Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:01:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Licensing Coin Marketplace 🎥 Your One-Stop Shop for Licensed Media  (Read 1106 times)
andrewjchapin (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 01:17:06 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2017, 06:23:33 PM by andrewjchapin

The Vision
The development team at Licensing Coin is creating a blockchain-powered one stop shop marketplace for all current licensed forms of media.

Our ten-person consortium will be comprised of top industry partners on both sides of the marketplace, including publishers and media rights-holders. We have secured involvement from name-brand publishers, Hollywood big-wigs, and technology partners to create a marketplace ready for the mainstream. Two board members, including myself (the ICO governance advisor and project lead) and our technical advisor, have been announced. Four additional advisors will be announced on 10/9, with the remaining four advisors announced on 11/15.

This is the first public skinnyICO, which means we are raising less than $1 million, are controlled by multiple organizations and companies, and focus on only a few methods of communication rather than the full suite. This BitcoinTalk thread, our Twitter account, and our e-mail list are the only official communication channels. Any other communication channel is fake.

The Problem
Current licensing tools and processes are built as closed systems, resulting in limited selection. Companies specialize in specific mediums, meaning publishers need multiple sources to find what they need.

Rights-holders typically handle licensing on a case-by-case basis. This requires publisher relationships with hundreds of different groups, a time-intensive process which results in missed opportunities and lost revenue.

Our Solution
The full range of media, encompassing all mediums & a plethora of sources will be available on the Licensing Coin Marketplace. This means that publishers will have access to photography, video, audio, and text from both professional and user-generated sources.

All Licensing Coin Marketplace transactions will be backed by our legal framework and smart contracts.  Offering a standardized set of smart contracts will mean a faster turn-around time, less legal work, and a more direct path to the transaction.

Our transaction fee? 1%. That beats the market—by a lot. (They charge upwards of 30%).

The LCM smart contract system means each party can partner with confidence, knowing that our system prevents abuse and fraud. The LC cryptotoken also means we can offer same-day billing settlement, complete pricing transparency, and no international transaction fees.

The Licensing Coin Marketplace Consortium brings good governance to a space which sorely needs it. Our ten-member group offers representation from both sides of the marketplace, all mediums, and includes experienced operators. Further, our cryptotoken will follow guidance provided by the ICO Governance Foundation.

The Platform
One single platform to search, discover, and purchase licensed media.

Details & Dates
Angel Stake (September 2017) 5,000,000 @ $0.02 USD
Pre-Sale (October 15th 2017) - 10,000,000 @ $0.05 USD
Launch (January 2018) 85,000,000 @ $0.10 USD
Total Supply: 100,000,000 @ $0.091 USD

October:
Private Angel stake sale ($100k)
Announcement: legal team & five board seats
Development: alpha sprint begins
Pre-sale begins ($500k)

November:
Announcement: final three industry board seats; full list of launch partners

December:
Announcement: full list of launch exchanges
Launch beta; accessible to all pre-sale tokenholders

January:

Launch on public marketplace
Listing: LC exchange availability
Vote for shareholders on 2018 distribution plan
Announcement: quarterly marketplace performance number
Hire sales staff

February
Announcement: open add’l spots for content partners for Q3 ’18

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
supermario64

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:40:29 PM

is a 1% transaction fee enough to build a business? getty and others charge 30% because they need to support the entire cost structure. margins aren't huge, i don't think.
andrewjchapin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 03:46:43 PM

You're not wrong but we don't carry the same cost structure that organizations like Getty do, especially since the supply-side of our marketplace will be filled by members of the consortium.

Thanks for the interest!
halaby_avi

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:55:16 PM

Could you explain how a "normal" person like myself might use this service? I know when I've tried to find a stock photo or maybe something from a Getty-like service, it's usually cost prohibitive. With this model, is it possibly more friendly to everyday consumers?
andrewjchapin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 04:23:16 PM

Could you explain how a "normal" person like myself might use this service? I know when I've tried to find a stock photo or maybe something from a Getty-like service, it's usually cost prohibitive. With this model, is it possibly more friendly to everyday consumers?
We're certainly building this to be a B2B tool but it will be available to all. Prices will be set by the suppliers, but we're going to have a wide range of supply-side vendors including those who provide user-generated content. Generally, that means lower prices.

Our goal isn't necessarily to be the cheapest licensing solution. It's more about bringing parties together, eliminating friction, and bringing the two parties closer to the transaction.
supermario64

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:44:43 PM

We're certainly building this to be a B2B tool but it will be available to all. Prices will be set by the suppliers, but we're going to have a wide range of supply-side vendors including those who provide user-generated content. Generally, that means lower prices.

Our goal isn't necessarily to be the cheapest licensing solution. It's more about bringing parties together, eliminating friction, and bringing the two parties closer to the transaction.
who are the board members?
frumjanet

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:49:38 PM

As someone who has spent some time trying to purchase licensing during my bout with trying to run my own small media company, I can tell you firsthand that this is something that is direly needed, whether it be on the blockchain or not. 

Paying an exorbitant amount to licensing companies to get photos or videos of a current event that happened halfway across the country is frustrating and time-consuming.  I truly hope this can change all that it's promised to! I will be following this closely!
halaby_avi

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:04:52 PM

What is the benefit of doing this on the blockchain?
Also, what's to stop me from just getting pictures or media off twitter or facebook?
andrewjchapin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 07:19:00 PM

We'll announce some next week - hang tight!

Also, what's to stop me from just getting pictures or media off twitter or facebook?
This is more about the B2B use-case, where companies may want to use photos for things like advertising or other commercial purposes. You need to secure licensing rights to do so legally.
Kryptowolf512

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 07:23:59 PM

Any bounties?
andrewjchapin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 07:34:57 PM

Any bounties?
Over here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2234475
halaby_avi

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:48:43 PM

This is more about the B2B use-case, where companies may want to use photos for things like advertising or other commercial purposes. You need to secure licensing rights to do so legally.

Thank you! So many people just blindly violate copyright laws. As a digital artist myself, I've found my photography and illustrations used online with zero attribution, let alone permission. I'm glad there's going to be a way to do this with full transparency on every step of the process. Great idea!
andrewjchapin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 05:36:10 PM

Thank you! So many people just blindly violate copyright laws. As a digital artist myself, I've found my photography and illustrations used online with zero attribution, let alone permission. I'm glad there's going to be a way to do this with full transparency on every step of the process. Great idea!
Smiley Hopefully our user-generated photo integration will help.
andrewjchapin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 05:38:10 PM

UPDATE: We'll announce new board members at the beginning of the coming week. Hang tight!
adarwis

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:03:43 PM

wow, I really like the vision you made and can not wait for the next news from this great project

UPDATE: We'll announce new board members at the beginning of the coming week. Hang tight!
okay, I'm excited for the next update
karaschoen

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:45:19 PM

Looking for some critical analysis of this coin. I love the idea but wondering if Licensing Coin should really be more ambitious-- $500k cap seems low to really take this on.
andrewjchapin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 06:54:35 PM

Licensing Coin is mentioned in my Hackernoon post this AM: https://hackernoon.com/what-i-look-for-as-an-ico-advisor-26d854e93175
tomboi

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:21:35 PM

Really nice, I'm always have to get something that are protected by license and having hard time to get them, but with this i hope it will make it easier.
andrewjchapin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 07:40:31 PM

LICENSING COIN IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR SALE

http://licensingcoinmarketplace.com is the ONLY authorized source for LC.
frumjanet

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:19:45 PM

Checked out the website....when are you guys going to post some new partners?  I'm interested in buying but not until I see the team.

I hope you guys post something soon.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: