Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:35:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If selling B2X, how much will the trading platform matter?  (Read 181 times)
Kloug (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:11:50 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 05:31:29 AM by Kloug

I can imagine the B2X getting way different values at the time of release, on different platforms.
I mean, arbitraging will take time (assuming some people will be doing that), while many will probably sell it as soon as they can.

Anyone thinks one specific platform will end up trading it higher, and why?
Or anyone sees a good reason to hold it, for how long, if not forever?

Additionnally, when selling during a fall, whether it'll be BTC or B2X, do you use limit or market orders? I'm a bit scared that a market order will end up selling for very low, in the case everyone does it at the very same time (like for the BTG) and buyers haven't adjusted yet, is it best to use a limit order there? (& what do you estimate to be a sane limit for this predicted dip?)

Because I prefer to play things safe, I had sold mine way before the BTG. Watched the dip realtime, it was fun to watch as it happened within seconds. Then I bought back when it was safe enough. Wasn't interested in the BTG.

And I wanted to do this again. Problem, again because I prefer to play things safe, I sold BTC's many times during the rise, thinking it would fall anytime. A day before this fall of 400 I hardly had any BTC left, and then I screwed up thinking "hey looks like it's still safe".
So I didn't fully enjoy the rise, which is why I'm scared by fully enjoying the fall, taking me into the red if it falls back to where it was 2 weeks ago. And it must be worse for those who bought their first BTC's above 7000usd.
So I don't like having to be part of a predicted massive sell, but I'm afraid I will have to.

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlankZuel

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:00:38 AM

Trading platform is not important, it is important that everyone B2X in the psychological expectations after the fork. For now, B2X may fail, bitcoin cash will become the representative of large blocks.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 08:49:53 AM

The platform to trade does not have much difference. The only difference I see is that some exchanges have bigger volumes and slight differences in prices. That would be important for those who are strategically dumping the coin at those exchanges which have the highest price or buying at those which have lowest price.

Again since you are talking about B2X then people will be mindlessly dumping it hence I would suggest you to use those exchanges which have declared of supporting this coin when it has completed forking - do you own research on this because I am least bothered about this altcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x