Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:19:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [TAT.VIRTUALMINE]  (Read 39619 times)
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:53:29 PM

Yes sold out, only 20k were issued

I'm on my way back from a trip, so i'll have more details and an official thread for the btctc version of tat.vm later, but yes 20,000 shares have been released to start, more will be released later.
Great! and take care.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boyohi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:13:55 PM

I'm on my way back from a trip, so i'll have more details and an official thread for the btctc version of tat.vm later, but yes 20,000 shares have been released to start, more will be released later.

Smiley cant wait
Kyune

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:36:08 PM

It will be interesting to see what effect the newly-launched DMS.MINING asset has on the price of TAT.VIRTUALMINE, and vice-versa, as they are similar (not identical!) assets and both offered in the BTCT.co ecosystem.

BTC:  1K4VpdQXQhgmTmq68rbWhybvoRcyNHKyVP
FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:43:12 PM

It will be interesting to see what effect the newly-launched DMS.MINING asset has on the price of TAT.VIRTUALMINE, and vice-versa, as they are similar (not identical!) assets and both offered in the BTCT.co ecosystem.

TAT.VIRTUALMINE is the equivalent of 1 MH/s
DMS.MINING is the equivalent of 5 MH/s

with TAT at .0075, DMS.MINING should be at 5*(.0075) = .0375.

So either Mining is undervalued or TAT is overvalued if one were to take a simplistic view at the situation.
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:24:32 AM

So either Mining is undervalued or TAT is overvalued if one were to take a simplistic view at the situation.

Or both are overvalued - but TAT more so.
Or both are undervalued - but DMS.MINING more so.

All other things being equal (which isn't necessarily the case - there's valid scenarios in which each is worth more than the other) DMS.MINING will trade lower anyway - as it has multiple sources of supply (anyone who buys DMS.PURCHASE can sell them) so doesn't have the enforced shortage of supply that all other similar(ish) securities have.
radiumsoup

Activity: 356
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:41:17 AM

the thing is, you can't convert either to the other in the equivalent hashrate since they're both virtual assets... (you can't take 5 of TAT.VIRTUALMINE and convert to hashrate, then sell that hashrate for 1 DMS.MINING. You have to do it in BTC, which is not tied to the hashrate at all.) At least, not like how you could take a BFL device and trade it for an equivalent hashrate in Avalon chips, anyway. They're both really nothing more than 2nd-tier bonds* backed by the issuers' reputations and promises to repay. So value against each other can't be made against hashrate, it has to be compared using dividends.

I know, I know, it's splitting hairs since the dividends for both are exactly 5:1 to each other, identical to the hashrate ratio between them. But a better comparison would be "TAT.VIRTUALMINE pays x dividends per day, and DMS.MINING pays 5x dividends per day (ignoring the DMS.SELLING dividend for the sake of simplicity here, since the conversation is focusing on the mining divs anyway.)" Then you're left with rate of return on the original purchase price, along with a confidence multiplier based on the reputation and promise to repay of the issuer in regards to the actual dividends. When you boil it down, THAT'S the real comparison between the two issues - ability to repay and track record of repayment. (This appears to me to be flat between the two, by the way.) The wrench in the clockworks is the way the purchase price is worked out with DMS, since you can buy more at the lower static value the issuer sets if the market price of the derivatives start to approach TAT's value per hash. DMS.MINING is effectively building in a permanent undervalue situation compared to TAT's free market rate, effectively capping the rate of return for DMS "buy and hold" investors (UNLESS the "SELLING" derivative works a different way than I understand, but I'm pretty sure I understand it.) Kinda weird way to do it if you ask me, but it's an extremely interesting experiment at the very least.

*I don't mean "2nd-tier" as a slight by ANY means - I mean they are both backed by other company's assets, and not on their own assets. I own a very little of both primarily for the educational value.

PGP fingerprint:   0x85beeabd110803b93d408b502d39b8875b282f86
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:54:26 AM

TAT,
Outstanding 20971 / 100000 Issued
971, is that the more will be released later shares?
Queezy

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:17:15 AM

Hope I'm not distracting the thread from all the BTC-TE/DMS.MINING talk, it really is quite interesting to see these things get discussed  Smiley
Had to interrupt and bring this up though. I'm not sure how long this has been up (it is the first time I have ever looked at the page) but if you click the link on TAT.VIRTUALMINE's Bitfunder profile page, where he mentions Asicminer's Hashrate charts- http://www.asicminercharts.com/live/
Right up at the tip top of the page, "Sponsored by TAT Investments"!!!!!!!!!!
If this is old news, ignore me. I'm just a poor newb  Embarrassed . But if this is new, Congratulations TAT!!!
Do you prefer to go by TAT? lol
Anyways, the point of my post is to say that it is good to see that you are building your name and reputation up even higher. I have seen (so far Tongue) from looking around on the forums that you seem to have a fair amount of respect for and among the community and often put in a honest, rational opinion. I hope you have a lot of success, and not only because I would be benefiting from it as well lol but because it seems like you deserve it.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:34:57 AM

Hope I'm not distracting the thread from all the BTC-TE/DMS.MINING talk, it really is quite interesting to see these things get discussed  Smiley
Had to interrupt and bring this up though. I'm not sure how long this has been up (it is the first time I have ever looked at the page) but if you click the link on TAT.VIRTUALMINE's Bitfunder profile page, where he mentions Asicminer's Hashrate charts- http://www.asicminercharts.com/live/
Right up at the tip top of the page, "Sponsored by TAT Investments"!!!!!!!!!!
If this is old news, ignore me. I'm just a poor newb  Embarrassed . But if this is new, Congratulations TAT!!!
Do you prefer to go by TAT? lol
Anyways, the point of my post is to say that it is good to see that you are building your name and reputation up even higher. I have seen (so far Tongue) from looking around on the forums that you seem to have a fair amount of respect for and among the community and often put in a honest, rational opinion. I hope you have a lot of success, and not only because I would be benefiting from it as well lol but because it seems like you deserve it.

Hey, thank you!!!

I've actually been helping out SMiGuel by sponsoring his chart website for about a month now. I also have a few other sites I have helped with coin, including www.coinflow.co, a great stock chart website that is in development, check it out!

Deprived

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:07:48 PM

Hey, thank you!!!

I've actually been helping out SMiGuel by sponsoring his chart website for about a month now. I also have a few other sites I have helped with coin, including www.coinflow.co, a great stock chart website that is in development, check it out!

Looks like that's going to be a useful site - thanks for the link.
CanadianGuy

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:38:11 PM

I'm confused.. how do these dividends pay more than ASICMINER dividends if they are BACKED by AM shares?  Shouldn't they be the same?
ThickAsThieves (OP)

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:44:55 PM

I'm confused.. how do these dividends pay more than ASICMINER dividends if they are BACKED by AM shares?  Shouldn't they be the same?

Show your math plz.
Deprived

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:51:36 PM

They should be (and are) less - you need to be looking at ASICMINER in terms of their hashing power when comparing.  1 MH/S of ASICMINER shares pays a LOT more than 1 TAT.VM share (as it also gets incoem from sales of hardware).  It also COSTS a lot more - so no point directly comparing them as it's apples and oranges.

If ASICMINER sells a bunch of hardware and pays a massive dividend, TAT.VM won't get a bigger dividend.  If ASICMINER holds back most (or all) of a week's dividend to pay for development costs TAT.VM won't get a reduced dividend.  TAT.VM will get paid what its contract defines - and the ASICMINER shares are the visible proof that those commitments can be met.
boyohi

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:42:01 AM

I'm confused.. how do these dividends pay more than ASICMINER dividends if they are BACKED by AM shares?  Shouldn't they be the same?

For the cost of 1 asicminer you get ~385 virtualmine. 1 share Asicminer div is ~0.036 a week. 1 share Virtualmine is 0.00003223 a day. I'm sure I don't have to spell it out for you. Virtualmine is ~2.4x more a week. If you're look solely on dividends virtualmine is undervalue compare to asicminer.
CanadianGuy

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:48:16 AM

I'm confused.. how do these dividends pay more than ASICMINER dividends if they are BACKED by AM shares?  Shouldn't they be the same?

For the cost of 1 asicminer you get ~385 virtualmine. 1 share Asicminer div is ~0.036 a week. 1 share Virtualmine is 0.00003223 a day. I'm sure I don't have to spell it out for you. Virtualmine is ~2.4x more a week. If you're look solely on dividends virtualmine is undervalue compare to asicminer.

Can we look at % annual return, rather than direct share comparison?  (sorry I thought this was obvious)
  This would be like me saying asicminer-PT pay more divdends than asicminer-TAT -- obviously not true, as their dividend return % should be the same.   

Lets talk strictly % return please..
fently

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Bleh!

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:53:25 AM

Can we look at % annual return, rather than direct share comparison?  (sorry I thought this was obvious)
  This would be like me saying asicminer-PT pay more divdends than asicminer-TAT -- obviously not true, as their dividend return % should be the same.   

Lets talk strictly % return please..

% annual return is hard to predict for both of them, because they are different things. AM is mining + re-investment + sales. TAT.VM is income per hash. So over the long term, AM dividends will not drop as fast as the TAT.VM dividends. TAT.VM dividends will fall when difficulty rises. AM dividends will fall when they can't deploy enough new hash power to make up for difficulty increases or when their sales drop.
CanadianGuy

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:53:38 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 04:04:53 AM by CanadianGuy

I have 1250 shares of VIRTUALMINER.
That is 8.75 btc investment for .04BTC/day, or .28BTC/week, or 14.56BTC/year.

This looks like a much larger dividend return annually than AM.

where did i mess up

CanadianGuy

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:54:23 AM

oh okay..
8fold

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:57:29 AM

where did i fuck up..

Here is where.

Bitrated user: 8fold.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:11:40 AM

You can't compare the VM bonds to AM shares in the same way because TAT's VM is functionally a loan with repayment terms dictated by the contract, while AM's output is measured against the company hashrate.  In short - TAT chose what coupon rate to pay his bondholders ahead of time in a forward contract while AM's running dividend is determined by the week's block output.

This is why you can't make an apples-to-apples comparison of bonds and stocks.  One is an equity whose returns are determined by market production/mining conditions and the other is simply a non-expiring forward contract.  The VM bonds aren't 'backed' by TAT's AM shares; the AM shares are just the course of revenue he's using to pay the bondholders.  The bondholders only have a claim to the equity in the AM shares if TAT's cash flows hit zero and he's forced to sell AM shares to pay his contract-mandated coupons.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: