Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:20:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin fork worries.  (Read 1005 times)
mistanama

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:33:16 AM

You have nothing to worry about, because bitcoins fork is a good sign of change. All you have to do is put in a safe wallet that you control your private keys. To make sure that the hardfork has progressed. It's also based on my experience it can be lost. or have a twin like BCC - now talk BTG or Bitcoin Gold to be a result of a hard fork but it's up to 7% in progress and we're still far away

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:33:56 AM

You have nothing to worry about. There's nothing to worry about. Just make sure your coins are in awallet that gives you access to private keys. Do not leave your coins in an exchange. Noone knows how the market will react, we are not see the future. Forks happen, just keep calm and relax.

Yes, we should not be worrying that much with all of these scheduled forks. Although it can not be avoided that there would always be fear or apprehension all because there is no united stand made by the group of decision makers on what exactly is the best choice of path to be followed (that is why it can be called as hard fork or contentious fork) unlike what is happening with Ethereum where there is just one voice and there is no vacuum of leadership.

Let's see what can really happen and we just wish that people who will decide the path for Bitcoin will not just be thinking on their own business interests but also those of the ordinary Bitcoin holders like you and me. Personally, am hoping that this series of hard forks can be the last at least for some years to come.
xtrump101

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

$onion

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 04:35:59 AM

Still new to this so i have a couple questions if thats ok. There are supposedly 2 forks coming up in OCT and NOV

Whats the different between these 2 forks?
Why are people more worried about the second one in NOV & Why will that one affect the price more?
Whos in charge of these forks? Bitcoin coders themselves or others?

Thanks!
There is nothing to worry about the second hardfork, crypto community are much more prepared than the first one, they know how do deal with it, thus it wont affect the price of bitcoin much that it pump the btc price,  according to TA's in known publication btc is eyeing to spike of upto 5k usd to 6k usd, so hold those coins till that day Smiley
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:18:20 AM

There is nothing to worry about this fork's. Bitcoin will still remain how it is, it is like having an airdro of coins when having bitcoin hard forks, though the price might get affected a little but no worries, we just have to hold our bitcoin and wait for another bitcoin ALL TIME HIGH price and then we are going to get profits on holding it.

We don't need to panic when a very huge price drop happens, it is just normal, because bitcoin's price eill PUMP again no matter what.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12865

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:30:26 PM

Let's wait instruction from theymos, he usually give instruction how to face the fork, he has good technical skill to guide me as non tech boy. Hope there will be no problem, there will be forks after that I think.

It will be great to see explanation by Theymos. Every investor/trader should do his homework and analyze the market before entering any position.

Yes I’ve always looking forward for his update about it,, I’m one of them who read and amaze how his analysis on the matters and instructions are mostly accurately researched and well organised.. Theymos is still one of the best in this forum,, i hope it will be sooner so that we know what we gonna do at those fork that coming..

It'll be similar to the Aug 1 thing, but it'll probably be more messy because S2X lacks the replay protection which BCH had. I'll post an updated guide sometime in the next couple of weeks, with a link in the forum news. (Split time is mid-November.)

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 03:46:46 PM

My worry about Bitcoin is, what will happened to this coin if the hardfork, is not that successful and very buggy. For sure a mass dumped will happened next.

Another fear is how decentralized is BTC. ? We dont know, there might be some evil developers that hides some malicious code in the sourcode.

Still new to this so i have a couple questions if thats ok. There are supposedly 2 forks coming up in OCT and NOV

Whats the different between these 2 forks?
Why are people more worried about the second one in NOV & Why will that one affect the price more?
Whos in charge of these forks? Bitcoin coders themselves or others?

Thanks!
Leezerg

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:54:26 PM

If I keep my bitcoins on the exchange, where will the additional "fork" coins appear? Also, when are those forks happening?
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:05:07 PM

If I keep my bitcoins on the exchange, where will the additional "fork" coins appear? Also, when are those forks happening?

Bitcoin is the value change every day it will give more profit and more information for the business and finance sector it the fork it is price is soul down it worries for the bitcoins. Bitcoin is the fork every time it will manage in the process. But you will check the price every use full to your profit get more. Bitcloin it will best one for the get income process.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:11:00 PM

Don't worry about the fork. You will get some free coins to increase your bitcoin holdings.
Everyone hopes like that, everything is going to be alright. If the same case the same as BCH fork we will earn free altcoins of airdrop, and that's the time to make additional money. I think bitcoin will  be resistance to forks and the next forks. 
Fria

Activity: 182
Merit: 40

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:22:24 PM

The only thing would worry about Bitcoin forks are Altcoins. Today it is found out that Bitcoin hard forks is helping out Bitcoin to pump the value and investors will prefer to hard forks like Bitcoin Cash and Gold than low end Altcoins..
CryptoLD

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:30:35 PM

Well last one to create BCG was actually not a real fork IMO, just some guys who wanted to make their own blockchain using the bitcoin one.

For coming one implementing seg2x, this is a real fork implementing technological improvements. Bitcoin blockchain is quite familiar to this kind of update but at this time, have to say I'm pretty confused about exchanges communication. This could make price move pretty much because of confusion.
orarider

Activity: 575

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:38:21 PM

sorry ,,, I am a beginner here and have not understood about the terms that are in bitcoin ,, like bitcoin fork,
please ask for explanation from bitcoin experts about bitcoin forks ,,, ??! and why can fork make any worries ??

You can find out this information on google, it will be explained meticulously, I think no one here can help you understand it. You need to find out for yourself.
Quietman

Activity: 292

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:41:31 PM

The fork last October doesn't have a big impact in the price of bitcoin. Fork may occur again but it wont cause any damage to bitcoin I think. If the price fall, it will only be short term. How people handle the or manage the fork adds up panic that makes the price fall. Anyway, it is just normal for bitcoin to go up and down since we know from the beginning that it is volatile.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:42:30 PM

Well last one to create BCG was actually not a real fork IMO, just some guys who wanted to make their own blockchain using the bitcoin one.

For coming one implementing seg2x, this is a real fork implementing technological improvements. Bitcoin blockchain is quite familiar to this kind of update but at this time, have to say I'm pretty confused about exchanges communication. This could make price move pretty much because of confusion.

Of the same mind. the bitcoin gold fork wasnt really a fork so much as someone capitalizing of of an existing blockchain already in place. the fork didnt really offer any innovation; it was purely an ideological split for all intents and purposes. Seg will actually mean something, and if you thought the price movement was bad on bch and btg, just wait for tthre correction that will come around seg.

Im just really tired of all this; cant wait until we stop all this damned forking of the path, and actually start traveling forward down it.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 10:43:28 PM

There has been already two forks. Both of them have been a great opportunity to cash in some more bitcoin, and it is likely that the november one will be just the same. I would not been surprised even if it did not happen, seeing the lack of success of the previous two forks.

hahahafr

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:19:51 PM

Since the new fork is approaching, i think that the best thing you can do is relax yourself first, and try to hold your coins as much as you can. I want to sell my bitcoins as soon as possible, but i do want to receive that free money on november 11nd, so i would not dump my bitcoins for now.
Anyway, i read a lot of posts of people complaining about this new fork, but this is going to be a REAL fork like it was before with Bitcoin Cash, so you dont need to worry about.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
yubsep

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:30:10 PM

Every fork wants to breakdown Bitcoin price !!
Don't worry, Bitcoin will still #1
Beparanf

Activity: 2744
Merit: 754

Burpaaa

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:35:11 PM

Every fork wants to breakdown Bitcoin price !!
Don't worry, Bitcoin will still #1
Fprk are made for corrections that trigger others to have fud or to gain freebies, there might have some crash if fails,but bitcoin can always recover.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:42:19 PM

You have nothing to worry about. There's nothing to worry about. Just make sure your coins are in awallet that gives you access to private keys. Do not leave your coins in an exchange. Noone knows how the market will react, we are not see the future. Forks happen, just keep calm and relax.

Yes seriously. People freak out so much over forks. Remember how much hype the first one created? Maybe the price will crash and we will soon benefit from their stupidity.

I think from now on we will be seeing new coins with every fork. Btw yobit support the fork coins so you can keep your BTC there if you want. I had some left over from trades during the last fork so I got them early. It is safer to keep them yourself though.

Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:56:02 PM

Yes seriously. People freak out so much over forks. Remember how much hype the first one created? Maybe the price will crash and we will soon benefit from their stupidity.

I think from now on we will be seeing new coins with every fork. Btw yobit support the fork coins so you can keep your BTC there if you want. I had some left over from trades during the last fork so I got them early. It is safer to keep them yourself though.
Not surprising though. People do really freak out if theres a news about an upcoming fork and as a person doesnt really have too much knowledge then you will most likely ending up on selling out when you do see pricefalls.
Talking about keeping coins on yobit? I wont do such thing even though they would be the first to support fork coins.Better to keep it on electrum because im really convenient when i do have the full control of my coins and later on we can really claim those fork coins.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████