Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:59:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The discussion on a new token idea. How to do it in a right way?  (Read 257 times)
GLDFY (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:00:12 PM

Hello all

I have an idea for ICO. But before starting it, I wanted to ask for an advice from the more experienced members of this fantastic community.
I would like to do something like a "stress test" for my idea. And I think that the best way for stress testing can be the Bitcointalk forum community. How do you think it would be right to organize such a stress test?

This is the plan how it can be working:
1. Prepare White Paper describing the very idea. Without ICO details. Just what we want to do. Why we doing it so. How our token will work for holders. Etc.
2. Create a thread on the forum in this section and publish the White Paper there to invite interested persons to the discussion.
3. Start answering the questions that arise after reading the document and at the same time supplement the main WP with the missing information.

As a result, I expect to improve the core product idea. Receive feedback from cryptocommunity. Basing on this feedback update the white paper with new information. Start building the community supporting the idea and reward most active and productive participants after the ICO.

How is my plan sound?

Thanks for the feedback.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
scott1

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:10:25 PM

As the saying goes: "Ideas are worthless. It's the execution that counts."

Crowdsourcing feedback is a great idea and I highly recommend that, but I believe the most important thing you should do is build a small team of people that all believe the product is worthwhile pursuing. That will improve the product idea immediately and will allow you to build faster. Also, it will make the crowdsourcing of ideas easier because people can tell you're serious about chasing the dream and having more people to respond to inquiries will increase the level of communication in the threads.

Next, seek expert advice and really understand if what you're building is actually feasible. If yes, can you get these people as advisors on board? Get your hands dirty and really figure out the technical challenges and start putting your own time and capital behind it. I, personally, would feel very uncomfortable investing in something that the founder hasn't staked a significant amount of his own time and money into. This aligns the incentives for everyone and removes a portion of the risk for a potential investor.

ICOs are a real way of democratizing the funding process on a global basis, but just having a white paper and no (at least alpha) product is a tough sell and will only get harder from here on out as investors in ICOs are becoming more educated. It should be an alternative to VC and not a free-for-all where people raise money without having shown that they can execute and deserve the investors' trust (and money!).

Hope that's helpful! Smiley

GLDFY (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:56:19 AM

Thank you for the answering! This is a very inspirational replay to say the less. Yes. I have a team a and the product is in beta stage at this moment. 

We have about 30K registered users and more than 6K daily users who are actively participating in testing.
But working on the WP requiring a lot of quite different skills (in comparison to the skill we needed for development ) so I want to do this part work together with the community and basing on the feedback

jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:05:45 PM

need project management ? contact in DM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: