Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:26:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IS THE ECROW?  (Read 167 times)
josephpogi (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:13:20 PM

Hi there i really want to know what is the meaning of escrow? Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eldrin

Activity: 644
Merit: 142

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 02:44:00 PM

What is 'Escrow'
Escrow is a legal concept in which a financial instrument or an asset is held by a third party on behalf of two other parties that are in the process of completing a transaction. The funds or assets are held by the escrow agent until it receives the appropriate instructions or until predetermined contractual obligations have been fulfilled. Money, securities, funds, and other assets can all be held in escrow.
© Investopedia

For example, the both of us will be having a deal, let's say I am gonna buy something from you, instead of directly giving you the payment, I'll give it first to the escrow (a person that both of us trusts), after I successfully received the item you are selling, the escrow will then give you my payment.

Or what we also call, MIDDLEMAN.

josephpogi (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:47:15 PM

What is 'Escrow'
Escrow is a legal concept in which a financial instrument or an asset is held by a third party on behalf of two other parties that are in the process of completing a transaction. The funds or assets are held by the escrow agent until it receives the appropriate instructions or until predetermined contractual obligations have been fulfilled. Money, securities, funds, and other assets can all be held in escrow.
© Investopedia

For example, the both of us will be having a deal, let's say I am gonna buy something from you, instead of directly giving you the payment, I'll give it first to the escrow (a person that both of us trusts), after I successfully received the item you are selling, the escrow will then give you my payment.

Or what we also call, MIDDLEMAN.
Nice explain sir Smiley your explanation will clarify my mind thanks sir.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: