Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:30:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: free powtoken over facebook does it have a future?  (Read 1712 times)
newfulluser

Activity: 267
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:39:20 PM

It better have a future, I claimed it really early and got a huge amount of it  Grin

The price won't be the same when they move all the lite tokens to the ERC20 blockchain but it doesn't need to be that high, right now if you claim your tokens you'll get about 484,473 POW which at the current price is 196$

Even if the final price is 1/10th of that it's already worth it for the one minute it takes to sign up. You only need to log with facebook.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:54:29 PM

How does given erc 20 token to average Facebook user who know next to nothing about blockchain constitute future for powtoken. If you have any blockchain project, you can not afford not to be on bct!
kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:55:10 PM

Yesterday i heard about powtoken project started giving free tokens via facebook on a site http://www.powtoken.com
Does it have a future ?

No and be very careful. This is huge collecting of personal data using Facebook login. Later they may try to steal your coins using obtained data as feeder for password cracker.

ArtPt

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:04:49 PM

Well, let's see. It depends on what will be next, in case of good facebook campaign it can have future, because many people love to use facebook and love simple usable things that can be the powtoken itself. But at this point nothing to prove that way.
Zakhal

Activity: 280

I love crypto

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:16:18 PM

They do have whitepaper and long explanations of everything. Looks more legit than most tokens on this forum. One of the features is that you can easili send your facebook friends the coin through that website. In future maybe some facebook-app so you can send them through the facebook itself.

They will expand this to twitter in future.
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:17:09 PM

I know a tech savvy person and a whale trader recommending this powtoken so I also tried it. The future will depend on how the devs works out his road map and support of the community.
itsv

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 03:44:34 PM

There are millions of facebook user right now and if they keep distributing coins for free like this than when they will list themselves, people will just dump all they have in few minutes.

Coins that are distributed via airdrop can't hold higher price.

Few people got lucky with Ebtc Airdrop and made some money,  Similarly ETHD.
Zakhal

Activity: 280

I love crypto

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:09:59 PM

eBTC didnt even have white paper or anything. It was just another ERC20-clone token with nice name. Powtoken actually has white paper and some good ideas of been social media token. I will hold some atleast. I would not compare this to e-tokens.
WHY IS THERE ANY VALUE IF YOU ARE GIVING THE POW AWAY FREE?

A nice way to think about this is using early telephone networks as an example. When the first telephone networks were developed, the phone companies used to give new customers phones and connect them to the network for free. When there were no other users on the network, the early adopters didn't get any utility from the phone. It was just a silent object which sat on their hallway table. Distributing the phones was just a cost, with no immediate benefit for the phone company. However, as the network started to grow, and people started to ring each other, the phones' utility started to increase, making ownership of the phone highly attractive and creating a virtuous circle which lead to almost 100% ownership amongst the public.
The above can be applied directly to distribution of an electronic currency. Right at the beginning there is no real benefit in owning it, but as the network of owners grows, the utility grows massively, meaning that almost any transaction you currently do with traditional money could be done with POW 'lite' with zero fees and lightning speed and ease.
WHAT IS MY POWTOKEN.COM ACCOUNT FOR?

Your POWtoken.com account is for sending and receiving POW 'lite' to and from your friends. Initially we have integrated with Facebook, but will soon roll-out more social media platforms that can be used. All the free allocations of POW 'lite', are simoultaneously represented by a real ERC20 token on the blockchain. These real ERC20 POW tokens are held in a single ETH account on the Ethereum blockchain. Your individual holding of POW 'lite' is kept track of using a centralised database and is 'off-Blockchain'. The POWtoken.com site operates that database and gives you access to your POW 'lite' and the ability to transfer it to friends (currenctly restricted to your Facebook friends, but soon to be including your friends on all the major social media networks).
http://powtoken.com/POW_Whitepaper_19_09_2017.pdf

anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:29:22 PM

the white paper doesn't explain the use cases of POW lite on facebook or social media!

and the video is just sketshy!
irmasany

Activity: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:41:11 PM

at this time many projects are starting to give free tokens, and more and more participating will certainly have an impact on the future of the coin. Can we look at other projects such as ebtc a few days ago that quite have a good future in my opinion.

You are right. but I am confused by the end of this many airdrop everywhere. is this good ? because almost all of the coins that have been there. just add front letters.
promo25

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:42:59 PM

the white paper doesn't explain the use cases of POW lite on facebook or social media!

The team is solid and serious, and the tokens were free. I expect a lot more from pow token than from all these eBTC eLTC eXRP copy paste clones.
R3ffun

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:29:38 AM

Looks like just another token given out for free and the price that they are claiming for their coin can't be real because there is no way to determine the actual price of those free tokens. They have never sold those token so its value is $0 right now, price of each token will only be determined when it will be listed in some exchange platforms.

I will never share my personal details like facebook for airdrops....
for now indeed $0 for the price but i believe will high price when the token can claim in oktober 10
so just waiting to claim and convert to USD or bitcoin
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:55:03 AM

Looks like just another token given out for free and the price that they are claiming for their coin can't be real because there is no way to determine the actual price of those free tokens. They have never sold those token so its value is $0 right now, price of each token will only be determined when it will be listed in some exchange platforms.

I will never share my personal details like facebook for airdrops....
for now indeed $0 for the price but i believe will high price when the token can claim in oktober 10
so just waiting to claim and convert to USD or bitcoin
Actually,I have experienced this already and I found out that I wasn't paid so I was disappointed. What I did the next was I reject some offers on facebook because all the details might be shown in their and easily get hacked. So I'm avoiding this kind of threading but maybe there's a significance on this to twitter but I hope not because in twitter you only like and retweet and there's not so many info to be posted. Anytime,you can just click the buttons and less worries.
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:28:06 AM

The team is solid and serious, and the tokens were free. I expect a lot more from pow token than from all these eBTC eLTC eXRP copy paste clones.
These days there are a lot of free airdrop so Ive also tried to connect my facebook account and there is free powtoken. I dont know yet if this is will become legit and Ill just see if we can withdraw/sell this token.
Anonyme

Activity: 219

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:23:16 PM

This coin distribution similar with stellar/str now XLM, they airdrop with facebook auth and  stellar exist until now
riosakamoto

Activity: 194
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:45:24 AM

Go sign up guys you won't lose anything it may have a future, they said withdraw/sell will be on in December hope so!
devster

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:04:42 PM

Do you know of any markets that have been approached to list this coin?
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:40:28 PM

The distribution model is good as a concept, but I am not sure that it has been executes in the best possible way. Some people got too much in the beginning.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
regsintered

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:59:36 PM

yeah, I got some powlite. The future will depend on the dev. We do not know exactly what he will do with his project. he has airdrop for many facebook accounts
rajuahmed763

Activity: 456

🔥 Ultimate Launchpad on TON 🔥

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:44:13 PM

If it becomes successful will it have an impact on etherium price?
It can not be said whether it will be successful. But if successful, then ethereum does not seem to have any effect on the price. But it will tell that time.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: