Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:19:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Payment to offline wallet  (Read 672 times)
moneybank4u (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:52:19 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 08:22:00 AM by moneybank4u

Hello guys,

I have transferred certain amount of BTC to my offline paper wallet today an hour ago(paper wallet was created before hard fork) and the same is not reflected under the blockchain.info(where i can check the balance). Is it that the amount is not reflected due to an offline wallet address? How will I check the balance in offline wallet address? Please advise on this.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:42:34 AM

Are you sure you sent it to right address? From which software did you create that wallet from? It looks like you sent the payment to a wrong address or you are looking up the wrong address on blockchain.info. Get your offline wallet backup and see if you see your 'Address' in it. I hope your PC isn't compromised because there are malwares which change your bitcoin address when you copy and paste them.
moneybank4u (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:02:48 AM

Are you sure you sent it to right address? From which software did you create that wallet from? It looks like you sent the payment to a wrong address or you are looking up the wrong address on blockchain.info. Get your offline wallet backup and see if you see your 'Address' in it. I hope your PC isn't compromised because there are malwares which change your bitcoin address when you copy and paste them.

I have created multiple wallet address through bitaddress.org,performed the entire process offline and I have also sent the funds to the other wallet address in the past. It was all fine then. But when I have sent to other wallet address today it was not reflecting under blockchain.info. I have also received email from my exchange asking for a confirmation to sent it to the wallet address mentioned by me. I have checked it multiple times before sending the funds and the wallet address is the right one. I am not sure what is happening and how to trace it now. I have the private keys and will it help in anyway now? Please suggest.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 09:09:03 AM

So, if i get it correctly you:
- downloaded bitaddress.org's sourcecode
- generated a bunch of paper wallets
- funded the addresses on the paper wallets
This part is OK...

Now, for the rest of your story:
- how did you fund the exchange's address? Did you sweep the private key on the paper wallet, did you import the private key directly, did you use a website like coinb.in,...
BTW, was the private key bip38 encrypted?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
moneybank4u (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:13:46 AM

This part is OK...

- how did you fund the exchange's address? Did you sweep the private key on the paper wallet, did you import the private key directly, did you use a website like coinb.in,...

I have created the wallet address through bitaddress.org and it generated the private keys too. I later made some Bitcoin purchase through the local exchange and now when i am trying to transfer those BTC to the wallet address(the one generated through bitaddress.org) and checked it under blockchain.info,it shows nothing to me. No transaction at all.
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 09:19:23 AM

This part is OK...

I have created the wallet address through bitaddress.org and it generated the private keys too. I later made some Bitcoin purchase through the local exchange and now when i am trying to transfer those BTC to the wallet address(the one generated through bitaddress.org) and checked it under blockchain.info,it shows nothing to me. No transaction at all.

Ah, now i got it Smiley
- you generated paper wallets
- you bought btc
- you withdrew the btc to the address printed on your paper wallet.

If you are 100% certain you funded the correct address, either the vendor didn't broadcast the withdrawing transaction (yet?), or maybe blockchain.info is lagging or missing info.

If you don't mind about privacy, you can post the paper wallet's address (NOT the private key) in this thread. If you moderately care about your privacy, you can send the address to me in PM. I'll have a look on my node.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
moneybank4u (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:29:10 AM

This part is OK...

Ah, now i got it Smiley
- you generated paper wallets
- you bought btc
- you withdrew the btc to the address printed on your paper wallet.

If you are 100% certain you funded the correct address, either the vendor didn't broadcast the withdrawing transaction (yet?), or maybe blockchain.info is lagging or missing info.

If you don't mind about privacy, you can post the paper wallet's address (NOT the private key) in this thread. If you moderately care about your privacy, you can send the address to me in PM. I'll have a look on my node.

Yes,you got it right! I will PM you the BTC address now. If you could bail me out of this I would be very thankful to you as I desperately need some funds soon.

Thanks for your help so far...
Thekool1s
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:30:41 AM

you can send your btc address to mocacinno if you want, but i will recommend you to check it yourself from other blockchain explorers, you will find plenty of them by doing a quick google search. Are you sure your exchange has processed the payment? Or did they only sent you a notification email that you are trying to send X amount of BTC to XYZ address? Also how trusted is this your local exchange? May be they have scammed you by not sending your bitcoins at all.
moneybank4u (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:42:15 AM

you can send your btc address to mocacinno if you want, but i will recommend you to check it yourself from other blockchain explorers, you will find plenty of them by doing a quick google search. Are you sure your exchange has processed the payment? Or did they only sent you a notification email that you are trying to send X amount of BTC to XYZ address? Also how trusted is this your local exchange? May be they have scammed you by not sending your bitcoins at all.

I have purchased them through a trusted local exchange as far as I am concerned. In the meanwhile, I will also contact them for more info. BTW I have just received a notification email saying that I am trying to transfer the BTC to a certain address. Does it mean that I have to wait for the confirmation from their end first?
Thekool1s
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:44:18 AM

Yes, most wallets give you a warning when you are trying to spend unconfirmed coins, so may be the coins your 'local exchange' sent you haven't confirmed, that's why may be you are receiving that email notification. Ask your local exchange to give you the transaction id and see if they have indeed sent the payment in and do check whether the transaction has received any confirmations on it.
moneybank4u (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:53:40 AM

Yes, most wallets give you a warning when you are trying to spend unconfirmed coins, so may be the coins your 'local exchange' sent you haven't confirmed, that's why may be you are receiving that email notification. Ask your local exchange to give you the transaction id and see if they have indeed sent the payment in and do check whether the transaction has received any confirmations on it.

I contacted the exchange and they are yet to process the transaction. You were of great help to me.

Thanks a ton my friend!!!
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:30:34 PM

I contacted the exchange and they are yet to process the transaction. You were of great help to me.

I created the wallet address through Blockchain.info and it generated the private keys too. I later made some Bitcoin purchase through the local exchange and now when i am trying to transfer those BTC to the wallet  the addresses changes.
I am not sure, if I understood right, but can it be, that your account at exchanger is hacked or have a copy paste virus?
Or do you use the blockchain.info wallet? Then it is usual, that you see another wallet address. It generates after each recieving a new address for privacy. But you can also recieve funds still on your old address.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:20:25 PM

Good to know that you have known the answer but in case that your transaction was confirmed and processed by the exchange you are using and still there's no reflect in the offline wallet but you can see your transaction in the blockchain network. You must update that offline paper wallet of yours and in other terms you need to synch it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 05:56:38 AM

Good to know that you have known the answer but in case that your transaction was confirmed and processed by the exchange you are using and still there's no reflect in the offline wallet but you can see your transaction in the blockchain network. You must update that offline paper wallet of yours and in other terms you need to synch it.

you cannot sync a paper wallet... Confirmed transactions are part of the blockchain, they should be visible on any block explorer (unless said explorer is lagging or is having bugs).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:15:41 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2017, 12:35:36 PM by boyptc

you cannot sync a paper wallet... Confirmed transactions are part of the blockchain, they should be visible on any block explorer (unless said explorer is lagging or is having bugs).

Thanks for correcting me mocacinno, I still need to learn a lot about blockchain technology and with wallets also thanks for the additional info.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 12:35:47 PM

I created the wallet address through Blockchain.info and it generated the private keys too. I later made some Bitcoin purchase through the local exchange and now when i am trying to transfer those BTC to the wallet  the addresses changes.
I am not sure, if I understood right, but can it be, that your account at exchanger is hacked or have a copy paste virus?
Or do you use the blockchain.info wallet? Then it is usual, that you see another wallet address. It generates after each recieving a new address for privacy. But you can also recieve funds still on your old address.
I guess you don't go through this thread before jumping into conclusion because the OP question was already answered.

Mocacinno, I have a question concern what Boyptc said and the question is. Is it possible to update paper wallet? If yes,how?

HCP
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4316

<insert witty quote here>

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:06:24 PM

Mocacinno, I have a question concern what Boyptc said and the question is. Is it possible to update paper wallet? If yes,how?
That depends on what you mean by "update"?

There isn't really anything else you can "update" on a paper wallet... it is effectively just a private key and public address written on a piece of paper... what are you wanting to "update” exactly? Huh

Do you mean "can you send more money to it?" ? if so,  the answer is yes of course you can...  it's just like any other Bitcoin address.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████