Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:48:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cold Storage project By a Large Bullion Dealer  (Read 389 times)
wizgot (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:24:55 AM

Hi All,

I have been tasked with creating a cold storage platform for a very Big/Established Bullion Dealer in a very safe jurisdiction. They already have a lot of customers who have brought bitcoins but have no idea how to store/secure it.

Of course they are also happy to remove counterparty risk as much as possible, preferably do not want any idea what the PK is when they create cold storage wallets.

However, the probability that there are errors should be a close to 0 as possible. Should be verifiable but that can be non trivial and can cost both to customer and provider. Huh

I have given them some suggestions such as :
  • Create an Offline Armory Cluster(Customized) and save the private key directly into a person's safe vault, so that the operators cannot see the key(encrypted).
  • Create a Video of the whole process, with a twitter feed.
  • Post the hash of the video on a blockchain.

Why am I sharing this? I think this is something that could if done in a trustless way and at a provider who otherwise has a lot of credibility, could be valuable to all of us in the community. In other words I do not want to botch it up, and would like to get the communities views on this.

Thanks
wizgot
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:13:30 PM

If I got this right, there will be people who will be creating cold storage for clients? The whole purpose from bitcoin is to be your own bank so they should create it themselves and be in control the full time and in that case Bitaddress.org will be suggested, downloading the source code, running it locally using LiveCD Tails or other Linux distribution.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sweetdesirez

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:54:27 PM

What's the point of posting this? Sorry the grey matters are a bit slow in bubbling out the essay you have tried to impress with. What will the community benefit from this project?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: