activity: 267
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:30:13 PM

Yeah this happened to me as well. The 31 days is only for new accounts and only happens once; this was suppose to take effect on May 1, but it took them until just a few days ago to put it into action.

I created my account on May 11 at CampBX (got verified in less than 12 hours) and did two transfers from dwolla (500 and 700), bought bitcoins and then transfered to my wallet. My third deposit, 2 days ago, is now under their new hold policy. I don't understand CampBX, as Dwolla changed their policy where users can no longer chargeback for e-currency transactions. But whatever

Just have to wait it out as they say it is a one time thing.
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 09:59:19 PM

Yeah this happened to me as well. The 31 days is only for new accounts and only happens once; this was suppose to take effect on May 1, but it took them until just a few days ago to put it into action.

I created my account on May 11 at CampBX (got verified in less than 12 hours) and did two transfers from dwolla (500 and 700), bought bitcoins and then transfered to my wallet. My third deposit, 2 days ago, is now under their new hold policy. I don't understand CampBX, as Dwolla changed their policy where users can no longer chargeback for e-currency transactions. But whatever

Just have to wait it out as they say it is a one time thing.

I transfer funds in and out of CampBX with Dwolla all the time and don't have any issues.  I think i created my acct in April though.

And the 30 day thing is supposed to be about transferring BTC out of CampBX.  So maybe there is something new I'm not aware of it but post a link or copy/paste so we know what you are talking about.
data_teks

Activity: 267
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:28:41 PM

https://campbx.com/dwolla.php
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: