I've been in the Bitcoin community, mining in pools and discussing (a little) on these forums since January of this year. I've tried to search great ideas for the community: like offering my services (hosting and my development skills on the wiki/my site
) which I offer 3-4 people at the moment but no development project yet!; like offering platform to help the community (this post
I think I prefer asking the community about what they really want to see because there are so many ideas and projects that has started recently that it's hard to decide what is a good idea. Moreover I have this summer (for me already in a few days) some (1-2 months) this summer so I can spend them to do interesting and useful things. I have great skills in programming like in C/Python/PHP and I like making web site development (but I'm not good at designing).
Here is some ideas I have got on the top of my head :
- Exchange/Pay files or maybe real things (seems already made like the auctions sites: biddingpond.com OTC and on this forum);
- Grid/Mining platform for passwords/RSA/physics/math calculus with GPU (found here
- Distributed file system (like that
) or something related to the encryption problem people have these days (that post
- I have little plans to enhance the GUI which leaks some features (like that post
and clearer GUI
- Futurist game (MMO RTS) which could use Bitcoin to buy/sell game items/things between players... or to buy items/subscription (too oldschool and already done by Dragon's tale
I'm sure there are thousand of ideas which I've even never thought, so give it a try and post your ideas and opinions!