Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:19:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To open source or stay private? Predictive models, simulation testing and more  (Read 113 times)
Ericgw (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:20:47 PM

Hello Smiley

I've been working with my dev's in developing some algo's in the attempt of identifying historical news/activity patterns which precede price increases.  I am developing a simulation system which would be used for testing the algo's before using them live.

So far I have been funding the operation myself.  I thought to get some good traction and then go to public/group discussions for further development and to explore opportunities.  I have been considering changing the approach to be more public and group/community oriented up front.

I've done about $15k in R&D so far and overall things seem to be on the right track.

This being said, I wonder just how much faster and deeper this would move with community support.  I have not done a community project before though and although I have a solid enough business, marketing and team coordination background I am not a developer or economist by any means.  I have developed a number of smaller applications and softwares for one of my other companies and thoroughly enjoy the development process, coordinating the team, testing and communicating the vision and seeing it all completed.

I thought to post this topic to see what input, suggestions, interest or other discussions this may stimulate.

Looking forward to finding out!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: