Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:02:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Disrupting Wall Street  (Read 495 times)
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:02:12 PM

It won't disrupt it but it will become a part of it. Many Wall Street traders have switched to cryptocurrencies because they are booming. It's only a matter of time before cryptos rush in there and change the way people think and trade. It's basically the same thing as stocks. All is done on computers, without the use of real money. The only difference is that stocks are represented by registered companies and Bitcoin is an independent thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:07:32 PM

I've started recently reading A LOT about blockchains and cryptocurrency. Do you really think that this is the technology that will finally disrupt Wall Street?  After China and South Korea banned the ICO's (and cryptocurrency in China) I am still sceptikal. What do you think and how can we achieve it faster?

Don't you think they are already being disrupted by the increasing usage of Bitcoins through normal people?
They are extremely butthurt because of which many of their employees as well as some of the big names are coming up shouting "Bitcoin is Fraud! This & That! Blah Blah Blah!"
They are scared of the technology already and when people start saying something negative about you, you should feel happy because that's when you are succeeding.  Wink
ricmerrifieldICO

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:16:21 PM

There's a rumor that a company is about to get a letter from the SEC that the token in their ICO is not a security.  The offering is specifically aimed at KYC (Know Your Customer) and AML (Anti-Money Laundering) regulations. Wouldn't that be a major event for Wall Street and the investment community in embracing cryptocurrencies?
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:20:59 PM

I've started recently reading A LOT about blockchains and cryptocurrency. Do you really think that this is the technology that will finally disrupt Wall Street?  After China and South Korea banned the ICO's (and cryptocurrency in China) I am still sceptikal. What do you think and how can we achieve it faster?

Don't you think they are already being disrupted by the increasing usage of Bitcoins through normal people?
They are extremely butthurt because of which many of their employees as well as some of the big names are coming up shouting "Bitcoin is Fraud! This & That! Blah Blah Blah!"
They are scared of the technology already and when people start saying something negative about you, you should feel happy because that's when you are succeeding.  Wink

I think they aren't.
Wall Street is a giant compared to BTC when it comes to the money. They could invest in it and never see the indexes move, showing there was any outflow of money. I'm certain some of the traders are differentiating and experimenting with crypto trading. These two things can coexist. We don't need one of them taking over the other.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:12:11 PM

I can't say that it will really happen but in what I am seeing right now and feeling is that Bankers will be vanish soon or maybe going on a downtrend because of this cryptocurrency thing that is emerging if they will not adapt the potential of the blockchain technology then they will be left behind in the future, but everything can happen maybe they will talk to the powerful people that will fight against cryptocurrencies or they will just join the growth of it.

We can't decide to what will happen in the future, let's just hope and wait for the good thing to happen.
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:35:37 AM

I'm sure that's not gonna happen at all. Wall Street is all about the central banks and the stock exchanges who are dealing with the money that they will never want to go off the charts. They will surely suppress the crypto economy before it hits their door ways.

The ban from two countries is not even closely related to Wall Street because they don't have any coherent relation in between. China Korea ban will not even shake the bitcoin price anymore as we saw already. I don't think bitcoin will fall and it will crawl down to Wall Street.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:40:28 AM

China will come back to the crypto scene that is for sure. They will need it for the future and to sustain their innovation economy.
I think Wall Street will adapt to blockchain and crypto currencies, let's not forget Wall Street has tons of smart people they recruit directly out of universities.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: